1/6 1/6 DIECAST Iron Man 2 WAR MACHINE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the new diecast WM is superior in almost every way, but the longer arms (and legs) does bother me.
12316268b.jpg
the two red lines are the same

I love the added bulk, and I am sure the longer limbs help with articulation, but the longer arms make it look a bit skinnier at the elbows, but I think it's really an issue of the arms being too long proportionately. The legs look fine in of themselves, but they had to make them longer too or the arms would hang way to low like a gorilla. Still looks gorilla like to me sometimes when I see it posed with arms out. The head is still the same size, so I don't think they adjusted the over all scale as much as changed the proportions.

Now with all that said, this is a nit pick, but when I was choosing between this one and the Mk3, I was factoring every little thing in when it came from choosing between the two. I almost went with this one because I have the die cast IM VI on preorder and I am sure they would look great together, but in the end I went with the other one; but it was a tough call and I am sure this is a wonderful figure to have in hand.

the longer arms make it look a bit skinnier at the elbows, but I think it's really an issue of the arms being too long proportionately.

In mirror: my arms fall more like the DC. It's just personal preference but I like the DC proportions better :dunno

Yeah, and if they used the short mk1 arms it would look odd. I'll throw them on the DC and take a picture later if you want. I doubt it will look anything but silly.

Yeah, and if they used the short mk1 arms it would look odd. I'll throw them on the DC and take a picture later if you want. I doubt it will look anything but silly.
Well, you can't switch the arms without switching the legs too- then you would essentially have the proportions of the plastic version because I don't think there is much difference in the length of the torso's

The films proportions if anyone is interested...

View attachment 305015

Well, I stand corrected. The proportions of the diecast look good compared to this..
12316268_1015319944.jpg

I think the joint around the elbow makes it look thinner and perhaps makes the arms look longer in terms of an optical illusion

The "skinny elbows" look fine live, imo. :)

I hate to knee jerk new figures, but this could easily be a Top 5 for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The "skinny elbows" look fine live, imo. :)

I hate to knee jerk new figures, but this could easily be a Top 5 for me.

I feel the same, too. My wife who got it for me for my birthday said that out of all the IM figures that I have had, that this was her favorite one.

my right hand pinky knuckle joint is stuck. also the face plate with the magnets and the mouth plastic piece fell off as I open the package. nothing krazy glue won't fix, but still... not something i want to see from a figure this price

There is a notable diff in quality from the original release. It's def an upgrade albeit a pricey one.

oh, how I wish the War Machine Mark 3 would start to ship someplace so we can start to get in hand pics and information on that one too - I need something to come out to make me feel good about picking that one over this one! :rotfl

In all seriousness, looks like a beautiful figure, wish I could have afforded them both on top of the other figures I am getting this year. Congrats to those who got one of these or have one on order on its way. I love seeing the pics and living vicariously through you.

I think you will be happy with the mk3. The wait sucks but I think it will be with it.

Should be arriving today for me. Can't wait to finally have a WM in my collection.

Personally, I think all of the War Machine Diecast are amazing. When all released...can't wait to have all 3 of these. Always a lot of diecast, great articulation and extremely well built.

The head is still the same size, so I don't think they adjusted the over all scale as much as changed the proportions.

Not sure about that. I've watched Budget Starks comparison video a few times now, and the scale certainly looks bigger overall (head, hands, feet, etc.). I'm waiting to get it in-hand to see for myself....

Not sure about that. I've watched Budget Starks comparison video a few times now, and the scale certainly looks bigger overall (head, hands, feet, etc.). I'm waiting to get it in-hand to see for myself....

Perhaps you are right. I think if you look a few comments down from the one you quoted of me you will find I later said, "I stand corrected". The proportions on the DC appear to be movie accurate.

I also think this is a little too big, although they do seem to be a slightly different scale when comparing the DC to the plastic figures (with the exception of the teeny weeny DC MK3). Hopefully the DC MKVI will be better scaled to this, cause this is certainly too big for the original MKVI's.

Not my photo, here's the 2 together.. Don't remember if this is from here or another site.

161012043606289097.jpg

Back