Action Figure 1/6 Custom THX-1138 Detention Officer Figure - FINAL with new head

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: THX1138 Detention Officer

It's funny but when my family came here from Vietnam - my childhood image of movies was filled by images from two Lucas films: "Star Wars" and "THX1138". I didn't find out til much later that Lucas directed both.

I don't like the new added THX scenes though. Some worked really well, but the ones that didn't were pretty bad.

Thanks for the complements on the box. It's definitely retro - Mego style. :)
Certainly two good places to begin your point of reference. :wink1:

Yeah, some of the new THX scenes are a little so-so, but overall it's still pretty good.

It's a shame there aren't any custom heads of a young Robert Duvall getting around, otherwise you could have the perfect duo - hunter & the hunted! :cool:

Certainly two good places to begin your point of reference. :wink1:

Yeah, some of the new THX scenes are a little so-so, but overall it's still pretty good.

It's a shame there aren't any custom heads of a young Robert Duvall getting around, otherwise you could have the perfect duo - hunter & the hunted! :cool:

Oh yeah. I've planning for years to make a custom Duvall HS. Not just to go with this THX figure. I'm a HUGE Duvall fan. I'd use it for "Apocalypse Now", "Lonseome Dove" and "Godfather" - just to name a few.

You could also potentially use the cop outfit from the HT T-1000, to make a custom Officer Bob Hodges from "Colors" too. :wink1:

Re: THX1138 Detention Officer: New Versions Coming Soon

I haven't updated this thread in a long long time. I recently found some old pics of the first generation of officers I made. These were posted on another forum. I'm scheduled to do a small run of these after Dredd, Anderson, and Kane. So I figured I'd upload these old pics to revive this thread.

The new version will use the same patterns, but will be more movie accurate since at the time these were originally made -I had very little reference materials. Now - I've got more sources.
I'll set up an interest thread when I'm ready to start the run.

Here are the first generation pics:

thx1.jpg
thx2.jpg
thx3.jpg

thx4.jpg
thx5.jpg
thx6.jpg

thx7.jpg
thx8.jpg
thx9.jpg
thx10.jpg

Also: Can a moderator please move this thread to the customs section? Thanks!

Thanks abake! These were built on Medicom bodies that i elongated at the thigh and upper arm areas to give them the creepy lanky tall look. The new version will likely be updated to taller bodies which I would have to still alter the limbs to be lanky, but at least they would be taller. Look for these around the late Aug early September window - unless I manage to get Dredd, Anderson, and Kane out of the way sooner.

Re: THX-1138 Custom Detention Officer by Tinister: New Versions Coming Soon

Hey guys. I just wanted to let everyone who has been following this thread know that I will be putting the THX Officer figure shown in the pictures below up for sale. If you are unfamiliar with my trials lately - the short of it is that I need to raise some money to help pay for some medical bills.

The figure for sale is the exact one below. It is the prototype. I made a handful of duplicates for sale years ago. And I may end up making a new version down the line, but that may be way down the line.

This is the one original surviving prototypes that I've always meant to keep for myself. Truly one of a kind.

He will come in a nice custom box (not the box shown earlier in theis thread (that was just a conceptual rendering), but a nice box in its own right. And will include a certificate authenticating that it is a genuine one of a kind prototype from yours truly.

I will create a sales thread for it very soon. Stay tuned.

Tin

thx1.jpg
thx2.jpg
thx3.jpg

thx4.jpg
thx5.jpg
thx6.jpg

thx7.jpg

Such a shame that you have to let go of this amazing figure!
Here's hoping that all goes well.

Thanks Abake :)

I'm happy to announce that I've found a new home for the THX Officer. I will post pictures of the final figure with display box presentation in about 2 weeks. I had to special order both the box for this guy and Kane - as they both require different sizes from the DREDD box.

Thanks everyone. Tin

Glad you found a good home for him and congrats to the new owner, amazing figure.
Love that film and the officers are so oppresive.The creepey, sinister, fake concern in the voice, with the blank expression and police natziesk looking uniform really is disturbing.
Best thing george lucas made, way ahead of its time and influentional and still relevant today, maybe more so.

Thanks sparkstron. THX - along with Star Wars was the two American movies that captured my imagination when I first came to the US as a child. So despite the disappointment I have with George Lucas's recent works; I still hold him dear to me as a filmmaker because of these two movies.

Yeah both classics and lucas disapointed alot of people.
So did ridley scott but everyone makes mistakes:)

Since the THX Officer Prototype is coming on 10 years old now - I decided to update a few things on it for the buyer. I updated the headsculpt to have a stronger chin and I've used a chrome process that wasn't available to me 10 years ago. The end result is a much more reflective than regular silver or platinum. And has a very clean mirror finish.

I also updated the helmet to be more shiny. And I updated the boots a bit and made it more glossy to balance out with the shinier head and helmet.

I'll post pics of the final figure soon. The chrome takes a long time to cure properly.

thx_revised3.jpg

Back