Action Figure 1/6 Custom THX-1138 Detention Officer Figure - FINAL with new head

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: THX-1138 Custom Detention Officer by Tinister: New Versions Coming Soon

Damn i seriously cant wait to own one of your art piece mate!

When I made the original head 10 years ago - I didn't have nearly as much reference material as I do now. So I decided to make a whole new head that looks more faithful to the movie. The pupils look weird in these unpainted pics, but once chromed - they should look pretty good. That's the hard thing about sculpting this face - it tends to look completely different when in the clay form.

thx_revised4.jpg

This is the new head all cleaned up and primed. Notice that the face area extends farther out from the head more than natural. If you watch the movie carefully - you'll notice that this is the case since the masks didn't all fit perfectly over each actor's faces. They tried to compensate by making the necks wide. This added to the creepiness in my opinion, and I wanted to capture that.

Note the groove on the forehead. That allows the helmet to stay in place rather than slide around. I originally wanted the helmet to be removable, but the issue is that the helmet would constantly wear out the chrome finish over a short amount of time - even if I padded the interior of the helmet. And I couldn't have too much padding or I'd have to make the helmets a little bigger. I didn't want to do that since the size of the helmet to the heads in the movie is important. So I decided against a removable helmet since in the original cut - you never really see an officer without his helmet.

thx_revised5.jpg

Last edited:

Here's the new head chromed. Definitely looks closer to the movie than my original head. Also has more of that passive but menacing quality.

thx_revised6.jpg

Re: 1/6 Custom THX-1138 Detention Officer Figure by Tinister

Thanks Abake! I'm really happy with the new head. Completely transforms the figure.

thx_revised8.jpg

thx_revised7.jpg

My camera has really bad lens distortion so the head looks a little big in those full profile pics.

Thanks Sparkstron73. Unfortunately - the chrome finish is now oxidizing - which I was anticipating, but hoping that it wouldn't. The mirror finish is clouding up and minute wrinkles are showing up on the surface. So I'm trying another technique that won't be quite so mirror shiny, but will at least be stable so I can control the look of the head. I don't want the buyer to discover after a couple weeks that the head has completely transformed.

I myself am not a big fan of the mirror finish anyways as it obscures details on a head this tiny. Makes the details vague.

Will post new pics soon.

Vialli: This character is from a movie George Lucas made before he get famous for his Star Wars movies:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066434/?ref_=nv_sr_1

This is the new paint finish on the THX head. Not the mirror finish like before, but much more stable and durable. And it doesn't obscure the details like the chrome mirror finish - especially around the eyes. It looks more scaled in my opinion. The mirror finish looks toyish. The enhanced details with this new finish makes the face more menacing.

I also altered the cowling sides of the helmet so that it covers more of the sides of the head (and at an angle) - and is more padded (noticeable from the front profile). Again - to be more accurate to the movie helmets.
It's tough because like with Alien - the helmets used in the movie weren't all the same. It was a relatively low budget movie - so they had to use what they could find. So I just went with the ones I thought looked the coolest.

thx_revised12.jpg

Last edited:
I also updated the shoulders on the suit to be more streamlined like the movie suit. There were huge piping detail on the original shoulders that didn't look very scaled - I did away with the piping and extended the shoulder flaps down more on the upper arm. It gives the shoulders a more police feel. I also added leather knee reinforcing patches to the pants.

thx_revised14.jpg

thx_revised10.jpg

Thanks Abake! All I have to do now is wait for the box to arrive, customize it, and then he's ready to go out.

Shame I liked the polished mirror look but still looks excellent.
Have you thought about doing the bike?
Don't know what the base bike is as havn't asked but theres a guy selling thx1138 officer sculpts on ebay and he's made the bikes aswell, they look really nice.
Don't want to hijack your thread or put his links up but thought you might like to see his?

Back