1/6 Hot Toys - DX26 - Obi-Wan Kenobi Series : Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that everyone's made nice I'll give you my two cents. I thought @chrisstbh actually meant @Hardax was purposely ignoring the negative views of others, which comes across very different (& decidedly less d*ckish) than saying he was willfully ignorant. The former simply implies a conscious choice to look at things "through rose colored glasses", while the latter implies an unwillingness & inability to intellectually process the views of others.
You said it better than I could. I do have a reputation of sounding more blunt than intended via text, even with friends etc. :lol. It wasn't intended to be insulting, but judging by everyones reactions I didn't phrase it as well as I could have (and you did) :lol.

You said it better than I could. I do have a reputation of sounding more blunt than intended via text, even with friends etc. :lol. It wasn't intended to be insulting, but judging by everyones reactions I didn't phrase it as well as I could have (and you did) :lol.
I appreciate the recognition of that. All good here. On the topic, I have this figure on pre-order as well as the Vader because I enjoyed the battles even if the series was rather "meh" for me. The damaged helmet Hayden looks terrific and I think they made an appropriate head sculpt adjustment to this figure from the prototype and they will look pretty great on a detolf shelf together.

Anyone care to guess why exactly this figure keeps getting delayed? Doesn't seem like that complicated of a figure. It also wasn't part of that upcoming releases picture that HT sent out so it could still be months before he comes out.

Anyone care to guess why exactly this figure keeps getting delayed? Doesn't seem like that complicated of a figure. It also wasn't part of that upcoming releases picture that HT sent out so it could still be months before he comes out.
Personally not surprised if production in any way - materials, costume makers, etc. are in any way connected with mainland China. Just watch "China Observer" on YT. Factories closing, people being laid off. I watched some of those vids and was like, uh-oh, even for shipping.

I don't KNOW that; but not surprised there are delays. And there are companies moving out of China and relocating which also causes delays.

1. INT. COMMUNITY RM - EVENING

There is a group of twenty people sitting on chairs in the middle of the room in a circle. The group is quiet, staring at the floor; wearily, one of the group stands to his feet.

SPACE JOCKEY:
Hello, my name is Space Jockey, and I'm a collectible action-figureholic. I'm here today as I really enjoyed all the Star Wars Disney+ series so far. ALL OF THEM. So sue me! But I hated movie episodes seven, eight and nine, those are crap, especially Captain Phasma, who didn't do anything except polish her helmet. And that's all I have to say.

Space Jockey sits down. The rest of the group looks at him, mouths agape and in silence. Space Jockey rests in quiet satisfaction, thinking about the invoice sitting at home for the Mr. J figure from One Sixth Kit.

FADE TO BLACK

I do regret not preordering this figure though, I really like the new sculpt. I had the Kenobi Darth Vader on PO but I cancelled that and went for 1989 Batman instead. I regret that cancellation too.

I appreciate the recognition of that. All good here. On the topic, I have this figure on pre-order as well as the Vader because I enjoyed the battles even if the series was rather "meh" for me. The damaged helmet Hayden looks terrific and I think they made an appropriate head sculpt adjustment to this figure from the prototype and they will look pretty great on a detolf shelf together.
Yeah I'm getting both Vader and Obi-Wan, just like the looks. That battle damaged Vader sculpt is on of their best ever.

Haven't gotten the delay notice yet....but guess I will:acme

I'm wondering if it depends on when your flex payment is (if you have one). Mine's the 20th so they gave me a nice heads up. My AOTC Anakin is the 15th and have not gotten a delay yet so maybe he's getting ready to release.

I'm wondering if it depends on when your flex payment is (if you have one). Mine's the 20th so they gave me a nice heads up. My AOTC Anakin is the 15th and have not gotten a delay yet so maybe he's getting ready to release.
That figure wasn't even in Hot Toys last "coming soon" photo. The Vader figure and 501st Clone would be up first.

My last payment is due the 25 no notice yet. But won't be surprised I am a waitlist convert so must have been last in line.

Back