1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Gamora Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Gamora Collectible Figure

image.jpgimage.jpg
Still love Gamora, lovely headsculpt!

Finally with the announcement of Drax I just PO'ed Gamora from BBTS.
I have Groot and Rocket.
I doubt I'll find a reasonably priced Star Lord.

Okay...ordered Drax....should I pick this one up to complete the team while I still can? Still torn...not in "love" with what I've seem so far in pictures (although there have bee some good shots in here)...arrghh. I do like the idea of completing the team...just not 100% thrilled with this one,,,,

Okay...ordered Drax....should I pick this one up to complete the team while I still can?/QUOTE]

I was in the same situation as you were before Drax was even officially up for pre-order. I ordered her anyway and it was totally worth it. I just hope you don't have any issues with it. (The arms and eye paint application) Mine is fine except for a small peeling from her elbow. Nothing that little posing can't solve.

....and it doesn't look like her arms are splitting when bent.... :lol

My Gamora from BBTS just arrived!:yess:
I'll be taking pics later on.

Good review. Still not sure about this line. Loved the film, but don't think the Starlord HS is all that good and Rocket figure is bad. But thanks for the review, man.

I know the early verdict on Rocket was not great, but I think he turned out quite good!

It's interesting how this seems to work, though. Even the figures for which we have questions or concerns regarding likeness or costume, once they are on display and in context with each other they look awesome! For instance, I have the old SS Jabba set with Throne and ancillary characters. Among them are several Hasbro figures (Gamorean Guards [no pun intended], Lando, and even an old Boba Fett). Even they look INCREDIBLE by Jabba's side. I've never met a Hasbro piece that could hold a candle to just about anything HT produces, so whether its Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax, or even rocket....if you pull the trigger, they're gonna look GREAT together (especially with the masterpiece that is Groot standing over them all!).

Cheers!

I know the early verdict on Rocket was not great, but I think he turned out quite good!

It's interesting how this seems to work, though. Even the figures for which we have questions or concerns regarding likeness or costume, once they are on display and in context with each other they look awesome! For instance, I have the old SS Jabba set with Throne and ancillary characters. Among them are several Hasbro figures (Gamorean Guards [no pun intended], Lando, and even an old Boba Fett). Even they look INCREDIBLE by Jabba's side. I've never met a Hasbro piece that could hold a candle to just about anything HT produces, so whether its Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax, or even rocket....if you pull the trigger, they're gonna look GREAT together (especially with the masterpiece that is Groot standing over them all!).

Cheers!

couldn't agree more! even if you can find reasons to nitpick items or find fault... as a group, this collection looks amazing imho!
can't wait to add drax to my pic!! :yess:

couldn't agree more! even if you can find reasons to nitpick items or find fault... as a group, this collection looks amazing imho!
can't wait to add drax to my pic!! :yess:

:exactly: They look great together as a group and will look even better once Drax is added! :)

Great pic btw! :clap

Back