1/6 Hot Toys - DX26 - Obi-Wan Kenobi Series : Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to be dramatic, but this show was the final straw that killed my love in Star Wars. I find it very hard to believe anyone has warmed up to it in time, I think it’s more that the initial shock of experiencing the horrendous attempt at a story has worn off with all the other garbage coming out in recent years.

With that being said, I can’t imagine wanting to own this figure. To me it would be a depressing representation of an attempted butchering of an adored character who didn’t need further explanation to be who they are. I wish I could hide this thread without blocking the poster.

Rant/whine over. :drool :lol
I see this opinion a lot lately concerning Obi-Wan and Mando S3 and I just dont get it? I thoroughly enjoyed both and have been a SW fan since the beginning. Literally, I was 12 when SW came out. Maybe my tolerance for bad TV has grown as Ive grown older?

Obi-Wan has even warmed me up to the prequels in some respects and those I did not like at all originally. I have a much greater apreciation for Hayen Christensen's version of Vader after seeing Obi-Wan than I ever did when seeing the prequels.

I see this opinion a lot lately concerning Obi-Wan and Mando S3 and I just dont get it? I thoroughly enjoyed both and have been a SW fan since the beginning. Literally, I was 12 when SW came out. Maybe my tolerance for bad TV has grown as Ive grown older?

Obi-Wan has even warmed me up to the prequels in some respects and those I did not like at all originally. I have a much greater apreciation for Hayen Christensen's version of Vader after seeing Obi-Wan than I ever did when seeing the prequels.
I would say that Obi-Wan is objectively bad. If you like it, fine, but if you can’t understand why others don’t then I feel that you’re just being wilfully ignorant.

I would say that Obi-Wan is objectively bad. If you like it, fine, but if you can’t understand why others don’t then I feel that you’re just being wilfully ignorant.
Yeah there are scenes in that show that are just shockingly bad, the escape from the base just one of them on a level right with BOBF’s biker gang.

Yeah there are scenes in that show that are just shockingly bad, the escape from the base just one of them on a level right with BOBF’s biker gang.
The show was just ugly too. Everything was dark, brown and grey, blurry, muted. Couldn't see **** during the final battle.

Now BOBF I can agree with! Didnt enjoy that at all and physically winced during that biker gang scene. I dont remember ever reacting that way when watching Obi-Wan though?

Now BOBF I can agree with! Didnt enjoy that at all and physically winced during that biker gang scene. I dont remember ever reacting that way when watching Obi-Wan though?
That scene where Flea was chasing Leia through the forest. Excrutiating. I’ve seen better filmmaking from ten year old YouTubers.

The show was just ugly too. Everything was dark, brown and grey, blurry, muted. Couldn't see **** during the final battle.
Ever since digital came in as an alternative to shooting on film I feel there has been more and more of a trend towards muted color schemes. And I really hate it.

My opinions change too, over time. I trashed BOBF as much as anyone, but there's still scenes and arcs I think a lot of. Like the development of Boba and Fennec's relationship. Appreciated the PT more over the years.

IMO Obi-Wan didn't have the greatest premise e.g. approaching him as more or less depressed and down. To me that made no sense - guilt, yes, but there was always hope, especially with Yoda's last instructions in the PT. Also, even in Rebels Yoda shows up, and he WOULDN'T commune with Obi once in a while? Still, there are scenes I really appreciate, like the shot of Anakin in the desert.

I still want the figure because at the end of the day, it was Ewan McGregor as Obi-wan and IMO it's a reasonable look/costume arc of the character (also ties to the Sideshow Mythos figure which I own). Waiting for the reveal of Sideshow's Obi-Wan statue too.

Wow that seems like a rather harsh reaction to my post?
It’s like saying you don’t understand why people don’t like the prequels and sequels. There are very obvious reasons that have been discussed at length.

I love the prequels but I fully understand that they are deeply flawed and why people do not enjoy them.

I don’t see what was harsh about my comment at all :dunno.

