1/6 Hot Toys - Batman v Superman: DoJ - Batmobile Collectible Vehicle

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's your opinion and we can agree to disagree. There are alot of fans of the show, and they are making a new animated movie with ward and west. There are alot of collectors my age in there 40's and older who love the show and will buy the batmobile. Most companies I am sure over estimate sales and demand. It's not like any 1/6 line is not sitting on shelves for the most part. Figures are slower to sell out, and eventually are discounted. Too much being released and announced. Look at all the new order troopers announced and up for order. So argument can be applicable to other lines as well.

I get that, I really do. It's certainly fondly remembered and trumps other "nostalgic" properties like Lost in Space for example. I'm just saying, I don't think that there's a big enough market to warrant a mass release of a 700$ collectible. Would the fans buy? Sure, considering most fans are adults with jobs and everthing. No biggie man, just different opinions! :duff

I get that, I really do. It's certainly fondly remembered and trumps other "nostalgic" properties like Lost in Space for example. I'm just saying, I don't think that there's a big enough market to warrant a mass release of a 700$ collectible. Would the fans buy? Sure, considering most fans are adults with jobs and everthing. No biggie man, just different opinions! :duff

What about the 89 batmobile release? That sold well and I am sure the same argument can be made. Was there a huge demand for that also? I am really wondering. I started collecting in 2013 and found forum later after I bought 89 and it sold out soon after.

Last edited:
What about the 89 batmobile release? That sold well and I am sure the same argument can be made. Was there a huge demand for that also?

More recent, the first Batman movie, a wider release, all factors that contributed in it getting made. People who will buy the 66 Batmobile were children in the 60s. People who bought the 89 Batmobilewere children in the 80s. There's a considerable time-gap in there. Besides, 89 Batman is known all over the world. In Australia, the UK, India and Italy. Batman 66? Not so much. The US Market for 1/6 stuff is much bigger than, say, Europe, that's pretty much true, but still, it's a fact that should be considered.

I mean you already have the 66 crowd narrowed down to 60s kids. Then you narrow it down to kids who grew up to be collectors. Then, you again narrow it down to mostly US people. Sure, there's a chance that a French 30-something woman will want to buy a 66, but the probabillity isn't that high IMO.

Either way, I'm speaking from my POV and from what I've heard from other companies which made 66 product (like DST). The market just isnt as big as everyone had hoped. But that's just my opinion,and in the end, it's all moot. It's in Hot Toys' hands if they'll ever make it.

More on track what will the price tag be for the batmobile? Will we see it at $750 upwards?

The truth is that I think more people might be interested in the car than the figures. The Barris Batmobile has a cult following that kind of transcends the show, even. There are people who collect every version of that car, in every scale, and I think it'd be a mistake not to capitalize on that, when you can also appeal to the 1/6th collectors who bought the figures.

You guys just don't give up. If there are not enough people to buy the figures then there are not enough to buy the even more expensive Batmobile.

As a big Batman fan, I love the 1966 TV series. I'm not old enough to have seen it when first aired, but watched re-runs in the 1970's over here in the UK.
When the figures were announced I had to have them (same with the Chris Reeve Superman) – and have to say I think they are Hot Toys best ever figures.
That said, although i'd love the Batmobile, it's just too bloody expensive... I'd buy every Bat figure released if I could, but this hobby has gone stupidly expensive!

More recent, the first Batman movie, a wider release, all factors that contributed in it getting made. People who will buy the 66 Batmobile were children in the 60s. People who bought the 89 Batmobilewere children in the 80s. There's a considerable time-gap in there. Besides, 89 Batman is known all over the world. In Australia, the UK, India and Italy. Batman 66? Not so much. The US Market for 1/6 stuff is much bigger than, say, Europe, that's pretty much true, but still, it's a fact that should be considered.

I mean you already have the 66 crowd narrowed down to 60s kids. Then you narrow it down to kids who grew up to be collectors. Then, you again narrow it down to mostly US people. Sure, there's a chance that a French 30-something woman will want to buy a 66, but the probabillity isn't that high IMO.

Either way, I'm speaking from my POV and from what I've heard from other companies which made 66 product (like DST). The market just isnt as big as everyone had hoped. But that's just my opinion,and in the end, it's all moot. It's in Hot Toys' hands if they'll ever make it.

