1/4th scale Iron Man Mark IV Collectible Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice. I wish SS had added alittle more of the chest to include the arc like this in their 1:1.

Q2 is April through June. I don't find it that hard to believe they'd be releasing Iron Man product during the duration of the film's theatrical release.

I know when Q2 is. I was mainly referring how I find it hard to believe that. DX MJ Bad is due Q2, Tony Stark Mech is due in Q2, Arnie T2 is due Q2, Sarah Connor Q2 and then this, War Machine in Q2? then whatever other Iron Man figures in Q2. No way is that possible to have it all out in the next 3 months.

Sounds like a cluster **** waiting to happen.

Sure it is, its just going to cost us.

But they have alot of other licenses to get around to this year so I expect this is what all of 2010 will be like.

Its going to be a cluster____. HT like Sideshow doesn't really take into account those of us who follow multiple lines just those who buy. SSC does it, it seems like every January, where they hit 8, 9 maybe 10 shipments of multiple lines at the same time where we have to bite down on something and just take it.

Just curious to see, what are all Ironman Haters have to say about this piece.

No Iron Man hate for me but I don't approve the way Hot Toys QC is right now... it's appalling.

Its going to be a cluster____. HT like Sideshow doesn't really take into account those of us who follow multiple lines just those who buy. SSC does it, it seems like every January, where they hit 8, 9 maybe 10 shipments of multiple lines at the same time where we have to bite down on something and just take it.

...hence cluster ****

Hot Toys track history right now with rushing things = busted things. Then it's bend over and take it with their current attitude. Oh sorry, denial. ¬_¬

So this is all wild theorizing but...

... In order for HT to be showing us this stuff now, they would have had to see the designs a long ass while ago. So it could be that they where only shown the Mark IV and not the VI because either the production didn't want to show it or it wasn't finalized yet. So maybe they where just shown the mark IV but where told there was a mark V and VI and that the VI was very similar to the IV.

So they did the IV as a bust hedging their bets planning perhaps on only making the VI and then making the IV if there was enough demand. Much like the III being followed by the II.

I've been working in London for a few days so missed a lot of my emails... but I came back to find a lot of cool hi-res pics, so I'm posting them up anyway-

HT_IronMan2_MarkIVCollectibleBus-4.jpg

HT_IronMan2_MarkIVCollectibleBus-3.jpg

HT_IronMan2_MarkIVCollectibleBus-2.jpg

HT_IronMan2_MarkIVCollectibleBus-1.jpg

HT_IronMan2_MarkIVCollectibleBust_P.jpg

So, the triangular chest light armour will be MARK V?

No, the Mark VI has the triangular arc reactor. The Mark V is the suitcase armor (or so everyone theorizes).

This bust looks very impressive, but I'll hold out for one in a larger scale and with higher quality materials.

It's not just a theory. The Hasbro movie toys and Koto statues are labeled as such.

As a fan of the Iron Man stuff I don't think it's too much. You could say there's way too much Star Wars stuff. It's just a matter of what you like. I'd say what will sell is exactly as much as there should be.

I just noticed that Hot Toys has placed the lines under the arch reactor too close together. On the movie prop they are further apart. I hope they fix this on the actual figure.

HT_IronMan2_MarkIVCollectibleBust_P.jpg

mk4.jpg

Back