1/6 Hot Toys Disney Maleficent - Angelina Jolie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you follow that Seller Noel's Repaints on Ebay, his work often sell's into the thousands.
He mostly repaints Glamour & Barbie type Dolls.
I asked for a commission a few years back and it was a thousand back then just for a complete repaint of the head.
So, $2500.00 for this Jolie isn't out of the norm for him.

$1000 - $2500 for a painted head.......... for a doll?

Some ppl are really hard not to make fun of.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've got no problems with people paying that for something they really want, if they have that cash to splash. Good for them.
I wouldn't do it myself. But different strokes..

:lol

I've got no problems with people paying that for something they really want, if they have that cash to splash. Good for them.
I wouldn't do it myself. But different strokes..

:lol

True, but there are people out there who would laugh at us for paying $200 something for this figure. If you work hard for your money, spend it however you like.

When will preorders be :)

It has a nice paint up but the outfit is a mattel one. Whoever paid the $2500 should have waited for a hot toys repainted!

Like someone said, whoever bought it doesnt know about hot toys, and also clearly doesnt have an idea of how the market works.

Like someone said, whoever bought it doesnt know about hot toys, and also clearly doesnt have an idea of how the market works.

I'm not sure many of you understand Noel Cruz and the world of doll collecting. He is a HIGHLY respected doll artist whose work often winds up in the hands of celebrities and has had feature articles and news interviews showcasing his talents. The fact that this guy essentially uses intricate detail and Trompe-l'œil to fool the eye into seeing depth and likeness that isn't present in the mass produced toy is amazing. Secondly, the people who collect Noel's work are getting a ONE OF A KIND piece, period, regardless of the doll's origin. It's also quite common for him to painstakingly cut and style the doll's hair to emulate a particular character and/or celebrity with much more accuracy than what was also present at purchase.

Do I own one of his pieces? No. But the people who collect his work know EXACTLY what they are getting when they get one of his works. The Hot Toys comparison is a bit of 'apples vs. oranges' to me.

I'm not sure many of you understand Noel Cruz and the world of doll collecting. He is a HIGHLY respected doll artist whose work often winds up in the hands of celebrities and has had feature articles and news interviews showcasing his talents. The fact that this guy essentially uses intricate detail and Trompe-l'œil to fool the eye into seeing depth and likeness that isn't present in the mass produced toy is amazing. Secondly, the people who collect Noel's work are getting a ONE OF A KIND piece, period, regardless of the doll's origin. It's also quite common for him to painstakingly cut and style the doll's hair to emulate a particular character and/or celebrity with much more accuracy than what was also present at purchase.

Do I own one of his pieces? No. But the people who collect his work know EXACTLY what they are getting when they get one of his works. The Hot Toys comparison is a bit of 'apples vs. oranges' to me.

Giving it more thought, it was more along the lines of "this is an artistic piece" and a lot of the price was tied to his name and work. Honestly never heard of the guy, great skills tho. For the people that actually buys his stuff, eh to each their own, its their money, we actually have no say to judge their spending habits because look at us, we buy the "toys" for couple hundreds :lol

You would never catch me buying that for that insane amount of money.

Now a J.C. Hong painted sculpt....

From BBTS:

Good morning Francisco,

Thank you for your email! Often times, we will post a preorder once Hot Toys publishes it on their website but we must wait for the official product solicit. Typically with the major manufacturers such as Hot Toys, we will solicit product immediately after they release the details. Stay tuned for updates and have a wonderful day!

Back