1/6 ArtFigures Heavy Armoured Cop

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone said the Epoch Cop helmet is lower that the one that Dredd actually comes with. Any truth to that?

Here you go. Honestly I don't see much of a size difference, but the shape is clearly different. It appears the Epoch might be a bit more accurate to the movie, but I still prefer the look of the AF one on him. Length of the visor is about the same, but the Epoch one is just solid black plastic and not slightly transparent like the AF.

20190202_101608.jpg

20190202_101439.jpg

20190202_101426.jpg

Thank you so much! Yeah, that is a tough choice to make since they both look so good. I don't want to mess with the head to make the visor lower, but it looks so good on yours!

And the green pads you painted look great.

Is that sculpt the regular one? Like I said, someone mentioned there is a newer one that supposedly looks better, but yours seems to look good from your pics.

Here you go. Honestly I don't see much of a size difference, but the shape is clearly different. It appears the Epoch might be a bit more accurate to the movie, but I still prefer the look of the AF one on him. Length of the visor is about the same, but the Epoch one is just solid black plastic and not slightly transparent like the AF.

See someone did chime in. I'm glad I got the Epoch helmet because I do like the look of it slightly more. However, I would say it's not needed unless you find it at a cost you can live with. I got it for about $3.

As far as the sculpt goes, I don't ever remember it being a new sculpt other than the "Lego" top was removed. The blue version came with a hair piece, don't recall the reissue black one with it. The hair piece looks stupid and even more stupid since we don't see him without the helmet.

Wow, $3 is a bargain! Nice get! The "Lego" top is what, for the helmet to snap onto the head? Without the "Lego" top would the AF helmet hang down any lower?

Someone said the new reissue had a new sculpt and new accessories. I've only seen it on international ebay sites and I don't want to pay $100 unless it was really worth it, which from the pics don't look to me like it is.

See someone did chime in. I'm glad I got the Epoch helmet because I do like the look of it slightly more. However, I would say it's not needed unless you find it at a cost you can live with. I got it for about $3.

As far as the sculpt goes, I don't ever remember it being a new sculpt other than the "Lego" top was removed. The blue version came with a hair piece, don't recall the reissue black one with it. The hair piece looks stupid and even more stupid since we don't see him without the helmet.

I assume the peg is to keep the helmet in place, but it was a move that wasn't needed. It stays in place just fine. Some sanded the peg away and that may give you enough movement to bring the helmet down past the nose.

Does the reissue have the white box with line art on it? If it is I do not recall anyone saying it was an improved version of it. There was a big 'ole fiasco with the release of the initial figure and licensing issues. We almost thought it was going to be stopped before it could get released. Perhaps AF just wanted a better box for since it sold very well.

Thank you so much! Yeah, that is a tough choice to make since they both look so good. I don't want to mess with the head to make the visor lower, but it looks so good on yours!

And the green pads you painted look great.

Is that sculpt the regular one? Like I said, someone mentioned there is a newer one that supposedly looks better, but yours seems to look good from your pics.

Yeah the sculpt is from the original black suit version. And I don't see any difference with the blue one myself.

I assume the peg is to keep the helmet in place, but it was a move that wasn't needed. It stays in place just fine. Some sanded the peg away and that may give you enough movement to bring the helmet down past the nose.

Does the reissue have the white box with line art on it? If it is I do not recall anyone saying it was an improved version of it. There was a big 'ole fiasco with the release of the initial figure and licensing issues. We almost thought it was going to be stopped before it could get released. Perhaps AF just wanted a better box for since it sold very well.

Yes, it's the white box. Okay, so if the peg is removed the helmet can come down lower? That's what I like to hear! Thank you! And it's good to hear the reissue isn't a new sculpt. Whew! Thanks for all of the help today!

Yeah the sculpt is from the original black suit version. And I don't see any difference with the blue one myself.

Okay, cool. Thanks!

I'm not very good at painting or weathering or anything customizing like that, but I was wondering if you had any easy suggestions on getting a little gold onto the shoulders since he has it in the movie but the figure doesn't have any?

I just lightly brushed on some cheap acrylic craft paint (a mix of gold and bronze to match the badge). Although I could probably add a bit more since my weathering dulled it back down.

For weathering the outfit I drybrushed some gray over the whole thing, and then rubbed in some model railroad dirt to fill in the crevices.

Wow, okay. Sounds I don't have any model railroad dirt, but it looks like I am going to the local craft store. Like I said, I'm not good with painting or anything like that, but this doesn't sound tooooooooooo bad. I might try it out. Thanks, again!!

I just lightly brushed on some cheap acrylic craft paint (a mix of gold and bronze to match the badge). Although I could probably add a bit more since my weathering dulled it back down.

For weathering the outfit I drybrushed some gray over the whole thing, and then rubbed in some model railroad dirt to fill in the crevices.

Wow, okay. Sounds I don't have any model railroad dirt, but it looks like I am going to the local craft store. Like I said, I'm not good with painting or anything like that, but this doesn't sound tooooooooooo bad. I might try it out. Thanks, again!!

I weathered mine and painted the knee and shoulder pads as well. But get it and see what you think, he’s really nice even without any mods at all.

I'm not good at painting, honestly. But I just bought one and am going to see how it is when I get it. I MIGHT try to do the shoulder pads to try to make them more screen accurate, but I don't know yet. I just don't have that skill or patience to paint. But thanks!

I weathered mine and painted the knee and shoulder pads as well. But get it and see what you think, he’s really nice even without any mods at all.

I really wish I could get ahold of one of these heads (which appears to be from an old VTS Doom figure). The current head is decent enough, but the expression still feels a bit over-exaggerated to me, and it'd be nice to have something a bit more natural and realistic.

1_bb7293e4f3059a710d7c4f5f5dfff9bd~01~01.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
It's funny you said that because I was thinking the same thing. Prior to AF announcing the Dredd figure I bought that Doom figure to convert it into a Dredd. I bought a biker outfit with helmet and began modifying the helmet. Suffice it to say that custom stopped quickly.:eek:

Did not realize it's a hard to find figure. Nothing really special about it. I mean it's a nice figure and I've used the parts for other things, but I guess over time most figures will be hard to find. I mean even some of the Medicom figures are hard to find.

Back