1/6 Hot Toys - AT-ST

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotta ask: what do you all do for a living, that you can afford 1:6 vehicles? Clearly, I am in the wrong line of work. LOL

As am I by the looks of it Matt, the prices the figures are is obscene enough, without the prospect of snow speeders the cost of a second hand car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HT is currently selling seven-foot-tall 1/1 figures for thousands of dollars and people still think 1/6 STAR WARS vehicles won't get sold?

The TIE Fighter and TIE Interceptor aren't even as large as the 1/1 figures. The X-Wing would sell like crazy at 6'11" in length. Same goes for the Snowspeeder and AT-ST.

Even Slave I, which would be 11 feet long would sell.

The Falcon cockpit and Rey's Speeder are just the beginning.
Wow your back saying the same stupid stuff?

Yeah but a statue can go off in the corner of a room whereas something last an x wing would take up a lot of room due to its shape. It would basically be like trying to fit a sofa in your geek room or man cave.
Sofa? Try something bigger than a King size bed.

The Dagobah Hut seems big enough, I couldn't see many vehicles being made. If a Black Series X-wing gets made it might be possible to convert it so it takes a Sideshow x-wing luke.

I would scrape together the money for a snow speeder though - the Palitoy snow speeder was my best Christmas present ever.

The Dagobah Hut seems big enough, I couldn't see many vehicles being made. If a Black Series X-wing gets made it might be possible to convert it so it takes a Sideshow x-wing luke.

I would scrape together the money for a snow speeder though - the Palitoy snow speeder was my best Christmas present ever.
I got the AT-AT for Christmas but the best bit was getting the snowspeeder as it was a complete surprise.
I'd fixed up my landspeeder with a piece of string attached to the back and piece of lego as the harpoon[emoji1]

I managed to buy a mint in box snowspeeder in early 90's for £25 but sold it this year to put towards Hot Toys!
2a64a63c1db246bce943912a6345717c.jpg

1de343ea292b065e620eef823ad30eb3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The Kenner snowspeeder was actually oversized for the figures. They really aren't that huge. It would be a great 1/6 vehicle, as would the landspeeder.

It's a mystery as to why we hear about stuff like 1/6 ATST's and TIE's - which even if made available wouldn't be huge sellers - when stuff like the landspeeder they would sell a ton of and would have lots of display possibilities.

I mean HT makes a Delorean (which I love, but has really only one or two display possibilities) yet not the more iconic landspeeder?

Wouldn't that still be half the size?

The Kenner snowspeeder was actually oversized for the figures. They really aren't that huge. It would be a great 1/6 vehicle, as would the landspeeder.

It's a mystery as to why we hear about stuff like 1/6 ATST's and TIE's - which even if made available wouldn't be huge sellers - when stuff like the landspeeder they would sell a ton of and would have lots of display possibilities.

I mean HT makes a Delorean (which I love, but has really only one or two display possibilities) yet not the more iconic landspeeder?
It maybe 1/2" to long by 1/18 scale. Your still looking at 35x30. Yeah it's the most likely ship. I still think land speeder would be most likely to be made as it not any larger than vehicles that have been made.

Wow your back saying the same stupid stuff?

Nothing stupid about believing that a company currently selling thousand-dollar collectibles will eventually sell more popular thousand-dollar collectibles.

Btw, sorry to hear you're still working at McDonald's & can only afford to buy one two-hundred-dollar 1/6 figure per year.

You can always just buy 1/6 stuff from Hasbro, dude. No shame in that.

Nothing stupid about believing that a company currently selling thousand-dollar collectibles will eventually sell more popular thousand-dollar collectibles.

Btw, sorry to hear you're still working at McDonald's & can only afford to buy one two-hundred-dollar 1/6 figure per year.

You can always just buy 1/6 stuff from Hasbro, dude. No shame in that.
It's not about the $$$ it's that people are nothe going to buy a 1/6 vehicle that is larger than their bed or their bedroom. It's been a year where is the Tie Fighter? Where is the Falcon that needs a two car garage? Hell where is the Falcons cockpit? Get a clue and stopen acting like your some baller.

