1/6 1/6 DIECAST Iron Man 2 WAR MACHINE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got this for around 370 USD when I was in Germany last november. Had no idea it was going this crazy! Probably because of Mark VI DC

and it seems like they did not make a ton of them. This and the CW War Machine were WL even before SS started shipping them out.

Anyone have a problem with their shoulder cannon not sitting flush. It's the side where you can swap out for the battle damage cover. Seems like the backside of mine won't sit flush.

Finally received the War Machine to go with the Mark 6.
4402ED2B-186F-4C3F-99BA-2FF7AB7039BF.jpgView attachment 401829

Felt really sick after selling this to another freak in this board. With prices being sky high (cheapest on EBAY is $750) and the other remaining sellers slowly increasing it more, I knew there's zero chance I'll get this back in my collection.

Then Ebay came through with a $100 discount + the seller accepting an offer of $620.00. $520 is a heck of a deal for this piece. I will never let it go again.

Felt really sick after selling this to another freak in this board. With prices being sky high (cheapest on EBAY is $750) and the other remaining sellers slowly increasing it more, I knew there's zero chance I'll get this back in my collection.

Then Ebay came through with a $100 discount + the seller accepting an offer of $620.00. $520 is a heck of a deal for this piece. I will never let it go again.

Man those prices are nuts. For that kinda of money I may sell one.

Yeah, but that one that's $750 has been there for a while now, AND it's used. Just because an asking price is high doesn't mean it's moving for that much. That custom Mk6 that's all wired up for $10,000 has been on eBay for years :lol

True. I was think the 620 number though. I have a couple so getting nearly twice what I paid would be nice.

Yeah, but that one that's $750 has been there for a while now, AND it's used. Just because an asking price is high doesn't mean it's moving for that much. That custom Mk6 that's all wired up for $10,000 has been on eBay for years [emoji38]
Very true, but with time, even fewer will be available and it will continue to increase in price likely.

Unless of course HT just rereleases. I wonder the odds of that happening.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

It will drop once the IW figure comes out I’m guessing. Some people will sell to upgrade. Very few of these stay 2x in value or more for then a couple years.

It will drop once the IW figure comes out I’m guessing. Some people will sell to upgrade. Very few of these stay 2x in value or more for then a couple years.
Maybe so, but I think people will upgrade from the civil war version before giving up the Mark I. Those that just have the Mark I I wouldn't bet on selling for IW version. Maybe some, but not to the point where it causes a drop in price for a "new" Mark I. We will see soon enough though.

Very true, but with time, even fewer will be available and it will continue to increase in price likely.

Unless of course HT just rereleases. I wonder the odds of that happening.

I feel like either one of you could be correct lol.

The "x-factor" for me though is that the WM Mk1 is such a great representation of the comic book WM. And from the start, he came out fully loaded and guns blazing. I feel the Mk1 adequately satisfies the "one-and-done" collectors, and there simply aren't nearly as many WM nuts as IM nuts. If you're getting WM, it's probably just to fill a "need" in the collection.

With IM, you have people ALWAYS upgrading to the newest armor. IM, whether we're talking about the comics or the MCU, is always evolving. I think upgrading his armors is one of Tony Starks defining traits, and it's something fans want to be a part of. You may have your favorite armor, but there is no the Iron Man armor. Not so much with WM. If you have the Mk1, you have the essence of WM.

Maybe so, but I think people will upgrade from the civil war version before giving up the Mark I. Those that just have the Mark I I wouldn't bet on selling for IW version. Maybe some, but not to the point where it causes a drop in price for a "new" Mark I. We will see soon enough though.

That’s entirely possible. Just basing it off past things like Hawkeye and fury and every iron man figure. Lol it’s entity possible the value stays this high. But the bubble almost always bursts. When people like me who generally don’t sell much see the price that high figures tend to hit the market, especially when new figures are coming. I normally wouldn’t sell, but when I can almost but the new iron man and the new war machine for the price of one figure im tempted. And I have multiples, and so do many others I’m sure, like the person who posted earlier that had 4. These things ain’t cheap so if you can swap one for two, or three depending on which ones...I’m betting some people will be tempted.

I’m not saying it will drop down below retail, as I don’t see that. But under 500 seems plausible.

Back