1/6 Figures and the fear of breaking.......

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dont worry about it so much like other have said before they dont last for ever enjoy them while you can if you break something theres always quick fixes or replacement items on the bay :D

ahmmmmmm... no =S

Its bizarre what's happening to you about the figures. Enjoy them without fear of breaking them.. Besides, you have a lot of hot toys, and HT is one of the best out there!

Only one advice. Take special care on Medi Piccolo when you move his arms. Just htat.. and be happy =)

I guess it's ok to have OCD with your 1:6 figures' lifetime, because you spend your hard-earned money for them.. Just read the threads here for proper care of the 1:6 figures, and you should be good to go..

Just don't have a heart attack when one hits the ground by accident :) They are quite sturdy bro!

Yup, they are just toys. Enjoy them.:joy
oiexc0.jpg

This made me laugh so hard it brought tears to my eye. I totally agree with you JTR they are just toys. After breaking a few of my 'limited edition' bust, I got over the fear.

The only thing im feared of breaking is my Hot Toys batman, as if anything were to go wrong on the body underneath the suit I doubt I would be able to get to it!

I recently broke a wrist peg on a figure and I must admit it doesn't quite feel the same now, the integrity of it has gone a bit. I've glued it back on but it cant change poses etc. But it's no big deal, it would be worse if paint was chipped off or something.

Use common sense when dealing with them.. don't force anything and use a hair dryer when removing parts. just pay attention to how the parts move. :)

Amen. I echo Thrifty - just be careful and don't force anything. These aren't made of delicate glass or porcelain and are not that fragile. One tip is to familiarize yourself with the underlying figure and understanding where the joints/moving parts are, and what the limitations are. You'll be more confident in posing the figure and knowing you aren't moving something in the wrong way.

I don't know what the logic is behind saying "they're just toys"... sure it's not the end of the world if one breaks, but they're items you've spent hundreds of dollars on... I would be naturally protective of them too.

I don't know what the logic is behind saying "they're just toys"... sure it's not the end of the world if one breaks, but they're items you've spent hundreds of dollars on... I would be naturally protective of them too.

In the end they are just toys. Expensive toys, but toys none the less. Some of us aren't saying one should not be careful with them. However, if you're so paranoid you can't enjoy them what's the point in having them? If I had an expensive sports car I would want to drive it. It can't just sit in my garage. I'm going to be careful with it to some degree, but it's going to get nicks.

I can totally relate to you mate.

I use to have such phobia as well. I'm afraid to bent any of the arms or legs cause I was afraid that there might be creases on the clothing etc :lol

I still wash my hands before holding my figures though :lol

This board can make you paranoid about the longevity of these figures particularly the rubber ones or figures with rubber elements. You're constantly reading about the effects of dust, sunlight, excesses of heat, batteries leaking, things rubbing off things that they shouldn't, staining of bodies when they come into contact with things etc etc. And yeah theres the danger of paint coming off in a fall or accidental scrape against a wall or something. Such is life though. We all have to deal with it.

I always wish I could buy two of every figure I get 'just in case' but theres just no way and that is true of most people.

I've damaged that many figures I don't even flinch if it happens anymore , with all the fiddly little parts its bound to happen. You just have to be really careful and cross your fingers.

Back