1:6 Darth Vader 3D Laser Scan & Print Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to apologize, as I have a bit of bad news. People have been refunded and everything is put on hold, as Paul had to leave the project. I will try and find a solution, but I don't know when that will happen so please be patient while I try to work things out. Sorry to everyone who's been waiting, I know it's annoying and frustrating, but I will try to get things moving again as soon as possible and I will keep the list for when and if I start up again.

I am grateful to Paul for helping me out. I'm sad to see him go, but I understand and I wish him the best.

Sorry guys. I'll give an update as soon as I know more.

I have to apologize, as I have a bit of bad news. People have been refunded and everything is put on hold, as Paul had to leave the project. I will try and find a solution, but I don't know when that will happen so please be patient while I try to work things out. Sorry to everyone who's been waiting, I know it's annoying and frustrating, but I will try to get things moving again as soon as possible and I will keep the list for when and if I start up again.

I am grateful to Paul for helping me out. I'm sad to see him go, but I understand and I wish him the best.

Sorry guys. I'll give an update as soon as I know more.

Damn, sorry to hear that, Carsten. Your work is just too good not to reach more collectors, so hopefully you'll figure something else out. :)

Am in talks with someone who has offered to take over. I just need to conclude everything in a proper way first before I can move over. I'll post again when I know more.

I am really thankful that Cantina_Dude stepped up and offered to help me out. He's currently busy with his own runs, so while I wait for him to open up time for this project, I have made some improvements to a few of the models.

The face masks now sport already cut out teeth and chin vent, where you can just slot in and glue the separate grill model - also makes it easier to paint the grills and though it will be fragile when unassembled, it will be pretty solid and strong once the grill model is glued in. DO NOT glue in the grill model before you have painted it. I would recommend painting it black and then use a chrome pen or paint and lightly brush it on the top edges of the grills, sorta like dry-brushing. You then dull it down with a few washes of heavily thinned dark brown or black. We will still offer the solid version for those who want that.

Updated the tusk models to include 4 tusks instead of the previous 2 - in case the tusk on the face mask snaps off, as it is a fragile little piece and is prone to damage easily.

The 6 studs on the ANH belt boxes were altered so that the spikes pointed out instead of inwards - I know it will probably not show on the prints, but the inaccuracy was bothering me.

I also did a test where I closed the ANH boxes, so the back is no longer a separate piece - we'll do a test print to see if it can actually be printed like that and if that is a success I'll do it to the other movie versions. The hole should be big enough for any kind of belt to be slit through the opening. Hopefully. We will still offer the two-part version for those who want that.

Added a text on the back of the shins to make it easier to figure out which was right and which was left, and text inside the shoulder bell so it would be easy to know which curved side should be positioned up.

And Cantina_Dude fixed the ESB lightsaber, as there was a part included on the model that shouldn't be there.

Hopefully things will go well and within the next coming weeks Cantina_Dude will do some test prints to see how things work.

Awesome that someone has stepped up to continue this amazing project. Still can't wait to get this. So surprised we haven't seen many fully painted Vader parts on a fig from those who got the first sets of parts.

Good to hear more people will be able to get these!

I'm a slow customizer, I'm working on something else at the moment, and I just finished my ESB Vader end of last year, so I'm not sure when I'll get to my ANH. Perhaps as a summer project. :)

I am glad this is picking up again! Will you still be going with the existing list? If so that is great. If we need to express interest again then that works too.

I’m very interested in the Empire Strikes Back Vader set (I don’t think I previously expressed interest but would like to be added to any new list you are running please).

Thanks guys and for your patience. I'll keep you all updated on when things might start up again, but since Cantina_Dude has his own projects as well, things may move a little slowly, so hope you'll understand.

Bravomite, I've sent you a PM with the details. Let me know if you are still interested and I'll add you to the list.

Mike was able to do the first tests of the Vader parts. I have been working slowly on fixing some of the things he found and others have mentioned, such as the domes being too thin in places. Since I'm not a skilled 3D modeler I'm working really slowly and probably using methods people who know more would roll their eyes at, but they work for me. ANH dome thickness has been fixed, but I need to hear whether Mike gets waves on the surface of the dome, as I did when I printed my single resin print several months ago - Paul didn't get them, so I'm hoping Mike won't either.

That's it for the updates at this time.

I'm in need of some assistance. Can anyone take some caliper measurements of their HT chest armor, so we can scale our HT sized prints to that? Just the width from the top and front should do the trick. I can no longer find the measurements gathered back when Paul did the prints, so I need new ones to rescale everything.

Last edited:
Wow, I was just yesterday thinking there hadn't been an update to this project in a while - and boom there it is! Awesome to hear it's still on the move. Still super excited for this.

Mike are doing some new test prints soon to see if the errors were fixed and hopefully things will be up and running before too long.

In the meanwhile, I am offering up some of the older prototype prints that I had made at a professional printing company. These are different from the ones offered in the run - they are solid and heavy and from earlier versions. Check 'em out and hope there's something you might find interesting:

For Sale - 1:6 Scale Star Wars Prints Sale

Back