1/6 DID/3R GM651 Field Marshal Erwin Rommel (North Africa)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last parts of the set I could use at the moment were the belt, holster and PPK, which I'd planned to keep for my Hiterjugend Standartenführer.

When DID does their assembly videos they make everything seem so easy.

Well, they can't be using the production figure. Just look at how big the gap in the buckle is and how easily the belt passes through it:

vlcsnap-2023-02-28-18h39m13s689.jpg
vlcsnap-2023-02-28-18h39m20s975.jpg

I struggled for ages trying to get the belt through. The gap is about half the width shown in the video and the only way to get it through is by force, so that the metal pins indent the surface. At each set of belt holes it's another struggle to pull the pins out without ripping the leather.

:gah:

It was exactly the same with the panzer commander, Jager.

Finally managed it, but I thought it was going to get wrecked.:

100_3648.JPG

Rommel's finished.

He has a poor selection of hands: a pair of bendy ones, which I've disliked since Dragon Models days; a right pointy finger and a left binocular gripper.

The left can hold the baton, but only cupped and braced by his side as the fingers are too far apart to grip it. The right pointy finger didn't work for me when testing, so I put his arm behind his back.

I was going to put Rommel on the next shelf along with the Hauptmann and photographer, but opted for the full group together for now:

View attachment 625735
Awesome display rommel looks really good.
You should try getting a spot where they can be more side by side or staggered around rommel I'm having this exact problem with my SPR figures, I'm just going to put them on a floating shelf either above my desktop PC or a TV not sure yet.

Awesome display rommel looks really good.
You should try getting a spot where they can be more side by side or staggered around rommel I'm having this exact problem with my SPR figures, I'm just going to put them on a floating shelf either above my desktop PC or a TV not sure yet.

They aren't in their final places yet, and I do need to work out how to arrange them. I just realised looking at the photo that the six behind Rommel all ended up accidentally arranged by headwear. :lol

Now with added staggering. :lol

100_3656.JPG

I'd kept the shelf next door empty to split them up, but I like them together showing off the variety of uniforms.

I've shifted the tropical Luftwaffe into the empty space next to them... until DID make some more Afrika Korps.

100_3666.JPG

I'd forgotten that Facepool have the DAK Stauffenberg (Tom Cruise) coming out. As General Staff Chief of Operations (1a) for 10. Panzerdivision he belongs more with Rommel than my 90. leichte guys.

So back to rearranging.

The space I allocated for WWII are the ten shelves in the middle, and possibly the one above next to the cowboys.

This is my current plan:

100_3673.JPG

The first empty shelf will be for DID and Facepool's regular Stauffenbergs, and the general staff figures made from their spares. Then Northern Europe; Italy; North Africa (Rommel sharing with Luftwaffe); 90. leichte DAK; SAS and Commandos in North Africa and Italy along with the empty shelf next to them; Burma (with outdated 1930s Japanese); possibly the Pacific if Facepool ever get going on their Marines; and the Red Army women (with one 1930s winter Chinese Nationalist).

100_3679.JPG

100_3686.JPG

100_3682.JPG
100_3683.JPG

100_3695.JPG
100_3691.JPG
100_3690.JPG

I'd forgotten that Facepool have the DAK Stauffenberg (Tom Cruise) coming out. As General Staff Chief of Operations (1a) for 10. Panzerdivision he belongs more with Rommel than my 90. leichte guys.

So back to rearranging.

The space I allocated for WWII are the ten shelves in the middle, and possibly the one above next to the cowboys.

This is my current plan:

View attachment 626031

The first empty shelf will be for DID and Facepool's regular Stauffenbergs, and the general staff figures made from their spares. Then Northern Europe; Italy; North Africa (Rommel sharing with Luftwaffe); 90. leichte DAK; SAS and Commandos in North Africa and Italy along with the empty shelf next to them; Burma (with outdated 1930s Japanese); possibly the Pacific if Facepool ever get going on their Marines; and the Red Army women (with one 1930s winter Chinese Nationalist).

View attachment 626032
View attachment 626033
View attachment 626034View attachment 626035
View attachment 626036View attachment 626037View attachment 626038
Daaang that's a mans collection right there! I hate watching collection videos everyones collection is diluted with Mando Star wars or Marvel, but this is what I love to see Military, Space suits and clint eastwood!

Back