1/6 ART Figures AF-019 Crazy Racer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought two pairs of the DiD boots sometime before that photo for Han and an Imperial officer. They're no longer on that figure, but I just checked both pairs and they're fine.

If you're worried about cracking and flaking then put as little stress on them as possible - don't force feet into them, but remove the feet, fill the boots with cotton or tissue and then drop the legs into them.

didn't know they still making the boots after so many years.

for me i had to because i had to slip them under a pair of rubber guards, couldn't figure out any good way of doing it without bending it. i could heat up the rubber to make it stretchable but still i need some tubes so the boot upper won't bend while going in.

DiD still use them for their German officers. The ones I got were parted out from Major Achbach or Peter, the Waffen-SS doctor.

That does sound dodgy.

I destroyed a pair of DiD ankle boots once because I got the feet stuck in them. First the heels stretched the back of the boots, then the soles came off and they were pretty much wrecked!

So I try not to put feet in them any more, or if I do, take the toes off so they don't fill the boot.

destroyed like the pleather damaged or just the sole came off because it's normal for sole to come off they use normal glue just glue it back.

funny thing is i have 3 pairs of them boots but non allowed me to slip a feet in as it has a foot peg inside and i'm sure it's not a foot in. putting a peg in is tricky as the boots deep & narrow.

Could anyone verify if the piston of the leg brace of this Max is movable?

They started to break up because of the force I used trying to get the foot out. The heel stretched, the sole came off, and they started to crack up. I guess you could say it was like pleather damage.

I still have three pairs of ankle boots in different styles that are still perfect, because I didn't mistreat them. :lol

do you know if i want to use the AF or VTS head which figure is best since the neck is 1 piece with the head?

:confused:

I haven't got the VTS yet.

Don't think there's much choice for muscle bodies without an integral neck, so a narrow shoulder with some padding could work.

which part of the body needs some buffing?

TT copy comes with thigh parts. not sure how it looks wearing the AF clothes. thing is TT has no muscle on the arms but not sure how it will affect as there's 2 layer of clothes outside.

It's just trial and error once you have the body and clothes.

just checking, does the sniper scope have lens at the front or just the rear?

can you remove the handgun magazine from the gun?

how do you remove the leg brace & boots.

what's the string hanging around his pants for?

the body is really tall.

Can anybody update me on the Brother Production head sculpt--did I miss the boat on being able to order one? Decided to pick this figure up to go along with my VTS version.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

the body is really tall.

Not sure. VTS's is only the back though.

Yes

Can't comment, don't have.

Part of the costume, if it's the one near the cod piece sort of stitching, the real outfit has it too.

All bodies are beautiful. #stop1/6shaming

I've only seen it listed at a couple of places: KG Hobby and a retailer (I think) who's in Malaysia.

KG Hobby has shown it as sold out for a long time: https://www.kghobby.com/brother-production-custom-1-6-scale-head-sculpt-max/

But there would be no harm in asking them if they're able to add to their order. After all, the product is long overdue, delayed as it is from Q1 to "by end of 2016".

is the sculpt 1 piece with neck?

is it better than VTS sculpt?

I've only seen it listed at a couple of places: KG Hobby and a retailer (I think) who's in Malaysia.

KG Hobby has shown it as sold out for a long time: https://www.kghobby.com/brother-production-custom-1-6-scale-head-sculpt-max/

But there would be no harm in asking them if they're able to add to their order. After all, the product is long overdue, delayed as it is from Q1 to "by end of 2016".

Thanks, I just sent them a message about it, will post if I hear anything useful.

Also looks like this figure is sold out now on KG Hobby so I'm glad I ordered last night. Looks like some other places like Toy Anxiety still have it but KG was the cheapest I saw by a little at $153 shipped. I personally don't think the head looks too bad from what I've seen so far, especially with the scarf on to hide the enormous chin.

the body is really tall.

is the sculpt 1 piece with neck?

is it better than VTS sculpt?

is the head suppose to come off the neck peg so easily?

does the sniper scope has front lens?

Are you kidding me? You've got to be screwing around.

You could google most of these answers.

I used most of this set for these two customs. Intro Max and Nux. The VTS is going to be my final Max.
b3204c4b3b0a20f59a565a70104706af.jpg

Got this response back from KG Hobby. I guess it means they will have some in stock on release?

hi
it is coming by the end of 2016
thankyou for your patient

Could someone please describe how the lock of the mask works on AF Max? And how is the quality (solid, fragile, ect...)? Thanks.

Back