1/6 aliens not from hot toys?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The HT Aliens are no good, they're old now and those figures don't survive time like the rest. I hope we get an updated version of the original alien at least

maybe you havent met modge podge yet.

modge podge makes HT xenos...bearable.

Like virtually anything, figures become dated and all the available options are getting up there in age.

I feel the key to enjoying these pieces is NOT to slap one front and center and expect people to love it as a 'stand-alone' item, but to have them work together in groups. Use them as accessories for other figures or for each other.

I love my MacFarlane and HT aliens. I would never put single figure front and center, though.

case21e.jpg
case11b.jpg

I wish hot toys would atleast redo their Alien warrior and big chap to make them look more accurate... Warrior especially.

I took a few shots with a light back lit on the figure to show its translucent property, its pretty cool, it has an organic look to it, I'm sure its not accurate but still, very creepy looking and it looks nothing like that when not back lit, it just looks black like in my video.

19292437120_96cc5c14fd_b.jpg

18857495284_a576875d7d_b.jpg

18857501834_31e3404226_b.jpg

Hey, I really want to get a 1/6 alien figure but I'm not down for paying the hot toys price, especially with problems they have with age. I was wondering if there were any other 1/6 aliens like maybe from Neca or Mcfarlane that would have the accurate height next to a hot toys pred.:dunno
palisades A2 has identical lengths of body/legs/arms as HT 1/6 and a bit longer skull. but it's a statue and long sold.

aliens_palisades-hottoys_03.jpg~original

kotobukiya alien from avp (posted above) is a statue, too, and still available, and more accurately painted, but it's crawling - not much of "accurate height" can be used.

I thought the HT AVP was actually a really cool figure when it came out, I just don't care for the look of that Alien or the Preds from that film. I never had any issues with mine and don't recall any QC issues plaguing that one.

The Aliens warrior was a POS though, first off it was pretty off looking but I had cracking joints all over it and w/in a few months the thing was like a rag doll. No, worse than a rag doll as the limbs would just fall off, not to mention flaking paint :lol

The Dog Alien, was a bit better... but not really an inconic look either. I did snap one leg due to the super tight fit, but got it right the second time after getting a replacement. Aside from that he seemed solid, but I'm sure the rubber could rot over time.

The Big Chap is actually a pretty good figure, inaccuracies aside, I haven't had any major issues and it fills my need for a 1/6 ALIEN.

P. is right. The Palisades ALIEN WARRIOR is a pure gold for any 1/6 scale collector.
It's a shame that Palisades ALIEN 1 is not so good, not even close.

Here is mine on the custom stand by Captain HH:

I'm still very happy with this piece.
So good that P. helped me to get it some time ago.

I know the OP specified 1/6, but given NECA will soon be releasing their 1/4 Big Chap at (no doubt) a more reasonable price point than many earlier 1/6 incarnations on the secondary market (and most anything beats the clunky HT Alien), then it might make sense just to go for that. Otherwise, the Medicom is the most accurate to my eyes (scale issue and lacklustre paint work notwithstanding).

The Palisades warrior is definitely great for 1/6, but you're looking at probably around $300 for it these days...

The hot toys AVP warrior alien is awesome. I still have mine, no problems. The aliens alien warrior on the other hand fell apart after a few years.

Back