1/4 Superman New 52 Justice League - Prime 1 Studios

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this looks pretty cool, I'm surprised it hasn't sold out yet. I thought he was a larger scale when I saw the price. I have some issues like others have mentioned but as a Superman fan I think SS laid some big goose eggs with Reeve and MOS Superman and Supergirl. I guess its all relative but as a Superman fan I cant say he is any worse relative to other Super releases

I think this looks pretty cool, I'm surprised it hasn't sold out yet. I thought he was a larger scale when I saw the price. I have some issues like others have mentioned but as a Superman fan I think SS laid some big goose eggs with Reeve and MOS Superman and Supergirl. I guess its all relative but as a Superman fan I cant say he is any worse relative to other Super releases

I will say Prime 1 Comic Superman is far better then SS MOS, Reeve Superman & Supergirl.... SS should be ashamed of those statues...

I will say Prime 1 Comic Superman is far better then SS MOS, Reeve Superman & Supergirl.... SS should be ashamed of those statues...

I agree. I haven't seen one Superman statue that I am impressed by. This one looks spectacular. I PO'd as I don't want to miss out on the pieces I really really love.

No love for the Supes comic book PF? I love that statue.

I think it's a great statue, but one thing it lacks for me is, don't know how to say, like a powerful impact. Not sure if it's because of the completely static stance, or the fact that the Batman PF dwarfs him, or the underwear worn on the outside that has always bugged me. I wish it was a bit more imposing.

I think it's a great statue, but one thing it lacks for me is, don't know how to say, like a powerful impact. Not sure if it's because of the completely static stance, or the fact that the Batman PF dwarfs him, or the underwear worn on the outside that has always bugged me. I wish it was a bit more imposing.

I don't think Bats dwarfs him. Their build seems very similar to me. I think the only problem with the underwear worn outside is because it's red. No one ever complains about Batman's costume having the same feature. It's just not as in your face because it's black instead of red.

I think the portrait has a lot of presence.

I don't think Bats dwarfs him. Their build seems very similar to me. I think the only problem with the underwear worn outside is because it's red. No one ever complains about Batman's costume having the same feature. It's just not as in your face because it's black instead of red.

I think the portrait has a lot of presence.

I think it's just a matter of different needs, I know my tastes about Superman are definitely not mainstream. Something like a standing mid flight pose, fully sculpted Rebirth costume with some good texturing (similar to the Man of Steel suit) and a determined face sculpt staring down.
I posted these some time ago, to me this is very close to my ideal Supes (ideally with a switch out more regular face):

julien-accettola-pose04.jpg

julien-accettola-pose01.jpg

Converting my Batman PF to full sculpt reduce some of his bulk, he looks on par with Superman PF.... But even though Superman PF has a great portrait, I really dislike the Mix Media on him... If I had kept him I would of had him converted to a full sculpt also...

I've yet to be completely blown away by any 1:4 Superman Comic Statue.... I'm curious to see what XM comes up with...

Converting my Batman PF to full sculpt reduce some of his bulk, he looks on par with Superman PF.... But even though Superman PF has a great portrait, I really dislike the Mix Media on him... If I had kept him I would of had him converted to a full sculpt also...

I've yet to be completely blown away by any 1:4 Superman Comic Statue.... I'm curious to see what XM comes up with...

Same here, man. Haven't been blown away either. Still waiting for that ....

PO'd. The 10% off code that popped up during checkout from sideshow helped me pull the trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm just not loving the metallic shiny blue and segmentation on the suit.

Sticking with my custom 1/4 comic superman and will add the Prime1 Jim Lee 1/3 and the comic XM version :)

IMG_5797.JPG

Back