1/6 Chewbacca... not yet.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1/6 Chewbacca!!!

1/6th furry chewie...........:pray:

and aww crap if it is.........:gah:

Good that they're doing the PF because I still believe that once something gets PF'd it's just a matter of time before we get the 1/6th version.

Anyway, any Chewie is welcome. That said, I don't do statues.

I hope its a PF because I would really like for HT to do the 1/6 chewie since they have dabbled in actual hair on a figure and would probably do a better job.

Seems at the very least Sideshow has talked more about a PF coming so that's my guess. But still possible it's 1/6... at least that's my hope.

SOUND'S like the majority think this is a premium format if is sick of waiting and will pick up KOTOBUKYIA 'S 1/6 statue version...

hope so!

292219_10150924154344145_307145261_n.jpg

I hope its not a sculpt!!!!! but from that teaser the neck area does look sculpted:(

:lecture

Although a 1/6 figure would be cooler. People have been begging for one for years.

Primarily because a 1/6 Chewbacca with fur would be a technological and artistic breakthrough, whereas a sculpted Chewbacca statue would be a same ol' same 'ol upgrade to all the models etc that have come before.

It just seems they should have gone the extra couple of miles and done a real furred statue. The thing is static, a fraction of the complexity of figuring out an articulated (and much smaller) furred 1/6 Chewy. I think a sculpted fur Chewy would have worked for the PF line a few years back, but not in the days of an articulated PF C-3PO.

A real fur Chewy would have gotten me into the PF line (Threepio and Artoo still might,) but a sculpted fur Chewy is an easy pass.

Wouldn't it be funny if it was a 1:6 Chewie, and the thread was started by TotalDominAsian, who saw Star Wars for the first time yesterday. :lol

I really doubt this is 1:6. Ergo, me no care. :sleep

Wouldn't it be funny if it was a 1:6 Chewie, and the thread was started by TotalDominAsian, who saw Star Wars for the first time yesterday. :lol

Lol! I just spit out my pacifier!!!
I'm pretty sure I was born after Burton's Batman film.

Regardless... Star Wars was my first love. As much as I love Christopher Nolan and his movies... only Star Wars can compel me to buy a ton of background characters, some of whom aren't even in the films! (Captain Rex, Greedo, Boil & Waxer, etc.) Whenever my friends and I go out... we don't call shotgun... we call Chewie! :)

Lol! I just spit out my pacifier!!!
I'm pretty sure I was born after Burton's Batman film.

Regardless... Star Wars was my first love. As much as I love Christopher Nolan and his movies... only Star Wars can compel me to buy a ton of background characters, some of whom aren't even in the films! (Captain Rex, Greedo, Boil & Waxer, etc.) Whenever my friends and I go out... we don't call shotgun... we call Chewie! :)

I will forgive most of that but Greedo a background character? GREEDO??? He was clearly shot in the foreground and is an essential character showing that Han Solo is a cheater.

Looks sculpted. Most likely PF. Bummer was some excited when seeing the title.

Though I have nothing against PFs, as Evilface might say, "Who would want a wrong scale Chewie?" :lol

Is that true? What is he, five?

:lol

We weren't a born when the original Star Wars was shown in theatres for the first time

Don't have to see it when it came out, but I pretty much figured everyone kid at about five gets to see Star Wars on TV and starts their whole Star Wars phase...

so how old were you when you first saw it?

Don't have to see it when it came out, but I pretty much figured everyone kid at about five gets to see Star Wars on TV and starts their whole Star Wars phase...

so how old were you when you first saw it?

I'd say I was about 5 or 6. Saw it on VHS at a family friend's house who was watching my brother and I. It didn't start a phase for me though. I admit that I wanted and got a 3.75" Jedi Luke from whatever toy line was going on for SW in the early 90's. But it didn't stick, not like transformers or DC/Marvel characters did. but now SW tops just about everything accept for Superman, Transformers and maybe Lord of the Rings in terms of favorites. In terms of collectibles, Star Wars rules each display case since I have too many transformers to even display.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back