1/6 Emperors Throne “Chair”

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what?!?!...so u start it from 0 again??!! dorgmal u have a 100% stamina and 100% spirit to make this done...cheers 4 yah...

Well its all gonna have to wait a bit got to much work to do and not enough hours in the day. Just wish I did not have to work. Then I would really get a move in. Hell I would build EVERYthing............

Dorgm
al

Right, after the ceremonial burning of the Palpatines Throne on my fire I had a re-think. The first one was a pile of pants, too big, wrong shape. I just did not like it.
Anyway I am having another bash. So no plans, just building it on the fly, and this MKII is better, not perfect, but better. It is nice to have a break from the other stuff but I am itching to get back on with the x-wing. But I do not want to abandon this, just because I am finding it a little tricky.

Dorgmal

throne4.jpg

Looks good. Thoses curves and angles are a trip. I'm still trying to fix mine without starting all over. But I think I'm going to have to.

I think after this is over I'm going to customize the speeder bike. I hope SS comes out with a biker scout. Hasbro's looks like he has a diaper on.

I think after this is over I'm going to customize the speeder bike. I hope SS comes out with a biker scout. Hasbro's looks like he has a diaper on.

lol, yeh a speederbike would be good. A chap asked me the other day if I would be up for making Obi Wans from the cartoon, but he has not sent me any images yet.

D

HEre are the pics of one I was working on. It seems like a simple project but the the curves mixed with angles are hard to get right.
throne1.jpg

throne3.jpg

throne5.jpg

I hope some day sideshow launched The Emperor Palpatine ( ROTJ ) PF
Sitting in his armchair.:rolleyes:

That looks really, really good foolkiller. :rock What's it made out of?

Underneath the basic frame was built from balsa and bass wood. Then I applied layers of Apoxie sculpt and super Sculpy to built up the surface. A heavy dose of sanding as well to fill in surface inperfections. You can actually see on some parts where I filled in spots that still need sanding.

Thanks. I pretty much abandoned it because of proportions being off.

Oww tell me about it, its such a difficult thing to build. My first one went on the fire. The angles and curves are so hard, but thats the fun of it. I think the top bit is gonna be even harder.....

Back