1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien (Updated with new prototype HS)

How did this happen lol. Wtf.

Yeah the second one looks like crap, thats why i canceled my pre-order. I personally think the first one looks nice, and i for one prefer rooted hair to sculpted. sculpted long hair? what the crap people.

It is probable Sigourney Weaver has the final say. It is her likeness.

It is probable Sigourney Weaver has the final say. It is her likeness.

Maybe, but I would suggest that sculpted hair is simply a cheaper and easier route to take than rooted hair. Unfortunately, I'm close to cancelling my preorder - or changing it to HT Arkham Joker, which to me is a total home run compared to this random space trucker chick.

Who else would put out a 1/6 scale figure that comes close to Ms. Weaver's likeness. It may not be an exact duplicate of the woman but she is a must have for an Alien collector. Barbie doll or sculpted hair.

:lol Yes, it seemed we drifted into the outer core on this one. If it is EVER released, it'll just be dumb luck.

Yeah I don't see a scenario in which this figure is not released. It will come out. Hot Toys has showed prototypes at Toy Fairs that have gone nowhere but to have a figure already on Pre-Order...sold out with some retailers and not release it...leaving so much money on the table is unlikely. I could understand something on pre-order like the Hulkbuster not coming out because HT discovers that they are genuinely unable to mass produce it, but Ripley is a 1/6 figure...2 arms, 2 legs and a head...anyone that thinks that Hot Toys will not release this because they could not get Ripley's facial expression quite right or better yet the look of the little cat that will be in the package may be giving Hot Toys too much credit. I am sure that their mandate is not that they MUST release a "perfect Ripley" simply that they must release something to fulfill their pre-orders.

Yeah I don't see a scenario in which this figure is not released. It will come out. Hot Toys has showed prototypes at Toy Fairs that have gone nowhere but to have a figure already on Pre-Order...sold out with some retailers and not release it...leaving so much money on the table is unlikely. I could understand something on pre-order like the Hulkbuster not coming out because HT discovers that they are genuinely unable to mass produce it, but Ripley is a 1/6 figure...2 arms, 2 legs and a head...anyone that thinks that Hot Toys will not release this because they could not get Ripley's facial expression quite right or better yet the look of the little cat that will be in the package may be giving Hot Toys too much credit. I am sure that their mandate is not that they MUST release a "perfect Ripley" simply that they must release something to fulfill their pre-orders.

They are throwing a very small, and rotten bone to Alien fans with this one. First teasing it for years, now as of last may being an 'official' pre-order release, to then have multiple 'delays', and with no word on any other figures for this sci-fi line, nor anything ever more about the Aliens version of Ripley and the powerloader, I firmly believe it's the case of HT just doing it to appease the clamoring fan base. But their effort on it is for sure sub par than what they COULD do if they really put their efforts in it. Case in point, look at the Robocop ones. They are amazing. And I think that Robocop has an even less market appeal than that of the 'Alien' market share which I think is pretty big. Yes they make figs for the comic based movies which is their bread and butter, but on one hand I'm glad to FINALLY be getting a proper Ripley figure, but also see it could be so much better if HT really wanted to put the effort, bottom line is, they just don't seem to care that much about a huge sci-fi genre cornerstone license. They totally have the mindset of 'eh, people will buy it no matter what we do, so 70% effort is good enough'

... it could be so much better if HT really wanted to put the effort, bottom line is, they just don't seem to care that much about a huge sci-fi genre cornerstone license. They totally have the mindset of 'eh, people will buy it no matter what we do, so 70% effort is good enough'
theyre-likeanimalsi-i-hate-.jpg

Yeah, that "dumb luck" line from ALIENS was a joke, I have it on PO.

Back