1/6 Hot Toys - AT-ST

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's definitely crazy, though not unfeasible. I'd definitely purchase one if they do decide to produce it.

Since the AT-ST is supposed to be 8.6 meters tall, that would make it 1.6 meters/4.6 feet tall at sixth scale. But the main mass is in the body, which would only be about half that length (2~2.5 feet or so). It seems just as doable as the Tumbler (2.4 feet) and the 89 Batmobile (3.25 feet). The overall mass would be similar. It would also probably be easier to ship than either Batmobile, and possibly lighter since massive tires aren't required.

It's definitely crazy, though not unfeasible. I'd definitely purchase one if they do decide to produce it.

Since the AT-ST is supposed to be 8.6 meters tall, that would make it 1.6 meters/4.6 feet tall at sixth scale. But the main mass is in the body, which would only be about half that length (2~2.5 feet or so). It seems just as doable as the Tumbler (2.4 feet) and the 89 Batmobile (3.25 feet). The overall mass would be similar. It would also probably be easier to ship than either Batmobile, and possibly lighter since massive tires aren't required.
Yeah but those cars aren't over 4' tall. I would expect it to end heavier and the small legs have to support the rest of the body. I would expect there would have to be some metal supports for the legs unless they are going to shove a clear rod up its ***.

If they do proceed with these large 1/6 vehicles, they will have to be in the $1500+ range, so will be the first 1/6 pieces to be priced out of range of the majority of 1/6 collectors. The people who can afford them could also afford the space to display them.

A 1/6 scale at-st model seems unlikely to go into production. Too expensive, too tall and too hard to display. Unfortunately I'm not confident with this one. On the other hand, I have a feeling we'll see a PO for the MF cockpit soon.

They need to get that Millennium Falcon cockpit diorama out for preorder before they start doing more full vehicles that will probably end up as pieces that they do just to flex their muscles at all these shows.

Do we really need 1/6 scale vehicles? I think it would be awesome if they made an AT-ST the size of a 1/4 scale figure or something.

I doubt they will release a 1/6 version of this, just another display piece.....or they will go the route of The Bat and make a 1/12 version.

Do we really need 1/6 scale vehicles? I think it would be awesome if they made an AT-ST the size of a 1/4 scale figure or something.

I think I would purchase some. I would not be able to resist a skiff. I would also like an escape pod, a speeder bike, and a land speeder. i would prefer beasts though. Still need a Wampa.

I think I would purchase some. I would not be able to resist a skiff. I would also like an escape pod, a speeder bike, and a land speeder. i would prefer beasts though. Still need a Wampa.
And beasts! Yes...1/6 Wampa would be amazing. And Rancor.

1/6 Snowspeeder would be very cool

Yeah, I think a 1/6 Snowspeeder, Landspeeder and maybe even a skiff would not only be practical, but would sell. The skiff would be tough because you would need a lot of jabba goons to fill it out in addition to Jedi Luke, Han, Chewy and Lando.

It's sort of shocking they would have done Rey's speeder (which is so non-iconic, barely used and has only one display option) before Luke's landspeeder - which is iconic, used quite a bit and has multiple display possibilities.

HT is currently selling seven-foot-tall 1/1 figures for thousands of dollars and people still think 1/6 STAR WARS vehicles won't get sold?

The TIE Fighter and TIE Interceptor aren't even as large as the 1/1 figures. The X-Wing would sell like crazy at 6'11" in length. Same goes for the Snowspeeder and AT-ST.

Even Slave I, which would be 11 feet long would sell.

The Falcon cockpit and Rey's Speeder are just the beginning.

HT is currently selling seven-foot-tall 1/1 figures for thousands of dollars and people still think 1/6 STAR WARS vehicles won't get sold?

The TIE Fighter and TIE Interceptor aren't even as large as the 1/1 figures. The X-Wing would sell like crazy at 6'11" in length. Same goes for the Snowspeeder and AT-ST.

Even Slave I, which would be 11 feet long would sell.

The Falcon cockpit and Rey's Speeder are just the beginning.

Yeah but a statue can go off in the corner of a room whereas something last an x wing would take up a lot of room due to its shape. It would basically be like trying to fit a sofa in your geek room or man cave.

Forget the goons. Just display those four characters with Fett. Five figures on a skiff would be enough and they'd all be icons.

Yeah true - and what a sweet display that would be.

Yeah but a statue can go off in the corner of a room whereas something last an x wing would take up a lot of room due to its shape. It would basically be like trying to fit a sofa in your geek room or man cave.

Yeah, even if they did make a 1/6 X-wing, you'd really struggle to find a way to display it. It would also be very fragile. And imagine the cost of a display case for something that huge.

A ship segment like what they've done with the Falcon could work, but not sure it would have as much use or impact - best you could hope for would be the canopy open with Luke in it and R2 in position. Not a lot of variety.

Very nice but not sure we'll see the AT-ST happening. But I'll gladly accept the Royal Guard and AT-ST Driver (and Scout)

I still think its a mistake in translation. They mean the AT-ST Driver OR the Speeder Bike.

Hot Toys is actually making a 1/6 version of this:

9K7tdpb.jpg

Back