1/4 Scale Super Alloy Iron Man 3 Figures from Play Imaginative

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well yeah if you are asking people to dish out 600 bucks + a pop you better make sure it looks damn fine with a precision metal build. There's no excuse not to, I mean, I could get an iPad for that price with change left over and that actually has internals, does something and is precision metal engineered. This is just a toy so it should look *perfect* for that price.

Well yeah if you are asking people to dish out 600 bucks + a pop you better make sure it looks damn fine with a precision metal build. There's no excuse not to, I mean, I could get an iPad for that price with change left over and that actually has internals, does something and is precision metal engineered. This is just a toy so it should look *perfect* for that price.

Totally agreed. I don't know why PI is taking so long to churn out these figures when their "prototypes" are there for all to see.

It is like they are running into trouble with production forecast and their schedule is getting pushed back.

I really want to see them produce some awesome Ironman figures regardless of scale and maybe some plastic Ironman will be a good idea too.

Yea. I think having plastic versions of what will be diecast figures will not be a true representation of what they are. They could be hurting themselves in the long run.

Yes and nobody wants to buy expensive diecast figures without even seeing how it will actually look like.

At this rate, they may very soon match Hot Toys standard....that is the standard of delaying figures....

Yes and nobody wants to buy expensive diecast figures without even seeing how it will actually look like.

At this rate, they may very soon match Hot Toys standard....that is the standard of delaying figures....

Have to say, have been pretty impressed at the rate HT has been churning out figures lately haha..

I don't believe Gemini or even war machine mark 2 will come out this december. they've been delaying mark 7 for almost a year.
anyone here can see whether they improved the mark 42? :dunno all I can see is they improved the detailing on gemini at least

I don't believe Gemini or even war machine mark 2 will come out this december. they've been delaying mark 7 for almost a year.
anyone here can see whether they improved the mark 42? :dunno all I can see is they improved the detailing on gemini at least

:goodpost:

Agreed, I think the 'snagging' list between marketing mockup and real steel production, will be extremely challenging.

As I guessed PI all talk and little action. MK VII delay is telling...don't hold your breath..

Have to say, have been pretty impressed at the rate HT has been churning out figures lately haha..

In fact,now I am actually getting scared on their efficiency as I happily PO figures as I expect them to be delayed since it has been like this for so many years.

If they release their figures all on time, I am screwed.... :monkey2

still need pics to see a better look of the details.
luckily, we can see mark 7 pictures at least 2-3 weeks from now.
I guess we can judge how well they do with those 1/4 iron man based on the mark 7. I kind of have the feeling, they're using mark 7 as practice tool, especially that figure isn't going to released worldwide.
I'll be happy as long as it has perfect proportion, great paint job, and great joints. limited articulation is not going to be too much problem for me, but hopefully they can give us articulation as much as hot toys did if possible :wave

Photos from SDCC:

1001799_10152534301194460_655480538_n.jpg

73304_10152534301189460_2055936163_n.jpg

1005438_10152534301284460_957628372_n.jpg

945171_10152534301304460_1371168755_n.jpg

1006273_10152534301179460_1685772499_n.jpg

thx for the update:yess:
edit: I couldn't believe what I'm seeing. Iron patriot releasing in 2013..... :lol

Last edited:
When I asked the rep when these were coming out he said "next month".

They also have a deal that if you buy one, pay for it at the show you save 5% and get free shipping.

Hey cofphoto, comparing the pics from SDCC, the HT version look way more detailed to me. I know they're different scales, but how did you see it in person?

Back