I grew up in the 70's. The show was on reruns for a while. I graduated high school in 89. So there is a market for those who grew up in the 60's,70's, and possibly early 80's. Also the batmobile was at auto shows for years and still is. Market is bigger than you think. Plus people from the 60's and 70's like myself have kids who love the show like we did because we introduced it to them. So the market is bigger than you speculate. Many car enthusiast who liked the show or just moved the car might be interested in it. The bvs batmobile i feel has less of a market. Collectors like me who are 40 plus are usually in a better financial situation to be able to afford it vs twenty something or less collectors whose funds are less has to really pick and choose, or plan to out Raman noodles for a couple months in order to afford a hts vehicle priced near or over 800.00 with shipping.

I grew up in the 70's. The show was on reruns for a while. I graduated high school in 89. So there is a market for those who grew up in the 60's,70's, and possibly early 80's. Also the batmobile was at auto shows for years and still is. Market is bigger than you think. Plus people from the 60's and 70's like myself have kids who love the show like we did because we introduced it to them. So the market is bigger than you speculate. Many car enthusiast who liked the show or just moved the car might be interested in it. The bvs batmobile i feel has less of a market. Collectors like me who are 40 plus are usually in a better financial situation to be able to afford it vs twenty something or less collectors whose funds are less has to really pick and choose, or plan to out Raman noodles for a couple months in order to afford a hts vehicle priced near or over 800.00 with shipping.

That would be me. Never really watched the show, have no interest in the figures but still love the car and would pick it over the nicely done BvS car.

That would be me. Never really watched the show, have no interest in the figures but still love the car and would pick it over the nicely done BvS car.

It's worth pointing out that my son is 8, and as he has a batfan as a dad, he's familiar with all the Batmobiles, but the 1966 one is his favourite. There is just something magical about that car.

Eh, we'll agree to disagree then. A market exists, it's just that from what I've seen in other boards, it's just not as big as the fans hope. Certainly not as big, IMO, to warrant the release of a 700$ vehicle after the two 200$ figures they already released "bombed".

Eh, we'll agree to disagree then. A market exists, it's just that from what I've seen in other boards, it's just not as big as the fans hope. Certainly not as big, IMO, to warrant the release of a 700$ vehicle after the two 200$ figures they already released "bombed".

Yep it bombed hard enough they might make a second one :lol

Yep it bombed hard enough they might make a second one :lol

That's why I put it in quotes. It didn't bomb per se, but since the Batmobile has been largelly forgotten, I'm led to believe the sales weren't as good as they imagined. Or maybe it got in the backburner due to Avengers 2. Or Howard hates it with a firey passion and has condemned it to hell. Who knows? Only HT does, so at this point, it's kinda silly to debate whether or not it's the market's fault or HT's. My personal poinion is that there just isn't a big enough market that will eat up tons of 700$ 66 Batmobiles.

I hope it's released some day for you folks, but seeing as this is the thread for the DoJ Batmobile, I think the conversation should stop or be moved to the 66 thread. I don't care bout the car, the show, or that period of Batman at all, so I really have no horse in this race. If it's released? Fine, its fans will finally get it. If not? I couldn't care less TBH...

That's why I put it in quotes. It didn't bomb per se, but since the Batmobile has been largelly forgotten, I'm led to believe the sales weren't as good as they imagined. Or maybe it got in the backburner due to Avengers 2. Or Howard hates it with a firey passion and has condemned it to hell. Who knows? Only HT does, so at this point, it's kinda silly to debate whether or not it's the market's fault or HT's. My personal poinion is that there just isn't a big enough market that will eat up tons of 700$ 66 Batmobiles.

I hope it's released some day for you folks, but seeing as this is the thread for the DoJ Batmobile, I think the conversation should stop or be moved to the 66 thread. I don't care bout the car, the show, or that period of Batman at all, so I really have no horse in this race. If it's released? Fine, its fans will finally get it. If not? I couldn't care less TBH...

Agreed :duff
i don't have a horse in this race either and i will not lose sleep if it's not up for PO someday. We never know what happens behind closed doors of the HT empire.

I am looking forward to unboxing pictures of the BvS Batmobile. I am not buying it but i like it.

I'll pass on this one, but will pick up a 1/18 scale when available from Mattel. I like this design.

Agreed :duff
i don't have a horse in this race either and i will not lose sleep if it's not up for PO someday. We never know what happens behind closed doors of the HT empire.

I am looking forward to unboxing pictures of the BvS Batmobile. I am not buying it but i like it.

Yeah, I'll surely not be buying the BvS Batmobile either, but I'd like to see how it looks with Batman in it. I'd love to see someone recreate the trailer scene with Supes standing on top of it and Bats slowly emerging from the inside. With the proper lighting, it'd be one hell of a display piece.

Back