1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien (Updated with new prototype HS)

I like the open mouth head sculpt

Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien

10452969_248480175340756_2884416273310395878_o.jpg

Why are the female necks on these figures so tiny, like a Barbie doll? I remember seeing Sarah Connor or several of them in the Terminator threads and the same thing there. The head looks stupid sitting on that neck. Worse in the case of Linda Hamilton but even Sigourney Weaver have a much wider neck than a Barbie doll.

Especially when both Weaver & Hamilton, have such pronounced jawlines.

Absolutely do those necks look ****ing stupid like that. :lol

Very good point chaps. Also yeah, funny that they both have somewhat strong jaw structure.

Those photos also show that the current outfits HT have on the go are oversized & not the right material (my current bugbear). Sort it HT!

I'd not realised just how absurd the skinny neck looked, but now that's another thing to add to the "hope they fix" list..

But do u realize how old 1st class is now? Isnt it kinda late?

You realize you're posting about how 'old' 1st class is as a movie, in a thread about a character from Alien? Do you think this is for a character in some upcoming movie? :lol

Good point^ :lol

I'm sure you know what he means though - it remains to be seen how First Class will stand the test of time. When all is said and done with superhero movies it probably won't hugely stand out as a benchmark classic worthy of action figure tributes down through the years. Most superhero films will totally rely on hype and First Class's hype period has come and gone during which time another film came out aswell.

Yeah, that's a stunning improvement over the older version. Looks good!

Yes! Thank God. Still looks a little more like a pt.2 older Ripley but at least the likeness is there now

Yeah it does, which I don't mind. I never thought she aged much between the first 2 films anyway.

But actually considering this sculpt looks a little more like her than the Aliens version I might in fact try to get another one of these heads and give it a haircut specifically for Aliens. Hopefully it'd be as easy as I'm thinking.

Yeah it does, which I don't mind. I never thought she aged much between the first 2 films anyway.

But actually considering this sculpt looks a little more like her than the Aliens version I might in fact try to get another one of these heads and give it a haircut specifically for Aliens. Hopefully it'd be as easy as I'm thinking.
She's not as fresh faced in the second film; given the events of the first film, the impact of all that shows in her countenance. The shorter hair makes her look a bit older too.

Good luck with the barber job.. :lol

I hope HT made a new seamless semi-muscular body for her and she has undies so I can display her in that scene before she wears the space suit...

They don't usually nail a likeness with their female figures, is that fair to say?

Was kinda hoping this would be an exception (I still hope, particularly for the Aliens version). Even so, looking forward to the full set of official pics whenever they happen.

Will you pick with the loader or just the figure... Damn so many things coming up... Whoops....

Will you pick with the loader or just the figure... Damn so many things coming up... Whoops....

Just to clarify the post of mine Leon quoted here is before we saw the more recent prototype that actually does look like Sigourney Weaver :lol

As to your question, well we don't know for sure if there's gonna be a separate figure release, kind of assume there will be because there's more very memorable ways to display a Ripley from Aliens than just in the Powerloader.

This powerloader looks better than the one I have and the one I have has fallen apart in ways - all the hoses have broken off and one of the shoulders broke too - fixed that but not without causing some scrapes and so on that diminish the collectible for me. For these reasons I'd certainly be tempted to get the new Loader but I'd have to sell my old one somehow, whatever about ED-209 I definitely don't need 2 Powerloaders.

What are you planning on getting sir?

Back