1/6 Hot Toys – MMS – Back to the Future Part II: Doc Brown Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesnt matter how iconic it is, hot toys have shown they dont care much for that. If they were to care, we would have seen the devo suit doc. I also disagree that the part3 one was the ugliest. The whitewall tyres and hood box made it look great imo. However, i agree you will never see HT release it cos they wont be releasing the hover one either. Its clearly going the way of the 60s batmobile, power loader and bvs batmobile. I dont see them ever releasing another vehicle and frankly, the price of the hover delorean would be considerably higher than what the part1 version was. Im actually curious how well the ecto 1 will sell considering the price of it

I don't think the hover version would be that much more. Certainly not the price of the Ecto-1 which is double what the first Hot Toys DeLorean was. I'm starting to doubt it'll release though too. Honestly I'd just prefer more figures though. Doc from the first film and Marty and Doc from the third film and I'd be happy.

Ecto1 is nearly 3 times the price of the 1st delorean. I would say that if it happened, the part2 delorean would be around $200 more than the first. In the uk it was up for around £500 to £600 so i guess the part 2 one would be around £700 to £800 easy. We've all seen a rise in the price of figures recently which could be another reason why we wont see ht releasing vehicles any time soon.

I too would like to see those same figures but i dont see it happening sadly.

Even $200 more would seem like a lot. The base vehicle is already there all they'd need to do is make the wheels be able to fold, add Mr. Fusion, and add some lights on the under side. I could see maybe $100 more for all that.

But yeah for me as much as I'd like a DeLorean to me the figures are the real attraction to this line. Vehicles just take up too much space.

I'm really hoping they make the part 2 Delorean.

I don't know if I should just buy the regular one and modify it myself or keep holding out and hope they make the part 2.

I'd take the version from the third film any day personally. I think they should have just made a trilogy version of the DeLorean and had interchangeable parts. It would have made way more sense.

Same here. The version on the big 1950s tires has always been my second favorite behind the hover version, as I just love the crazy melding of different eras (and the scene of it outrunning the Indians in the Old West is probably my favorite in the trilogy).

I liked it from the end with the train wheels. Plus the hood box is pretty cool. The white wall wheels are cool too.

I finally bit the bullet and ordered the Doc after viewing some video reviews. The sculpt viewed from straight on is terrible, in my opinion, it is strange and off putting but profile and three quarters view is more than acceptable the profile in particular is quite good if not excellent.

I still would rather they had made him wearing his white coveralls from the Twin Pines Mall scene but I fear this will be the only Doc that will ever be made by Hot Toys.

I'm not getting Future Marty. One Doc, one Marty and one Delorean are enough for me. I'm planning to pose them from the final scene from the first film.

Yup, great post...

I AM TOY review shows the possibilities of the sculpt from the side view....

But it’s just not that good....it’s a decent Christopher Lloyd....but just a serviceable Doc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like he mentions though Doc has that look quite a bit like he’s in awe. I can see it limiting posing options somewhat but it is pretty accurate.

Yeah HT greed is going to destroy the BTTF line

How much does anyone want to bet that they are going to do the same for BTTF 3 Marty..One cheesy 50’s cowboy Marty and another 1885 Cowboy Marty version :pfft:
Id be shocked if we even got a part 3 Marty.

Honestly these figures kind of were unexpected so never say never. I thought they might just do Marty and the DeLorean and be done. The fact that we’re getting a second Marty and a Doc at all makes me happy.

I would say we won’t see anymore after this...

Few more pics.
htKdICo.jpg

JZNkxPG.jpg

PqUpYnc.jpg

Man... It may be different in hand... but by the looks of these pics, they really missed the bar on this headsculpt. He looks terrified.

Back