Yeah that was always funny that after all the under-sized vehicles like X-Wings, TIE Fighters, the Falcon, etc., that when Kenner finally had something that they DID'T have to make under-sized like the snowspeeder they went ahead and made it too big. :lol

It maybe 1/2" to long by 1/18 scale. Your still looking at 35x30. Yeah it's the most likely ship. I still think land speeder would be most likely to be made as it not any larger than vehicles that have been made.

This is a pic of the Epic Models 1/6 snowspeeder shown at SDCC last year, with a person standing a few feet behind it (so it's not quite as big as it appears, but it gives some idea of size.)

Sadly, there have been no updates on this since September of last year - hope it hasn't disappeared forever. The detail was HT quality.

11698806_1644017012480967_8911464840759374410_n.jpg

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...es/159966-epic-models-1-6-snowspeeder-10.html

Again, I don't think you understand the footprint/volume most of the ships/vehicles would have.

Snowspeeder/Landspeeder would be the way to go, but anything bigger is just crazy. So no, most people can't easily display the 1/6 vehicles HT have shown at conventions (Falcon, TIE Fighter) or a eventual X-Wing.

And your statement that they will make it just because they already sell other thousand dollar collectibles? It's all about how much money they can make off each design and I'm not convinced they will sell enough of these big vehicles to cover the design, manufacturing and shipping. Just look at the fact that the TIE Fighter last year had to be shipped in different crates and you have a huge obstacle for getting this out to collectors.

Again, I don't think you understand the footprint/volume most of the ships/vehicles would have.

Snowspeeder/Landspeeder would be the way to go, but anything bigger is just crazy. So no, most people can't easily display the 1/6 vehicles HT have shown at conventions (Falcon, TIE Fighter) or a eventual X-Wing.

And your statement that they will make it just because they already sell other thousand dollar collectibles? It's all about how much money they can make off each design and I'm not convinced they will sell enough of these big vehicles to cover the design, manufacturing and shipping. Just look at the fact that the TIE Fighter last year had to be shipped in different crates and you have a huge obstacle for getting this out to collectors.

I agree, but I also think the improvements in 3D printing will make "mega" 1/6 collectibles more financially feasible going forward - using existing 3D files - and I also think there are more people now who would be willing to not only fork out $1,500-$5,000 for a 1/6 X-Wing, TIE or Slave I, but are also the kind of people to have the space to display them.

If these ships do make it into production, they would represent a new kind of "elite level" 1/6 collector. The huge increases in the cost of all things 1/6 in the past five years (the old saying being if someone is willing to pay it, someone is willing to charge it) does show companies testing ever higher price points and getting away with it, so you can't rule these types of things out.

We're already in a world where a Sideshow 1/6 figure is nearly $300 - a laughable pricepoint five years ago, but incomprehensible ten years ago.

I agree, but I also think the improvements in 3D printing will make "mega" 1/6 collectibles more financially feasible going forward - using existing 3D files - and I also think there are more people now who would be willing to not only fork out $1,500-$5,000 for a 1/6 X-Wing, TIE or Slave I, but are also the kind of people to have the space to display them.

If these ships do make it into production, they would represent a new kind of "elite level" 1/6 collector. The huge increases in the cost of all things 1/6 in the past five years (the old saying being if someone is willing to pay it, someone is willing to charge it) does show companies testing ever higher price points and getting away with it, so you can't rule these types of things out.

We're already in a world where a Sideshow 1/6 figure is nearly $300 - a laughable pricepoint five years ago, but incomprehensible ten years ago.

This guy gets it.

Good post.

Most home owners buy a home to live in, with suitable living space ( myself included ), they don't buy homes that have huge rooms set aside for 10 foot long slave ones.
Like I say, if you have the space that's great, and if you have the spare cash to throw thousands at an X wing, then fair play.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 2000sq ft house that's not small and have no one else living there. It's furnished in a normal way and I could squeeze a couple of these large items you seem to think most people can fit. Here is the difference between me and most people , I don't have kids taking up space, I don't have a significant other to work with, but even then I know it would be very impracticable.

Unless they live in a mansion or dedicate multiple rooms just to a vehicle there is no way they have a number of these unless we are taking stuff like speeder bikes , land speeders etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back