1/6 ART Figures AF-019 Crazy Racer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
interested to see how this turns out.
well nothing interesting actually, i just need to assemble two bunker humans to help my Reese against two future terminators. no dioramas, like in Dogville.

your Mad Max is very dirty, i need to ask you how to do that effect on clothes and especially leather :) is it just white paint with lots of water? that's one of my hopes, as i never managed to do cool weathering that would be seen on photos.

well nothing interesting actually, i just need to assemble two bunker humans to help my Reese against two future terminators. no dioramas, like in Dogville.

your Mad Max is very dirty, i need to ask you how to do that effect on clothes and especially leather :) is it just white paint with lots of water? that's one of my hopes, as i never managed to do cool weathering that would be seen on photos.

No white.

Vallejo paints.

Mahogany Brown 70846
Dark Grey 70994 (just a bit)
Sand Yellow 70916

mixed with water. Thats the way I got it.

Do some tessts on other fabrics you sure have lying around. Good luck.

thanks! so still paints mixed with water. will try it.
did a nice job once with rubbing a T-800 leather suit with fingers put into boneskull paint/water mix, glad there is a way to improve it to look good.

thanks! so still paints mixed with water. will try it.
did a nice job once with rubbing a T-800 leather suit with fingers put into boneskull paint/water mix, glad there is a way to improve it to look good.

I used acrylic paints and water on this guy. It works great. ...but now that AF and VTS did it he's off the work table ;)
15945b2addde95f00cc6b19d7627cc9a.jpg

Not sure who made the sculpt. Bought it unpainted on eBay for $20 a while back when I wanted to work on this one. Pretty good one.
Here's the one without mask:
4300bbce35eed762dc917b3457ee49ef.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting. I hadn't seen that one before. I used Rahmier's modded DAM toys sculpt for my custom. I think you may have used the same leathers as I did.

How's the Art Figures body? I've looked into grabbing one for customs and wondered if it's better than your average eBay KO body.

Interesting. I hadn't seen that one before. I used Rahmier's modded DAM toys sculpt for my custom. I think you may have used the same leathers as I did.

How's the Art Figures body? I've looked into grabbing one for customs and wondered if it's better than your average eBay KO body.

I like the underlying body quite a bit. It's got a nice range of movement and tight joints that hold a pose well. The only con, and this might just be mine, is that it's really squeaky when I move it.

I like to hear it has tight joints. Tell me, does it use proprietary wrist pegs?

I snapped a wrist peg right out of the box and I haven't been able to replace it. It definitely won't fit Hot Toys or Sideshow pegs.

If anyone can tell where I can get a replacement peg, I'd sure appreciate it!

I snapped a wrist peg right out of the box and I haven't been able to replace it. It definitely won't fit Hot Toys or Sideshow pegs.

If anyone can tell where I can get a replacement peg, I'd sure appreciate it!
I used hot toys pegs when i snapped mine. Only a very slight wiggle where it attaches to the body.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

If you want a little snug, just wrap a little tape at the end of a HT peg, it'll be fine...

Awesome, buddy. Thank you for the insight.

I'm glad you got a replacement peg worked out! As a little warning to everyone for some reason with this release art toys has some weak wrist pegs. I was told this ahead of time with the first video review where the guy snapped his wrist peg so props to him. Knowing this I used a hair dryer to change the hands with ease and I suggest you all do the same to avoid any issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back