1/6 Batman: TAS figures coming from Mondo...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where the hell is Robin!?!?!?
Unfortunately, there’s no point making a Robin until they put out a proper Batman. If they make Robin properly scaled to the rest of the figures he’ll be as tall as the original Batman they made. If they scale him to Batman, he’ll be tiny.

I guess if you just want Batman and Robin it would be fine. It just feels like they’re stuck.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, there’s no point making a Robin until they put out a proper Batman. If they make Robin properly scaled to the rest of the figures he’ll be as tall as the original Batman they made. If they scale him to Batman, he’ll be tiny.

I guess if you just want Batman and Robin it would be fine. It just feels like they’re stuck.
Batman is short but I think the second release of Batman would work if Robin is the same height as Harley:
1713594210068.png
1713594247891.png

Pic by

AlanJG1

Tomorrow a new villain is entering the ring and Gotham City...

Introducing our newest figure in the BATMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES 1/6 scale line... the mighty Bane! Standing over 13” tall, this massive assassin comes complete with swappable portraits and hands (and some iron to stay up on his gains, of course).

Just like our other recent BTAS figures, Bane will be available as both a Regular Edition and a deluxe Timed Edition. On sale for just six days, the Timed Edition includes exclusive extras from the show like his Unmasked Portrait and Mask Accessory, plus the Venom Overdose Upper Torso, Portrait and Hands.
Both editions drop Tuesday, April 23 at NOON CT at MondoShop.com. (Timed Edition ends Monday, April 29 at NOON CT.)

Free shipping to the United States, Canada, UK and the EU. Payment plans are available.

See more at Mondo News (link in bio).

2uDTBBh.jpeg
WHJXelC.jpeg
Yv45qpx.jpeg
UdqEG01.jpeg
7YSsEQX.jpeg
SOn3FFj.jpeg

Thanks for posting!

I think this looks pretty cool, but unfortunately I don't like him as much as I hoped I would.
I was particularly interested in the venom overload look, but specifically combined with the angry face. It's a bummer they didn't include a shot of that combination, assuming it's even possible to do.

I did a quick mock-up on my phone (though the angle of the head is not right):
20240422_215711.jpg

Still a great release overall, I assume many of you are getting it?

I was not a fan of the cel-shading on the first several releases and passed on all of them because of that. When Man-Bat was revealed, I thought, wow, I would like to grab that one! ...And then they made the wings and the coolest head sculpts part of the "timed exclusive." Same thing with the unmasked portrait on Phantasm, which was the major selling point for me. The "collectible" aspect of this hobby is something I could give less than a crap about. I do not want to have to stress in order to own toys. I am not waking up early, setting alarms, etc. Ain't happening. So, it's very disappointing when companies like Mondo use those scarcity tactics to force sales and panic buyers. Many of us have day jobs and can't spend the morning refreshing a browser for the "chance" to give our money away. *rant over*

Also... why is Bane the one they chose next? He has one episode, and a not well-liked episode at that. He's one of the few misses that BTAS made in general. I mean, I guess it's cool for people who are hardcore fans of this character, but... Two-Face, Ivy, Mad Hatter and Clayface are all so much bigger to the lore of BTAS and still considered the gold-standard for outside-the-comics adaptations. How does Mondo pick their line-up?

Last edited:
Also... why is Bane the one they chose next? He has one episode, and a not well-liked episode at that. He's one of the few misses that BTAS made in general. I mean, I guess it's cool for people who are hardcore fans of this character, but... Two-Face, Ivy, Mad Hatter and Clayface are all so much bigger to the lore of BTAS and still considered the gold-standard for outside-the-comics adaptations. How does Mondo pick their line-up?
Their line up changed since we saw the layoffs and getting bought out by Funko so no one really knows. Bane was teased last year so he was to be expected but the other characters they teased was for the X-Men and 90s Spider-Man line. We don't know who's next. I'm all for them doing niche characters since most companies wouldn't even give them a consideration to begin with. Most companies would give you just Batman and Joker before calling it a day. I am hoping that the next character is a more major one though. Robin, Batgirl, Two-Face, Ivy or Clayface would be great. I'm all for whatever they do if it means they continue making these. They have a quick release turnaround time as well compared to your usual figures.

Looks fantastic!
8nru3l.gif

What's funny is in the cartoon they never actually let him finish that move, to give us the classic moment.
They really chumped him, would have made for a great arc with Batman "broken" for a few eps, yet they were only doing one-off stories.

Last edited:
Man… Bane looks so cool, but I don’t think I want to go down this rabbit hole of Batman the animated series. I think it stops at Man bat for me. It already looks like a pain in the a$$ with getting the figure to stand properly and not topple over with him looking top heavy 😆

I don’t know. I just been feeling like everything doesn’t translate well in 1/6 scale lol

Batman redux is back and up for preorder at Mondo.
After the flawed one I got and them not sending a replacement to Canada, I'm waiting on SSR to make one. I loved this Batman fig but too many flaws and Mondo service was garbage in regards to fixing the problem. Lost about 100 dollars in import charges because I had to send him back and they had no replacements at the time. Never again with Mondo as they have too many QC issues

When Man-Bat was revealed, I thought, wow, I would like to grab that one! ...And then they made the wings and the coolest head sculpts part of the "timed exclusive." Same thing with the unmasked portrait on Phantasm, which was the major selling point for me. The "collectible" aspect of this hobby is something I could give less than a crap about. I do not want to have to stress in order to own toys. I am not waking up early, setting alarms, etc. Ain't happening. So, it's very disappointing when companies like Mondo use those scarcity tactics to force sales and panic buyers. Many of us have day jobs and can't spend the morning refreshing a browser for the "chance" to give our money away. *rant over*
While that's true for their posters and some of their vinyl releases, the timed exclusives are available for preorder for a set period of time (the timed exclusives for both Phantasm and Bane were/are available for 6 days). The final production numbers are based on the preorders received, so there's no rush to get in immediately. I actually find it much better than their usual limited quantity release since I have time to actually think about the decision before placing a preorder.

They stated in their live talk yesterday that Bane is just an appetizer for what’s to come. Said BTAS fans are going to be eating good this year. Excited to see what characters they do.

They stated in their live talk yesterday that Bane is just an appetizer for what’s to come. Said BTAS fans are going to be eating good this year. Excited to see what characters they do.
The only unfortunate thing was Peter’s seeming distancing from the previously teased Beyond figure. The way he lumped it in with TNBA’s animation style (while not really untrue) made it seem like, if we were to get it, it’s a good while away.

The only unfortunate thing was Peter’s seeming distancing from the previously teased Beyond figure. The way he lumped it in with TNBA’s animation style (while not really untrue) made it seem like, if we were to get it, it’s a good while away.
Yeah I noticed that. I'm guessing it's not something they're not looking into just yet since they're focusing on BTAS, X-Men and 90s Spider-Man. He said they more or less have a list that they're going through on characters they need to do. I'm just hoping they consider it once they think BTAS is done with.

Back