1/6 3A - MARVEL Ultron Collectible Figure (Ashley Wood)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Preorders are up at bambalandstore.com. If you want the red leds you need to enter "RED LED Version" in the message field on the product page. Ordered a classic one last night. Debating on grabbing a shadow too

ohhh didnt realize there was different LED options, cool :duff

Is there a cut-off date for the pre-orders?

I have a lot of stuff coming up at the moment so I'm waiting to see if I can get this a bit later...

Is there a cut-off date for the pre-orders?

I have a lot of stuff coming up at the moment so I'm waiting to see if I can get this a bit later...

There is, but I'm not sure what it is. They had the Tomorrow Kings Sand Troopers up for about 5 or so days, I went to grab one on the order close day and couldn't. So I'm not sure how long it will last. They usually announce the last day via FB/Twitter

Just ordered the classic version with red lights :yess:

I'm still on the fence about getting the shadow version too, but if I do i'm getting the blue version.

Man, I had intended on getting this in lieu of Ultron Prime until I noticed the elbows look rubber, unless the joints were shopped out.

I think the elbows and knees are made of rubber. I myself dislike rubber joints, especially for a robot character, so it's definitely something to consider when purchasing the figure.

I think the elbows and knees are made of rubber. I myself dislike rubber joints, especially for a robot character, so it's definitely something to consider when purchasing the figure.
Yeah, it's enough to make me decide to pass on this. I want a classic Ultron as I'm not a fan of his movie design... I guess the wait continues.

First off I have trouble understanding that argument and with all due respect or possibility because I'm misunderstanding you. You state that you dislike rubber joints "especially for a robot" character. Is that because your brain is telling you a robot should be metal and rubber doesn't fit into that equation? How is it your willing to accept the plastic then? I think a realistic robot in today's world would in fact be made mostly of plastic and rubber and less metal. Not trying to start an argument. If you had just said I dislike the rubber joints because of fears of future deterioration or possible tearing, and or fold marks after long term posing. I could accept that. Just my 2 cents. Carry on fellas. Cheers.:duff

First off I have trouble understanding that argument and with all due respect or possibility because I'm misunderstanding you. You state that you dislike rubber joints "especially for a robot" character. Is that because your brain is telling you a robot should be metal and rubber doesn't fit into that equation? How is it your willing to accept the plastic then? I think a realistic robot in today's world would in fact be made mostly of plastic and rubber and less metal. Not trying to start an argument. If you had just said I dislike the rubber joints because of fears of future deterioration or possible tearing, and or fold marks after long term posing. I could accept that. Just my 2 cents. Carry on fellas. Cheers.:duff
Funnily enough I actually agree! Rather, what I mean by the referral of "especially for a robot character" is that the company could have taken the easy way and given us visible joints without the worry of marring the sculpt since you could easily design it as part of the character's robotic aesthetic. Sure it's less work, but it lends to a more durable frame while the visible joints could have been worked as part of the robotic aesthetic.

Less to do with opinions on what a robot character should be, and more to do with giving leeway in terms of figure design functionality. I mean, being an Ultron fan, arguably the rubber joints are actually ideal in the way they capture the spirit of his classic depictions. Specifically, in that Ultron actually covers up his joints with a layer of metal that allows him to function and look humanoid in design (sometimes through a thin layer of metal "skin", other times through a molecular re-arranger). So again, it's less to do with how a robot character should be depicted in figure form, and more to do with creating a durable design functionality for a figure in which the subject matter (a robot) could have easily allowed it.

Haha no worries! Not so much a knock against the figure's design, rather it's more of a personal issue of mine as I've tried to avoid figures with rubber joints (so far... this could very well be my first). It definitely prevents me from getting some really impressive stuff out there but alas it's just something I've tried to maintain as to avoid potential headaches in the future in fear of rubber parts deteriorating.

That said, I LOVE the figure and the overall design but my current funds and the figure's design functionality have prevented me from ordering it immediately for now (the red LED exclusive being the main issue as I have other stuff coming up that need paying first).

The thing is, he's a robot.. machines and robots are figures that seams and joints actually look natural on. Rubber is completely unnecessary. I don't want the hassle and worry of rubber so i'll skip it.

Unfortunately I think this and HT Ultron are the only high end figures available. It'll be years before SSC gets to him with their Marvel line.

He's up on Sideshow. $220 w/ $22 NRD. This is great for those who don't wanna pay full price up front like on the Bambaland 3A site. I went the Bambaland route though because of the exclusive red led lighting offered there.
902415-ultron-classic-edition-02.jpg

Really think this look awesome. I may order... The Doctor Doom also look nice!

Back