1/6 Hot Toys - Aliens ALIEN Warrior 2.0 (2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait...what????? Far more basic? Luke comes with a blaster, a lightsaber, weapon belt, flight jacket over the existing flight suite, 9 extra hands and...oh...an extra head......

And by you this is considered MORE basic then this figure with it's two acid blood spatters? Where am I....Who are you people.....what is going on here??????

The SSC Luke figure is a stock buck with some clothes, a reused headsculpt and some reused accessories. The parts that are original they can probably reuse again at some point.

This is a figure with a unique buck, unique head - hell, unique everything - fully-sculpted and painted from head to toe that they can maybe squeeze a brown-tinted 'prop colours' repaint out of, and that's it.

Hard to believe we're now living in a world where SSC charge more than Hot Toys for a 1/6 humanoid figure :duh

Stupid question, but which one is the Alien Warrior again? It is the same as the one from the first movie?

From whom are you getting this information?

And 13.77 is a pretty specific number. I don't think that's random. Sounds like the proto has already been built.

Plus SSC has been very reliable when it comes to posting product dimensions.

Plus 13-14" is in line with the other Aliens. 16" would totally throw the others out of whack.

Plus they are probably just reusing the old cast from the originally released figure. Which was a 13-14" figure. No need to reinvent the wheel and make a whole new body.

I admit I haven't read through this thread so there may be contrary info posted and I could very easily be wrong.

Not my pics but this thing looks amazing!

ee4cc883ea9b51e6c7471075037ac501.jpg
a4d83866283032c5c7eb65e93e3ece08.jpg
d0a397e30decdd84f2d6b120038f53db.jpg
227b424cb3597569583d26166013d835.jpg
a4d5db9476571c8d8f3cf9ee7d730f75.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Stupid question, but which one is the Alien Warrior again? It is the same as the one from the first movie?

In terms of the canon the Warrior from Aliens (with the ribbed head) and the single Alien from the first film (with the smooth dome on his head) are supposed to be one and the same type of Alien. But there were some design changes for Aliens - removing said dome, a more insectoid look with added ribs and changes to the arms, hands and feet and I think even the tail has more prominent looking vertebrae running down it.

Not my pics but this thing looks amazing!

ee4cc883ea9b51e6c7471075037ac501.jpg
a4d83866283032c5c7eb65e93e3ece08.jpg
d0a397e30decdd84f2d6b120038f53db.jpg
227b424cb3597569583d26166013d835.jpg
a4d5db9476571c8d8f3cf9ee7d730f75.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

That has to be some type of rubber material like BR because I can't see 20 points of articulation coming from this :dunno

That has to be some type of rubber material like BR because I can't see 20 points of articulation coming from this :dunno

ankles (2), knees (2), thighs (2), waist, abs, wrist (2), elbow (2), shoulder (2), bottom neck, top neck, jaws, extenda-jaw, base of tail, articulated tail.

I counted these 20 -

Jaw
Inner Jaw
Head (where neck connects to base of head)
Neck (where neck connects to body)
Shoulders x2
Elbows x2
Wrists x2
Hands x2
Waist
Legs x2
Knees x2
Ankles x2
Tail

I'm hoping one of these is wrong (neck?) and we get an ab crunch instead. I'm also hoping most of them are ratcheted joints so they can hold a pose.

You list wrists and hands as separate points of articulation, but I don't think the hands will be "bendy" hands. I don't believe they were with Big Chap (where we got two separate sets of hands).

I counted these 20 -

Jaw
Inner Jaw
Head (where neck connects to base of head)
Neck (where neck connects to body)
Shoulders x2
Elbows x2
Wrists x2
Hands x2
Waist
Legs x2
Knees x2
Ankles x2
Tail

I'm hoping one of these is wrong (neck?) and we get an ab crunch instead. I'm also hoping most of them are ratcheted joints so they can hold a pose.

I see an ab crunch joint now that you mention it. I don't see too much leg articulation. Maybe around Captain America level when it should be Spidey level

The head will be awesome if it could tilt up, but I don't see it really it too much

You list wrists and hands as separate points of articulation, but I don't think the hands will be "bendy" hands. I don't believe they were with Big Chap (where we got two separate sets of hands).

You're right, I was going by how Big Chap was for the hands. I do like the bendy hands though, I hope these will be, although yeah, doesn't look like it. :(

I see an ab crunch joint now that you mention it. I don't see too much leg articulation. Maybe around Captain America level when it should be Spidey level

The head will be awesome if it could tilt up, but I don't see it really it too much

Yeah, even on the older ones I have, the head doesn't tilt back very far, mostly because of the vent tubes/spine on it's back. Maybe this one will be different.

I'm assuming they use the same basic skeletal structure that the Big Chap had. Meaning it wouldn't have the double hinged knees. There was also no ratcheting, though. I think the visible cut joint at the knee is cosmetic, also (meaning the rubber body covers the whole thing, which means reduced articulation), though I might be misremembering.

Big Chap might be my favorite figure - accurate or not it looks fantastic. So I'm looking forward to the Warrior!

Back