1/6 B'omarr Monk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's another B'omarr update...

I sculpted detailing on copper pipe fittings serving as the neck stem with magic sculpt as well a "cap" for the brain bowl.The clear ball was painted where the magic sculpt was applied so they could be seperated with out seriously damaging it.
DSC00269.jpg

I found that panty hose was the ideal fabric to use to wrap around the abdomen.It's stretchy & by using pieces of the legs,there are no seams on the sides.
I drilled a hole in the top of the dowel that is the core of the abdomen, tucked & glued a few layered pieces into it.Pulled them over the wooden frame then tied & trimmed the excess within the notched that I cut at the peg part that fits in the body.
When it comes time to painting,I'll apply a few coats to firm it up as well as eliminate what transparency there is.
DSC00275.jpg

wow, that is looking more impressive with every new update.

Yea thats the 3 3/4" figure, the first version came with pink liquid that was accurate, and the latter one came with blue. i think they changed it for the second release since the first was a mail away or fanclub only thing.

Ok.It's been a while since the last B'omarr update due to me getting a little distracted with other project ventures.So,I used what free time I had to give him a little attention.

Using the hasbro figure as reference I sculpted the 2nd upper knuckle joints of all 6 legs & the coupling looking thingies in the middle portion of the lower front & back legs.As I mentioned...a "little" attention but still some progress,lol.
DSC00311.jpg

There are still the pistons that go connect to the middle of the upper angled portion to the top lower straight leg portion.After that,a little mechanical detailing,then sculpt the brain,& then I can paint this sucker up.:D

I'm speechless. This it a piece of art! I can't wait to see it complete!

Yay! Finally an update!

Looks good to me... next you should build Jabba's palace gates in 1/6 to recreat the scene where Luke walks into the palace... (the doors would probably only be like 4 feet tall :D)

Yay! Finally an update!

Looks good to me... next you should build Jabba's palace gates in 1/6 to recreat the scene where Luke walks into the palace... (the doors would probably only be like 4 feet tall :D)

Yep.It has been a while since I've worked on him.

As far as jabba's palace door,I don't think I would want to take something like that on anytime soon,I have enough unfinished projects as is,lol.
Maybe one of the diorama guys here would be up to the task.
Now I have however thought about a small portion of the door as an enviroment backdrop(like the Carbonite Han)with the doorknocker droid.I've always thought that guy would be cool to do in 1/6

Back