1/6 Hot Toys - Aliens ALIEN Warrior 2.0 (2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry I meant the new Aliens. Warrior

Ah ok, well, I paid that much for him. I haven't regretted it... posing is the big issue with this one, but I wasn't going for a dynamic pose anyways so I like him.
5a712f3377849835b6b36aa3349efe7c.jpg

Do you guys think new HT Warrior is worth $229?
Knowing previous track record of HT and Aliens.

For 1/6 scale, I think he is the best out there. Posing can be an issue if you are looking to have very dynamic poses.

The rubber suit seems much more durable than previous HT aliens except for the jaws and lips areas. I have seen a couple of people complained about the lips and jaws areas rotting. But so far I have not have any problem myself.

For 1/6 scale, I think he is the best out there.
:lecture
i'd even say "for 1/6 he is the only option", so if you need 1/6 A2, you have no choice. all other choices are old super expensive inaccurate statues.

I wonder if giving the teeth a chrome paint and coating the mouth area with a clear silicone like what is used to seal windows would give it a slime effect/improve the look and possibly save the garbage rubber HT uses from it's inevitable decay?

I wonder if giving the teeth a chrome paint and coating the mouth area with a clear silicone like what is used to seal windows would give it a slime effect/improve the look and possibly save the garbage rubber HT uses from it's inevitable decay?

I have given the mouth area a mod podge treatment to protect it. So far so good.

Sounds like you were whelmed.

:lol

Been toying with the notion of hunting down an AVP Alien recently on account of their being HT's best (IMO). Only thing stopping me is the lack of certainty as to whether we'll get any other 2.0s on this front.

Seriously... there's no doubt that this one is the best looking one they've done. Though far from perfect. Unless you wanna pose the hell out of it of course, I would stay far away from the abomination that is AvP Alien design.

:lol

Been toying with the notion of hunting down an AVP Alien recently on account of their being HT's best (IMO). Only thing stopping me is the lack of certainty as to whether we'll get any other 2.0s on this front.

I'm gonna say that I think there is probably a 10-15% chance of ANY 2.0 alien/preds going to be released.

I'm gonna say that I think there is probably a 10-15% chance of ANY 2.0 alien/preds going to be released.

Agreed.
If I were a Vegas handicapper, I would say the odds of seeing v2.0 figures in the next few years run about:

-A brown version of their current 2.0 warrior = 7%
-Jungle Hunter v2.0 = 5%
-Big chap v2.0 = 2%
-Any Marine v2.0 = 0.50%
-Any 'lost' clan v2.0 = 0.025%
-Any AvP (grid or reg) = 0.0175%
-Dog v2.0 = 0.00875%
-AvP:R warrior = 0.00875%

Hey! Where did you get the other Aliens figures? The loader, Bishop and the marine? All Hot Toys brand are they?

They're not mine, but I can answer.
Bishop is a custom, the Power Loader and the Colonial Marine are Hot Toys, released some 10 years ago, I believe.

Back