1/6 Gonk Droid 3D printed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prometheum5

Freakzoid
Reaction score
prhi-gonk-power-droid-05.jpg

There's no good 1/6 scale Gonk Droid available besides the vintage styled GG one, so I decided to make my own. The whole figure (basides the wires on the feet) is 3D printed ABS plastic, including the ball jointed hips and ankles. I wrote up a whole thing about the process on my site, but I'll post some highlights below:

Prometheus Rising Heavy Industries 3D Printed Gonk Droid on Prometheus Rising Studios

prhi-gonk-power-droid-render.png

gonk-wip-04.jpg

prhi-gonk-power-droid-01.jpg

prhi-gonk-power-droid-03.jpg

prhi-gonk-power-droid-04.jpg

prhi-gonk-power-droid-09.jpg

prhi-gonk-power-droid-12.jpg

Some great work, there, Prometheum5. Also curious if these might be for sale, some time in the future. A lot of SW fans here would love to add a 1:6 Gonk Droid to their collections.

Hey guys,

Thanks for the nice words. I have to admit I really hadn't planned on selling any of these. I've got quite a lot of other projects on my plate, and my printer's time is mostly used up making my own original line of figures. I've also heard Lucas is pretty aggressive about their licenses, so that's not really something I'd like to get on the wrong side of.

shocktrooper_au- Do you have a link? I love Dorgmal's stuff.

Lincenses? Dude... :lol It aint Lucas it Disney now. Time to say, "It a Small World" and sell some if ya can by a weird name like "50's Power Up Plasmadroid Ranger Cyborg Whatchamacallit" ;)

Disney are nazis when it comes too licences, I know somebody who had their market stall closed and all their hand made wall hangings for sale ( Disney characters ) confiscated and I'm on the other side of the planet. Since you make your own line best stay away.
No link sorry but dorgs is on Facebook now, in the customs look for space marines and he links there. I have the 3d programme just haven't had a lot of time to try it looks complicated

Incredible. I would totally buy that.

Is ABS printing more detailed than frosted ultra detail??

That Gonk is fantastic!! :rock Excellent job!

I have an Imperial gonk droid one made by Dorg long ago

you could always give them away and we could donate money to you,dont you have a poor artist fund that you need donations for? and for our donations we get a free gonk droid kit?

Just saw the one you sent in to Tested!

Tested Mailbag: Gonk Gonk! - YouTube

Man I'd love one of these, it has so much character with the leg articulation.

Thanks! I'm glad the Tested guys enjoyed my little droid, I really love the work they do. I haven't let any others out into the wild yet, but I have been giving it some thought. Maybe over the holidays when I have some time...

I have a custom one but yours looks cool. If you do "release some into the Wild" let me know IMG_1389_zps7957180b.jpg

Back