1/6 1/6 DIECAST Iron Man 2 WAR MACHINE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking consistency between the suits not real world realism. There's no way the 43 adds 5 inches in height over the 3. I understand this is not an issue for some, but scale is an issue for me. And I don't believe that the Mark III's height is screen accurate in comparison to the new diecast figures that are coming out (War Machine I, Mark IV, Mark VI) - those are all going to be significantly taller than the III and they shouldn't be if they were screen accurate.

But it is consistent... the mark 3 is short because later suit were designed taller

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark VI DC is set to be the same size as War Machine and the VI and III are the same size in Iron Man 3.

ironman3.jpg

won't belabor the point since this is a War Machine thread. We'll have to agree to disagree, but the new Mark VI is supposed to be as tall as shotgun. I can't have a hall of armor with the Mark VI towering over the Mark III like the picture belowDSC02215.jpg

As mentioned already, I really hope HT releases a proper scaled IM MkIII. As it currently stands, it's a no-no.

Let's see more pics of WM MkI! Still waiting for mine to ship.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I can get behind that. I recently put some battle damaged parts on him. Usually don't do that, but I love it on War Machine.

udGJxUj.jpg

IMG_6910.jpg

This suit is not supposed to be as big as the 4 or 45. The IM3 pic of the hoa really doesn't matter. Look here's the measurements of the stunt suit parts. The chest and cod come to 24x17x12 and the leg is 36x12x7. The suit on screen (cg) is clearly smaller when you look at scenes with rdj unhelmeted vs mk4,6,46. The practical suits are smaller. So, the figures should be smaller. And not by a small margin.

And here's the mk3 and Mk6 prac suits side by side at legacy. They where clearly intended to be different sizes.

IMG_6911.jpg

Last edited:
Playing devil's advocate, why does that mean we should just throw out the screenshot from IM3 where we clearly see the Mk3 is the same size? Because the evidence doesn't fit? I can see where you're going with your first picture. It has more of a form-fitting look vs a guy in football pads look.

But IMO that IM3 screen shot is clear evidence that they should be the same height. Because if it was supposed to be shorter, they would've intentionally made it shorter. We can see that the Mk1 is just few hairs shorter than the other armors, so if they purposefully did that for the Mk1, why not the Mk3?

In the pic the MK I is shorter than the rest. Either way I dont know if HT will make a MK 3.0 thats a little bigger, if they do ill buy it but Im staying away from the MK 3 we got.

In the pic the MK I is shorter than the rest. Either way I dont know if HT will make a MK 3.0 thats a little bigger but if they do ill buy it but Im staying away from the MK 3 we got.

Same here. At this point, its severely underscaled. No buy for me.

You do realize they touch up the stunt suits with special effects right? Anything that is preproduction isn't official. In Iron Man 3, you can clearly see the Mark III with the rest of the hall, and the suit is the same size. If you want to go by stunt pieces., the Mark IV doesn't have any armor on the legs. W1J27.jpg

I'm really not sure why the size issue is such a debate. The answer is simple.
The last couple of years, Hot Toys have been making some bigger figures, so older ones seem smaller.

I'm not sure if it's because some older figures were made slightly too small, or the newer ones are slightly too big.

All I know is Chris Reeve was 6'4", and the HT Batfleck towers over the HT CR Supes....

The size difference made me cancel this and the new mark vi, way too big and they will look out of scale with other figures. I hate when companies change scale!

View attachment 309133

This suit is not supposed to be as big as the 4 or 45. The IM3 pic of the hoa really doesn't matter. Look here's the measurements of the stunt suit parts. The chest and cod come to 24x17x12 and the leg is 36x12x7. The suit on screen (cg) is clearly smaller when you look at scenes with rdj unhelmeted vs mk4,6,46. The practical suits are smaller. So, the figures should be smaller. And not by a small margin.

And here's the mk3 and Mk6 prac suits side by side at legacy. They where clearly intended to be different sizes.

View attachment 309136

Yeah it looks like they messed up the size of that mark III in Iron Man 3. So I guess if people want a tall Mark III then Hot Toys will need to make a Mark III based off of Iron Man 3. But the current Mark III is correct for the movie Iron Man, as that one is clearly listed as 6' tall on wiki.

@ Stark Resilient and everyone else who poses their WM Mk 1 with the machine guns close to the forearms and not hanging down, THANK YOU

lolol. It burns my eyes to see those machine guns hanging when posed

@ Stark Resilient and everyone else who poses their WM Mk 1 with the machine guns close to the forearms and not hanging down, THANK YOU

Agreed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah it looks like they messed up the size of that mark III in Iron Man 3. So I guess if people want a tall Mark III then Hot Toys will need to make a Mark III based off of Iron Man 3. But the current Mark III is correct for the movie Iron Man, as that one is clearly listed as 6' tall on wiki.

If we're looking at the same wiki. Striker and Shotgun are also listed at 6ft. You see what striker looks like compared to Mark III in the earlier pic. There's no way the same man fits in both suits.

Which gets me back to this War Machine. The Mark II is also 6ft in the wiki. I have my unleashed Mark II next to the plastic War Machine, with Whiplash on the next shelf over, which looks really good size wise next to each other. I hesitated on this War Machine because it's significantly bigger and, to me, out of scale with those figures. It almost seems like the same height as Whiplash (btw anybody have both and can take a pic of how they look next to each other?)

You're welcome! Not quite sure why they tell you to drop them down, that's definitely not how it's done.

Also, I would love to see War Machine and Whiplash next to each other, too, if possible. I'm going in on the DC Mark VI and I'm considering getting Whiplash, too.

Back