1/6 ART Figures AF-019 Crazy Racer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great posts siquisiri and Hunter :duff

It's pretty well one of the most expensive sculpts I've ever seen. Not worth it IMO, though the likeness is fantastic. Modern Life are scalping us, plain and simple.

Well, if all ya'll can do is gripe about the price...

Then you're either
a) not getting any, or
b) you've never actually CREATED something in 1:6 scale - to a reasonably high enough standard of finish - I'm not talking bought some cheap parts from Asia, and slapped them on some cheap bod you can buy for a buck off Ebay! I mean. CREATED as in sat down and agonised over how its going to turn out, were you wise to start down this road? Will you be able to see it to its conclusion - will it even be worth seeing it to a finish - is it really good enough - are your skills really good enough to take a stand against the many (and there are legions) who like to facelessly comment in the negative about EVERYTHING because it costs more than they can afford or looks better than they could EVER make (Whereas if they stopped buying the cheap throw away figures that seem to pour out just to take your dollars) then you'd probably have enough to buy a piece of art instead of knocking a girl/company's skills.

You'll not get a better Hardy sculpt than Toria's artistic Max... until its re-casted in China/Singapore/Hong Kong that is.

Just sayin' is all...

;)
Lol
Nah

I have bought 100 dollar knockoff figures and I have bought 2k / so called art figures. However 300-400 dollar for a mass produced sculpt is insane!
Have I paid that much for a sculpt before with paint - yes but with a painter of my choice! But that has been 3-4 times here and there.
But these days I am tired of people asking crazy prices - just cause they can! Artist interpretation etc etc!!! I vote with my wallet and avoid some of it like plague! Some places where I am convinced I do spend that kind of money but most places including this modern life release - well an easy easy pass!
Now days people think any one who ask for a sculpt or an outfit has a $ idiot written on their forehead!

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/.../137019-leon-911-partial-collection-40-a.html

Literally hit the nail on the head. Stating that people are critiquing a sculpt/the price of a sculpt because they can't afford it is pretty asinine. There have been much better sculpts that required no less artistry than ML's Max for much less. Plus the sculpt is by Vimal, an artist who has a sculpt for sale in the interest section for literally 70USD. Granted, it's not painted, but ML's sculpt is not a 300USD paintjob.

Okay - Opinions are like... everybody's got one!
IMO: its not asinine when the masses big up mediocre sculpts - In 1:6 today I see the right price ALWAYS drawing comments in the positive... no matter the inaccuracies. Everything 'over-priced' gets negative... fact!
My original point stands:- those who create it can comment better on "what it costs". Don't knock the artistry - you don't kow what lies behind the scenes!
Phrases like: "MANY are not going to bite at this price" or "I'd expect Tom Hardy to personally deliver the package" or "ripping us off" are not based in the real world of 1:6 creation IMO

I'm not knocking the artistry at all though, because I do know what goes on behind the scenes. Like I said, the artist is literally selling sculpts on this website for a very reasonable price. A sculpt that is no less masterful than the Max one.

My point is, this is ML jacking up prices because Max-ehem, "Wasteland Warrior" is popular right now. Which is fine, they're allowed to, but when people like Rainman, Denny, and more sell sculpts at half the price while being painted much better, it's hard to not feel like they're jacking the price because it's popular. I don't think there's a real reason besides that that differentiates this sculpt and the work that went into it between something like the Young Don Vito sculpt that just came out. A 150 dollar sculpt.

But, like my *******, that's just my opinion. :duff:
Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Damn son, VTS just killed the ML sculpt AND this figure in one blow ....:thud:

...and added to the 'mass produce effect' on this character - like I said - You'll not get a better Hardy sculpt than Toria's artistic Max... until its re-casted in China/Singapore/Hong Kong that is.

To HUNTER I say: "fair point - well made" but I think they're 'racking up' prices deliberately to set themselves above/apart from the mass produce. I take it its sort of tongue in cheek - say like Damien Hirst does - they're French ffs - they HAVE to be arty-farty and different

...and added to the 'mass produce effect' on this character - like I said - You'll not get a better Hardy sculpt than Toria's artistic Max... until its re-casted in China/Singapore/Hong Kong that is.

To HUNTER I say: "fair point - well made" but I think they're 'racking up' prices deliberately to set themselves above/apart from the mass produce. I take it its sort of tongue in cheek - say like Damien Hirst does - they're French ffs - they HAVE to be arty-farty and different

You say that like it's a bad thing? I would much rather pay 150 dollars for a figure I like then over a grand for a custom. Especially when the mass produced one is damn near as nice as the custom if not as good. I think some collectors want to buy customs just so they can brag about it.

say like Damien Hirst does - they're French ffs - they HAVE to be arty-farty and different

Well played. :lol

Does this mean it will be shipping earlier than expected or is this just a proto for distributors??

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

To answer that, here are the rest of the photos:

11204897_960794637344121_4177752587062413990_n.jpg

12509157_960794657344119_7379982094907623605_n.jpg
Nice! Thanks. I hope KGHobby's warehouse looks similar. Didn't go with OSK for this "Max" but did with the VTS.

I thought of cancelling the AF may times but i couldn't bring myself to do it.

Oh wow he looks much nicer than those early pics. Thought it would be the Wasteland Warrior for me, now I'm not so sure.
What's been the consensus for you guys (sorry haven't been following these threads)?

Can someone do a comparison between VTS & ART in terms of Costumes & Accessories? I ordered VTS but just want to know how ART goes.

Still can't see Hardy...have this pre ordered but am going to let it slide and wait for the VTS version.

The VTS is going to be the premier Hardy Max. But I like the idea of having the AF one as well for variation. I might just stick him on a narrow shoulder with the Brother head, and then use the Art head and body for something else.

Found this short video on KG's site:

[video]https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xfa1/t50.2886-16/12629856_816808408444996_1915121021_n.mp4[/video]
Hey never ordered from KG, they good? If they are indeed shipping soon I'm probably gonna buy this tonight. EMS delivery correct? Will be my first time ordering from an international website.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Looks a lot better than the prototype, but I'm sticking with my VTS preorder. Nice to see Art Toys are constantly improving though, they seem like they're really going places.

My pre-order is now paid in full. Now lets see how long it takes to get to the east coast of Canada.

Back