1/6 ART Figures AF-019 Crazy Racer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was clear from the promo shots that it was a suede effect rather than a shiny pleather. It replicates that pretty well.

maxresdefault.jpg

Looking forward to getting the VTS as well for another version of the Road Warrior.

but in the movie scenes they don't look suede, the jacket & pants fold around like it's made of softer material like top leather/vinyl, suede tend to be harder & less flexible.

I feel like the vts one is trying to pull double duty as both a representation of tom hardy mad max and the starting point for a mel gibson mad max.

Now that I have the Art figure for couple days, I think it was fantastic. While the materials are not pleather, the overall simulation of worn leather is quite good in my eyes. I agree that the VTS version is a bit too clean and is closer to Mel Gibson Max.

The only real knock for me is the hair. If they had a better hair sculpt, the overall resemblance would have been really strong.

ahhh wow reading all your thoughts on the art VS vts is interesting, was sold on vts but after reading here then looking at the pics of vts and the screenshots liking the art ver now

ahhh wow reading all your thoughts on the art VS vts is interesting, was sold on vts but after reading here then looking at the pics of vts and the screenshots liking the art ver now
A bit of shameless self promotion i know but have you watched my video review on it yet??

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Mine finally showed up this afternoon and I'm completely blown away by it!

In particular, the choice of material for the leathers is amazingly good and is very soft and pliable, and really captures the way the costume appears in the movie.

A heads up: I couldn't figure out how to attach IV cord to the bullet farmer vest and it's because they have the attachment on the wrong side of the best. I don't know if that's just mine or a running error.

Regardless, I love this figure.

Mine finally showed up this afternoon and I'm completely blown away by it!

In particular, the choice of material for the leathers is amazingly good and is very soft and pliable, and really captures the way the costume appears in the movie.

A heads up: I couldn't figure out how to attach IV cord to the bullet farmer vest and it's because they have the attachment on the wrong side of the best. I don't know if that's just mine or a running error.

Regardless, I love this figure.
The inside box photo is flipped the wrong way for some reason. It goes above his left shoulder but you have to move the pouch flap out of the way.

The inside box photo is flipped the wrong way for some reason. It goes above his left shoulder but you have to move the pouch flap out of the way.

Yeah I noticed they flipped the pic on the box, that had me scratching my head.

I took some pics:

DSCF4381_zps9wa7j28o.jpg

DSCF4383_zpsqgt5mjky.jpg

DSCF4382_zpsylbxwxsz.jpg

DSCF4384_zpsvc9fvi82.jpg

DSCF4388_zpsz9vqidsw.jpg

DSCF4390_zps9vycuhwr.jpg

I might keep the mask on the AF fig once I get the VTS version.

If only both head sculpts could have a baby together lol

ee6df100f1e1dba5fedd9ca7e33fdb1c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for that! I got him all sorted now. What a great figure!

So putting aside the head sculpts, this or the Wasteland Ranger? I noticed Wasteland Ranger has accurate boots to boot.

;8424104 said:
So putting aside the head sculpts, this or the Wasteland Ranger? I noticed Wasteland Ranger has accurate boots to boot.
It's hard to say since no one has the VTS yet and we're just going by pictures but i'd say you almost have to get both to make a perfect Max. The clothing is more accurate with the Art. As mentioned earlier in the post the Vts has too much of a leather look for fury road. The Arts boots are from the opening scene so technically they're not inaccurate but in the majority if the movie he has the hikers so they would be better. However the Vts comes with a stand and i believe the leg brace is a little more accurate with the brown straps but it also costs more.

I plan on doing a comparison video once they're both out but until then I'd just get the one that speaks to you if you can't afford both. All i can say for sure is Arts is a great figure and i'm very happy i picked him up.

Another few things i noticed was it looks like the clips and such look alot more detailed with the Vts but the shoulderpad looks slightly over sized and something looks wrong with the mask.

Nice pics, Tom Hardy is in that sculpt somewhere. Its weird I think Hardy has a face that can look very different depending on what his expression is.

NE0coSrfAqhj31_1_b.jpg

tom-hardy-as-max-rockatansky.jpg

I think what lets down the AF figure the most is the hair. Hardy in Mad Max had the kind of haircut that looked like he had done it himself with a blunt set of clippers.
The AF fig's hair is too flat it should have bits sticking up and look more unkempt.

Nice pics, Tom Hardy is in that sculpt somewhere. Its weird I think Hardy has a face that can look very different depending on what his expression is.

NE0coSrfAqhj31_1_b.jpg

tom-hardy-as-max-rockatansky.jpg

I think what lets down the AF figure the most is the hair. Hardy in Mad Max had the kind of haircut that looked like he had done it himself with a blunt set of clippers.
The AF fig's hair is too flat it should have bits sticking up and look more unkempt.

Absolutely agreed. I had that exact thought about Hardy's face today changing. Sometimes he looks rough like in your above pic and sometimes he's practically baby faced like the one below. Vts def captures the baby face and af more captures the rough look. The hair being messed up would've improved it dramatically

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back