1/6 Chewbacca... not yet.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1/6 Chewbacca!!!

There ya go, see. It happens to every single child.

True but it didn't start a star wars phase :lol it was honestly the only thing they had that seemed interesting. It was that or dances with wolves :slap :lol what would you have choses at that age? "laser swords and spaceships" or Indians? :lol

My star wars craze didnt start until I was a teenager

And not every child watches it, my parents haven't seen them and neither have many if not most of my closest friends

But I get your point :)

Hey Total, maybe change the thread title. Or at least add a question mark instead of all those goddam teasing exclamation marks. The adrenalin flows through my veins still while my arteries carry only disappointment.

Kill ewoks and prevent cancer. That's time well spent.

Re: 1/6 Chewbacca!!! Or is it?!?

Changed the title to be less certain... I'm still hopeful its a 1/6 figure. But if it is a PF and sculpted that does not bode well for any advancements being made in a 1/6 figure. If they don't go for realism in 1/4 I can't imagine they would in 1/6 :huh'

I think we may be making our own Chewies :lecture

I'd guess we'd be back into the $150+ range for a fully sculpted Chewbacca. Personally I just don't think I'd be interested; especially with how nice of one you can make for a lot less.

I've always thought the Gentle Giant bust was very cool looking because of how they sculpted the hair. But, that just wouldn't work in 1/6 so I don't know how Sideshow could convincingly pull off one of the most important characters like this and still be poseable.

review_ggchewie_6.jpg

I think as a statue it could work, might be a bit dissapointing, but it could work. But as a figure I'm less certain.

You're right. I don't want a sculpted Chewbacca at all.

Somebody please figure this ____ out. :pray:

Damn, that was the easiest win ever :lol

BTW, seems it is a PF; someone on facebook noticed that the Sideshow link takes you to a page with this information in the address:

PreConAlert_061412_ChewbeccaPF&utm

So, 1/4 rejoice... the rest of us can wallow in our own self pity :monkey2

No, since it's a PF, my hope is renewed. So long as we don't have a sculpted 1:6 announcement, there's still a chance that (if we get him at all) he'll have fur.

A statue doesn't need fur because it doesn't move. An action figure has to move. It's fur or nothing.

If Sideshow can't, maybe Hot Toys can. If Hot Toys can't, there's Enterbay.

Damn, that was the easiest win ever :lol

I know when I'm beat. :lol

It looks like it is a 1:6 per the clues on the site:

Clue #1
"not to be confused with the bronzed celebrities.."this tells me it is not a statue

Clue#2
"a walking carpet?" (tells me it has articulation)

What else could it be but a 1:6 articulated "walking carpet" figure.

See my post above Starshark... unless they mislabled their link its a PF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back