1/6 Hot Toys - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Ghost Rider Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The show's problem is there aren't a lot of merchandisable characters. I saw a website questioning how the hell we got Ghost Rider ahead of actual main characters like Daisy, Mockingbird, May or Fitz, and it seemed really obvious to me. Most of the main characters are just regular people in regular people clothing or if you're lucky, generic spy gear. Ghost Rider is arguably the only protagonist who actually has a cool superhero design that justifies making a toy of.

True but it is Shield so basically they are similar to Black Widow in outfit design. If they were in a big budget movie they would get made (Coulson, Hill, etc) but the TV audience is a bit smaller so all we get is GR in a limited run.

And who knows they could still get made

The show's problem is there aren't a lot of merchandisable characters. I saw a website questioning how the hell we got Ghost Rider ahead of actual main characters like Daisy, Mockingbird, May or Fitz, and it seemed really obvious to me. Most of the main characters are just regular people in regular people clothing or if you're lucky, generic spy gear. Ghost Rider is arguably the only protagonist who actually has a cool superhero design that justifies making a toy of.

You are probably right for the most part, even tho big fans don't care about that (my coulson HT figure is still one of my favorites). Quake/Daisy would be an easy sell tho, she is an awesome well developed character with actual powers and a perfect comic inspired real world looking super hero design with her quake suit. I can understand hot toys not making some of the others, but to not make her would be rediculous!

If anything I'd say Quake and Mockingbird are the only characters that'd be worth making. Especially given the history of the characters in the comics as well? Hawkeye/Mockingbird for the ****ing win! My favorite couple in all of comics.

It'd be easier if they didn't wear all black

It's actually the Greenlight 1/43 scale version 1970 doms charger from fast five, I looked at a bunch of different versions and that one looked the most like Robbie's to me.
I might think of getting a little charger for fun as well.

I saw a 1/6 rc of Brian's Eclipse & Supra though. Don't know if a 1/6 rc Charger for Toretto was made though.

why is his hands still human

Ya that was definitely an oversight when they picked Robbie's gloves for the show, they should have gone full leather with no skin showing :slap :lol Not a big deal tho, I don't remember ever noticing it on the show (they might have used effects to cover it) and I'm just gonna use some DX 10 leather gloved hands on mine. There is one that will hold the fireball and one that will hold the glowing chain, so I'm good there. Gloved hands are an easy fix, there are tons of versions out there that would work great with him, everything else about this figure looks perfect to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't get past those shoes. And they will never make his ride. I wish someone would make a good classic Johnny Blaze comics version.

I ordered this looks cool. I agree that a nice classic Johnny blaze would be great! I'd also like a Danny ketch

I can't get past those shoes. And they will never make his ride. I wish someone would make a good classic Johnny Blaze comics version.

The shoes fit the character perfectly, I was never a fan of the Johnny blaze look myself, I grew up with Danny ketch ghost rider and always preferred the spikes and hellfire chain, way cooler imo.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Wow, I'm surprised that this went faster than Armored Bats too. Sure, it's a new fig as opposed to a rehash, but maybe they're producing more Bats than GR

Yeah, had it been another Iron Man variant versus a DCU character that hasn't been released yet (someone from Suicide Squad, maybe) I bet you'd see the Iron Man taking longer to sell out.

lots on my mind and didnt Po in time, gahhhhhhh! cant get on WL with paypal ey? if so im screwed lol

lots on my mind and didnt Po in time, gahhhhhhh! cant get on WL with paypal ey? if so im screwed lol

I feel you man I'm so pissed I didn't PO this on time. The comics and are amazing and the look is spot on. Just go on the WL like I did and hope and pray.

Can't say I'm a fan of the way the flames on the head look, but I still wish I could get this guy.

Hopefully they rerelease it later with a Robbie Reyes head. It looks like he's on his way toward selling out, so they'd be dumb not to capitalize on it.

def be a bootleg reyes head before then as well i imagine also.

I feel you man I'm so pissed I didn't PO this on time. The comics and are amazing and the look is spot on. Just go on the WL like I did and hope and pray.

good luck with your WL!:)

Back