Like or hate the source material, doesn't matter. It's canon and if people want a figure depicting the timeline of a character that could be all the reason to warrant it. It's yet another reason why SW always changes the looks of a character, for the merchandise and profit. Don't need to have great source material to justify the purchase. I don't like their CW looks, but don't think anyone that does is ignorant. People like different looks. Some just want it all, DIsney has added to the timeline and universe whether good or bad, it's still better to ME than having nothing added at all.

It’s like saying you don’t understand why people don’t like the prequels and sequels. There are very obvious reasons that have been discussed at length.

I love the prequels but I fully understand that they are deeply flawed and why people do not enjoy them.

I don’t see what was harsh about my comment at all :dunno.
Feeing the need to call me ignorant because I voiced an opion about a tv show? Harsh.

Feeing the need to call me ignorant because I voiced an opion about a tv show? Harsh.
Not what I said, if you actually bother to read it. But sure.

The show has been discussed and picked apart to death online, including this board - even within this very thread.

Saying you "don't get" why people are negative on this show is ignorant.

If you find the word ignorant insulting or harsh then I don't know what to tell you. If you want to be upset over it then feel free.

Not what I said, if you actually bother to read it. But sure.

The show has been discussed and picked apart to death online, including this board - even within this very thread.

Saying you "don't get" why people are negative on this show is ignorant.

If you find the word ignorant insulting or harsh then I don't know what to tell you. If you want to be upset over it then feel free.
You generally make good points on these threads, usually with an air of arrogance that I've come to accept. You were just kind of being a d*ck here, honestly. You also didn't quote yourself correctly. You said: " but if you can’t understand why others don’t then I feel that you’re just being wilfully ignorant." It's just unnecessary on a board of people talking about a movie and action figures. Just my opinion.

You generally make good points on these threads, usually with an air of arrogance that I've come to accept. You were just kind of being a d*ck here, honestly. You also didn't quote yourself correctly. You said: " but if you can’t understand why others don’t then I feel that you’re just being wilfully ignorant." It's just unnecessary on a board of people talking about a movie and action figures. Just my opinion.
I'm always wary of people who claim art can be "objectively" good or bad. There are certain "rules" of filmmaking that are generally accepted as good, but that doesn't make any of those rules objective.
I've liked half the Disney stuff (Andor, Kenobi, Mando, Ahsoka) but I'm hoping they can improve. Lots of potential. I think Disney/Lucasfilm got in over their heads and pushed too much into production too quickly, resulting in some shoddy execution and questionable creative decisions.

Don’t worry about that guy amicus, thinks he’s the ultimate authority on everything. Laugh it off.

Obi Wan’s socks, Reva’s twists and spins over the rooftops, the biker gang dude’s spin before shooting, Boba’s running from the big dog, Leia’s forest chase scene…..it’s all Canon now folks like it or not. I have spoken…you got that?

Fair enough. @Hardax apologies for any offence.
Don’t worry about that guy amicus, thinks he’s the ultimate authority on everything. Laugh it off.
Of course I am, the council of me’s voted for it.
IMG_1847.jpeg

I'm always wary of people who claim art can be "objectively" good or bad. There are certain "rules" of filmmaking that are generally accepted as good, but that doesn't make any of those rules objective.
I've liked half the Disney stuff (Andor, Kenobi, Mando, Ahsoka) but I'm hoping they can improve. Lots of potential. I think Disney/Lucasfilm got in over their heads and pushed too much into production too quickly, resulting in some shoddy execution and questionable creative decisions.
Eh, there are definitely objectively bad pieces of art out there. Nobody can claim that The Room is actually an underrated masterpiece :lol.

This show just did not achieve what it set out to do. Remove all of the Reva bull **** and it’s somewhat salvagable. But even then I’d still say it’s still a pointless story that didn’t need to be told and didn’t add anything to the world or characters.

But whatever, I still watched it and I’m apparently still buying these figures from it. The Mouse always wins in the end :lol.

Now that everyone's made nice I'll give you my two cents. I thought @chrisstbh actually meant @Hardax was purposely ignoring the negative views of others, which comes across very different (& decidedly less d*ckish) than saying he was willfully ignorant. The former simply implies a conscious choice to look at things "through rose colored glasses", while the latter implies an unwillingness & inability to intellectually process the views of others.

Back