1/4 Scale Super Alloy Iron Man 3 Figures from Play Imaginative

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, $600,is unreal..got student loans to pay, $240 is my current limit and people think I am insane for paying that amount..

If PI are going to show prototypes of a very expensive, collectible figure to the public, then giving them cheap looking paint is an incredibly dumb idea.. one look at those protos and I PO'd the Hot Toys diecast Mark 42 and War Wachine Mark II instead.. I'm going to leave the decision on a 1:4 Gemini and see if Play Imaginative can get their act together.. but to be frank, for that much money, it has to be Ferrari quality awesome, or its no PO.

:lol :lol
yes, making 5 headsculpts no doubt will be a lot of work. but then again hot toys making a lot more headculpts for different movies, on the other hand, PI only have to make one tony stark with different expressions..
Can't wait if they already have new prototypes for the anicom :panic:

Relatively speaking, PI is presumed a lot smaller company with less people than HT. So it takes them longer to produce even one figure. I think they went over their heads a little when they introduced all these unfinished prototypes back in April to get peoples' hopes up too early. I'd say forget the diecast, bring us the plastic suits and lower the prices to $300-$400 range.

If PI are going to show prototypes of a very expensive, collectible figure to the public, then giving them cheap looking paint is an incredibly dumb idea.. one look at those protos and I PO'd the Hot Toys diecast Mark 42 and War Wachine Mark II instead.. I'm going to leave the decision on a 1:4 Gemini and see if Play Imaginative can get their act together.. but to be frank, for that much money, it has to be Ferrari quality awesome, or its no PO.

Relatively speaking, PI is presumed a lot smaller company with less people than HT. So it takes them longer to produce even one figure. I think they went over their heads a little when they introduced all these unfinished prototypes back in April to get peoples' hopes up too early. I'd say forget the diecast, bring us the plastic suits and lower the prices to $300-$400 range.

Still hoping they can pull this off.

I could't agree more.
with $600 price tag, PI must pull this off or they won't sell the rest of their iron man figure:hi5:

Have you guys seen their 1/12 line? They look awesome!

Seen the Patriot and Mark 42 pics PI posted on FB..seriously think they should've just gone with plastic instead of diecast...seems the lines and contours aren't cut sharp enough and lack a lot of details...making it look almost like a something Hasbro would make.

I think I'd pay $90 tops for the 1/12 PI figure, considering the plastic Egg Attack Mark IV statue of similar size retails at $74.99.

Seen the Patriot and Mark 42 pics PI posted on FB..seriously think they should've just gone with plastic instead of diecast...seems the lines and contours aren't cut sharp enough and lack a lot of details...making it look almost like a something Hasbro would make.

I think I'd pay $90 tops for the 1/12 PI figure, considering the plastic Egg Attack Mark IV statue of similar size retails at $74.99.

Yeah, the paint looks sort of sloppy

I just saw this. A few action poses.

1012699_612404332113580_1729578094_n.jpg

I agree with most, the 1/12 scale are just too small to have thick die cast pieces. The 1/4 look much better but I need to see a final product picture and some more dynamic poses first.

Anyone who purchased through yes anime already, did they collect payment up front or do they wait till it's actually in stock? Given that their 1/6 iron man is Stoll no where to be seen I feel uneasy giving them $600+ to hold onto for who knows how long.

I saw a video about the 1/4 and 1/12 say where someone from yes anime says they'll both have 40-60 point of articulation. Thats a lot

I think the guy from yes in this video say the first will be out in october

[ame]https://youtu.be/XYAsc5pQ2XA[/ame]

581444_496607080423532_2092546730_n.jpg

Sneaky

24628_496607113756862_1694604492_n.jpg

Midas???? ( this is a new armor shown ) It looks like a repaint of Mark VII. But I think thats what Midas is.

5.jpg

Looking amazing. Don't know if its still prototypes but looks like massive improvement from the one shown at sdcc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back