1/6 Hot Toys Disney Maleficent - Angelina Jolie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I got mine yesterday and noticed she has plastics sheets around her torso and neck, are these super difficult to get off? I only got a few minutes to look her over so I didn't get a chance to try anything.

Pop off the head to get one plastic sheet. Open the back of her dress via a velcro strip and the rest of the plastic sheets will just pull out.

And when I said it's easy you thought it's sarcastic...I expect 'thank you' as well 😝

Got mine in today. Beautiful figure in hand. This is in my daughters room, she loved the movie and character. Haven't put the train on her as yet but I will tackle that soon. The HS is very nice work by Yulli. The crow sculpt is great in hand as well, the subtleties of the costume is something to behold in hand.

Gave up on the snaps - used double sided wardrobe tape.

Dave, did you start with the middle column? That was the toughest set to get in. the set on the sides went in fairly easy, once heated I lined up with the hole pressed and swiveled clockwise/counter-clockwise and that was it.

PHEW Got mine unboxed!

As many here have said, the snaps on the dress are really hard to attach to the train. As much of a violation it is to poor Maleficent... the best solution is to put one hand under the dress and put a finger on the back of the snap and then the snaps should attach with the added pressure.

My biggest warning for people is in regards to the hands. I managed to snap a wrist peg (my first time ever after over 30 hot toys figures!) while trying to put the loop over the middle finger of the hand... so be careful with that!

So... with those two painful frustrations aside, this is an incredible figure! The detail is extraordinary. I had concerns over the paint job before having this in hand, and now I have to say that the paint looks great. The cheek bones look perfectly defined in any display lighting situations. My only concern is that this figure is probably one of the most fragile ones that I own!

Do not remove the loop from her fingers prior to swapping the hands!!! Push the cloth of the sleeve towards the hand and pull the hand off. Then remove the loop, replace loop on new hand prior to popping the new hand to the arm. Ignore the instructions.

Do not remove the loop from her fingers prior to swapping the hands!!! Push the cloth of the sleeve towards the hand and pull the hand off. Then remove the loop, replace loop on new hand prior to popping the new hand to the arm. Ignore the instructions.

Yep that is the way I replaced the hand and loop thingy. I think this was the most annoying assembly with a hot toys figure I've had.

Back