1/6 custom pilots

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys, I am pretty happy with it. The more I look at it, I still may need to do something with the vest. Thats an easy fix though.

Great work on the Snowspeeder Pilot Luke. I've been searching for the coat for a while. Did you use Ponda Baba's or make one? Either way, it looks great.

Great work on the Snowspeeder Pilot Luke. I've been searching for the coat for a while. Did you use Ponda Baba's or make one? Either way, it looks great.

thanks. luke's jacket was made from a ww2 american field jacket. made the collar out of fabric, glued fabric ribbon down the sleeves and painted orange.

Oh. Good idea. I've been trying to find a military/coast guard type jacket for it, but I'm feeling, as you did, it's easier to simply make one. Again, great job.

Well, its been a few months so I thought I would bump this thread. :D

I never was really happy with my previous attempt at doing an A-Wing pilot so I decided to have another go at it. It is amazing what I thought looked good six months ago. :D

Anyways, here is what I have sculpted so far. The dark marks are where things got a little hot, but it will sand off easily.

awing22.jpg

awing20.jpg

awing21.jpg

awing23.jpg

I am totally redoing the outfit as well. Its actually quite fun revisiting something that you havent messed with for a few months. I guess I am kind of on a ROTJ kick at the moment.

So great to rework older project and revive stuff. I love the A-Wing and I am definitely gonna get back into the pilots Chris.

Helm rework looks GREAT

Chris, I'm glad you blew the dust off of this thread. It has been one of my all time favorites. I would love to see people add some new projects here.:yess:

BTW, the A-Wing redux is looking very cool. Keep the pics coming. Nice work my friend.

Thanks guys. I am on a pilot kick again. With Mark's Sullustian head looking to be available now, Nein and Ten Tunb are on my todo list. :D

I figured I needed to get him done before I head back to Jabba's palace and more skiff guards. :D

I still need to add more bits to the vest and finish painting the helmet. He is coming along though, I added a few bits to the sides of the helmet that I pulled from a Tomy AT-AT Driver helmet.

aw2.jpg

aw1.jpg

I was fortunate enough to get a package today from the North Pole......eerrr I mean the Snow Corp. today. Inside....Numb heads!!!:yess:

I decided to do Ten Numb first:

ten1.jpg

ten3.jpg

I didnt like how the neck made the head stick out so far, I know these were casted from refridgerator magnets. For those of you that have these, you will know what I am talking about. I decided to dremmel off the neck an sculpy in the back of the head and glue the head to the body. Here is my progress so far..
ten2.jpg

I still need to finish sculpting the back of the head, but I like the looks so far. I am really looking forward to finish painting on this guy, its a great cast!!

Mark, thanks again so much for the casts, its super my friend. This guy is going to look great next to my other pilots. Much appreciated, cheers mate!! :D

Chris

looking good so far chak! got one of these coming from mark as well.what are you going to use for the jumpsuit?

looking good so far chak! got one of these coming from mark as well.what are you going to use for the jumpsuit?

Thanks. I plan on using the Hasbro orange jumpsuit. I plan on painting it white and making the collar myself.

I am really looking forward to putting those chestboxes you sent me to good use. Thanks again!!!

Chris

Thanks Bidu!!

I started working on the outfit today... LOTS of work to do on this guy. WIP picture...

ten11.jpg

ten12.jpg

Ryan, chestboxes are great!!

Looking amazing, Chakaman! For some reason I keep thinking he needs one of those 40's style pencil stashes.

Back