1/6 Hot Toys Disney Maleficent - Angelina Jolie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Those pics are great, but one thing perplexes me--her face looks perfect in your pics, but for some reason, in Michael Crawford's review pics, her face looks wider, somehow, and it isn't flattering. Optical illusion, maybe? Here's one from Michael Crawford's review for comparison:

review_maleficent_3.jpg

I don't know...is it me or does her jaw and cheeks just look wider there? After reading Michael's review this morning I was prepared to skip this figure, but after looking at your pictures I think it looks awesome again. Confusing...

One more pic from Michael Crawford's review:

View attachment 169677

Again, the face just looks wider to me, in an unflattering way. It's as if WolfBoy got the perfect looking prototype version and Michael got the not as good production piece. If I could be guaranteed to get one that looks like WolfBoy's I'd be all over this.
That's exactly what I think, in some pictures the face looks perfect to me like on the prototype, in other pictures it seems to be a wider head sculpt. I hope it comes only from the Lightning an angle ...

It's just angles and lighting. It doesn't look wide faced in hand.

It's just angles and lighting. It doesn't look wide faced in hand.

as much as I have thought about purchasing this figure THIS is the one thing that has held me back... in some photos her face looks flawless, yet in others, it looks like a barbie doll quality... I just can't see spending the money on something I am unsure about, yet reading your comment made me think "well alright!"

That's an amazing figure! I feel like buying this and I didn't even like the film that much!

Are people in Canada able to order this from SS yet?

No, and I don't think it is going to become available either. I also can't buy from Australia and it has been that way since it went up for preorder.

I gather this was restricted from the beginning due to licensing issues with Disney. All Canadian and Australian suppliers must have ordered the quotas from SSC and therefore there were none remaining for single buyers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back