1/6 ArtFigures Heavy Armoured Cop

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3fGrbyL.jpg

Just took a few pics of my Dredd this morning. He's wearing a customised epoch cop helmet as I think it's a lot closer to the actual movie helmet.

8QltpCj.jpg

Still debating whether to give the armour the same weathering treatment that I gave the helmet.....he looks far too clean!

So can someone explain something to me....from what I've read, the second release(blue box) comes with a blue uniform and a better head sculpt that the first release with the black uniform, is that right?

It’s the same sculpt. The pleather is bluish, but looks great. Not as blue as it does in pictures.

It’s the same sculpt. The pleather is bluish, but looks great. Not as blue as it does in pictures.

wrong. the blue version has different head sculpt in that they removed the lego peg on the top of the head so folks can display him without the helmet without feeling embarrassed. I would assume the 3rd release follows suit.

wrong. the blue version has different head sculpt in that they removed the lego peg on the top of the head so folks can display him without the helmet without feeling embarrassed. I would assume the 3rd release follows suit.

Yes, sorry, forgot about the peg, but I honestly don’t think that’s what he meant.

Yes, sorry, forgot about the peg, but I honestly don’t think that’s what he meant.

Wait, what 3rd release? Do you mean the other judges they released or is there a 3rd release of Karl Urban's Judge Dredd that they did?

But is the sculpt different or it was just the removal of the peg that was different?

Wait, what 3rd release? Do you mean the other judges they released or is there a 3rd release of Karl Urban's Judge Dredd that they did?

But is the sculpt different or it was just the removal of the peg that was different?

Yes that’s how I understood your comment. No, the sculpt is the same, only the peg has been removed.
And yes there’s a new release of the black suit Dredd. I don’t think they changed the sculpt, but I’m not sure.

Decided to finally pick up the original figure, after seeing how much better it could look with some mods. I lowered the helmet a bit, painted the knee pads and elbow pads that greenish color, and heavily weathered the whole thing up. Still want to create a better base for him though.

I also picked up the VTS Anderson, but that one is taking quite a bit more work to make look good. Lol

20190201_2003091.jpg

20190201_200329.jpg

20190201_200753.jpg

Nice! How did you lower the helmet?

Decided to finally pick up the original figure, after seeing how much better it could look with some mods. I lowered the helmet a bit, painted the knee pads and elbow pads that greenish color, and heavily weathered the whole thing up. Still want to create a better base for him though.

That's one way to do it, but I just dremeled the top and back of the head on mine to get the helmet to sit lower, as I still wanted a bit of his nose to be visible like in the movie.

Off the top of my head I don't know about the visor. Someone will probably chime in before I find it, but I'll look for it in my stuff and let you know. It will take a bit.:monkey3

Thanks! I really want this fig, but now someone said the reissue has a better sculpt, and then someone said the Epoch Cop had a better helmet, and so I'm getting all confused. I'd like to have a better idea of what I'm getting into before I decide. So thanks for your help!

Off the top of my head I don't know about the visor. Someone will probably chime in before I find it, but I'll look for it in my stuff and let you know. It will take a bit.:monkey3

Back