1/4 Scale Super Alloy Iron Man 3 Figures from Play Imaginative

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would agree with that.

And yes I'd agree that they wont be out next month. That's likely Salesman Talk right there.

Should have asked the rep how these could be out next month, but it's taking the 1/6 Mk.42 forever to get released.

Then, tell him 5% off and free shipping is not enough. Because if you invest that money instead, you would have made more money (than the amount you would save) during the time it takes to get the figure released.

Now that Hot Toys are showing their actual figures of HeartBreaker, Silver Centurion and prototype of Gemini, I am starting not to be in awe of PI's figures anymore.

This especially applies to the PI's HeartBreaker armour as the details and colours are not on par with Hot Toys's 1/6 figure...

It's hard to gain any interest when they are still showing the early prototypes from 3 months ago. I'm pre-ordering HT's red snapper and heartbreaker because it's so much cheaper. I still have a slight interest in PI's mark 42 if i can see the final or near final product.

I agree HT's prototype & track record is already proven. Kind of gambling a bit to buy from PI. But from what I see, they intended to be a serious competitor & want to win the market in 1/4 iron man line.
I think they're pretty confident about their iron man product at least can match HT. What surprised me the most was PI included a tony headsculpt for us. If they don't have the confidence, they wouldn't include it & choose to playing it save by not giving us any hs.
the second is the price. With that much they charging us with, I'm pretty sure they gonna deliver a masterpiece. At least fellow freaks here said their mark 7 was great.
nonetheless, it's just my wishful thinking this going ro be my grail :lol

They're not taking preorders yet through the website. You have to do it at SDCC. Maybe sometime after the show....

Do you know of any other sites that will be preordering this?
I'd like to get these but PI's track record for releasing collectibles isn't very good. I don't know if I can wait 2-3 years for my order. :gah:

I saw these at SDCC last night. Honestly, I wasn't that impressed with the quality; certainly not for $600+ dollars. I understand these are prototypes, but for example, on the Gemini/Starboost figure the hexagonal pattern was just lines painted on whereas on the Hot Toys figure, the pattern is actually molded into the material.

I absolutely love the 1/4 scale, and for Iron Man I'd prefer that over the 1/6, but I'm going with Hot Toys over these for sure. Now if only NECA could get the IM3 license...

I saw these at SDCC last night. Honestly, I wasn't that impressed with the quality; certainly not for $600+ dollars. I understand these are prototypes, but for example, on the Gemini/Starboost figure the hexagonal pattern was just lines painted on whereas on the Hot Toys figure, the pattern is actually molded into the material.

I absolutely love the 1/4 scale, and for Iron Man I'd prefer that over the 1/6, but I'm going with Hot Toys over these for sure. Now if only NECA could get the IM3 license...

What a let down. That's too bad. :(
At 1/4, details are even more important than 1/6 because it's easier to see them (or lack-of for that matter).

They really should have released the diecast prototypes by now. Still showcasing the plastic protos at this stage (and especially at a toy convention!) is unacceptable imo, and really just goes to show how little effort has been put in to market these figures.

Shame though, because their figures look really impressive for a newcomer, and proportions all look solid. Somebody at the marketing dept. needs a good spanking.

I dont think those are plastic, they look articulated

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

i know these are prototypes, but they look horrible from what i can see from the pics and vids released from sdcc so far. for the amount of money they are asking for these, it should knock u off your feet. these aren't doing that for me. i actually have not bought an iron man yet cause i just want one in 1/4. anyways, this isn't gonna be my 1/4 iron man.

The details on the mark 42 is lacking. Can they really pump these out by november? With multiple headsculpts being produced? Sure it won't be out by next month like YES ANIME told us lol

The details on the mark 42 is lacking. Can they really pump these out by november? With multiple headsculpts being produced? Sure it won't be out by next month like YES ANIME told us lol
:lol :lol
yes, making 5 headsculpts no doubt will be a lot of work. but then again hot toys making a lot more headculpts for different movies, on the other hand, PI only have to make one tony stark with different expressions..
Can't wait if they already have new prototypes for the anicom :panic:

Back