1/4 Scale Super Alloy Iron Man 3 Figures from Play Imaginative

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I highly doubt they were sold out. Maybe they are just being conservative about how many they will receive in april.

I can tell you that yesterday it didn't say "Backorder" like it does today. I'm guessing it works just like Sideshow where once they get to a certain amount of Pre Orders they place the "Backorder" tag on the page and allow you to order like a Wait list. It just tells me that people are ordering these guys at those prices.

Yeah i guess people have too much money and real confident on a new company. I hope BBTS will take on their mark 42 preorder since they won't charge until it ships.

Yeah i guess people have too much money and real confident on a new company. I hope BBTS will take on their mark 42 preorder since they won't charge until it ships.

I have been looking at the NYCC videos of the Armors. I have to say they are all alluring. I understand that 1/4 scale costs more to produce, but I'm not sure if they should start out @ 600 plus for a retail price on these figures. I only own Hot Toys at this point, but I'm bored with the 1/6th scale. I only need a Mark VI and have the stupid set of 7 HOA on PO. I kind of think I'm done with 1/6th and may want to move in the 1/4 scale direction. I wish Hot Toys would make 1/4 scale Iron Man Armor, it doesn't matter whether they are Die cast or plastic. In either event BBTS has War Machine and the Beautiful StarBoost Armor @ 599.00 each:panic: I'm really really on the fence at placing a Pre order because Id like to own them, but not for that price. By placing a Pre order I'm giving into the PI pricing model and PI will be judging if the price is good by the amount of PO's placed. This is hard for us collectors because we want to own the figures, but at a reasonable price. I don't think 600 is reasonable. Start them out at 400 and Exclusives the same price. They should take the model Hot Toys has once the Exclusives sell out you can get the regular version for the same price. PI is selling the Exclusives for 80.00 extra geez.... :gah:

Their biggest mistake is going diecast on these. Their proportions and prices are all out of whack. I'm already thinking i'm nuts for preordering HT's igor for $500.

Their biggest mistake is going diecast on these. Their proportions and prices are all out of whack. I'm already thinking i'm nuts for preordering HT's igor for $500.

I agree with you 100%. As for Igor I Pre ordered him on Action Figure Express when he was first announced. So shipped he was 491.22 Saved a little. There was no deposit so I can cancel risk free if I change my mind and move towards 1/4 scale.

I have a lot of Pre orders out there on SSC with non refundable deposits for all the new 1/6th Armors that are coming out. I kind of wish Hot Toys would just announce a 1/4 scale Iron Man line so I can just stick with them and get this thought of moving to a new company out of my mind.

Bottom line I want 1/4 scale Iron Man figures at collector friendly prices.

I agree with you 100%. As for Igor I Pre ordered him on Action Figure Express when he was first announced. So shipped he was 491.22 Saved a little. There was no deposit so I can cancel risk free if I change my mind and move towards 1/4 scale.

I have a lot of Pre orders out there on SSC with non refundable deposits for all the new 1/6th Armors that are coming out. I kind of wish Hot Toys would just announce a 1/4 scale Iron Man line so I can just stick with them and get this thought of moving to a new company out of my mind.

Bottom line I want 1/4 scale Iron Man figures at collector friendly prices.

I think Hot Toys is sort of standing on the sideline and watch how people react to PI's products. They could have produced 1/4 scale if they wanted to. But then all of their prices will probably be doubled and scare most collectors away. Out of all 100+ IM figure PI made, I'm really just interested in the 1/4 non-EX mark 42. Seems like the only difference between EX and non-EX is just one bonus Tony Stark head sculpt. For $80 difference, I can live with one less head sculpt.

I think PI already know that people are willing to pay that much for these figures despite they're a new company. not just iron man, every super alloy figures are expensive, so I doubt they'll ever drop down their price. And no way PI will produce all that armors, they'll most likely just like HT and choose the most wanted armors to produce. heck, maybe they analyzed what HT put on preorders & copied it :lol

the PI 1/4 are too expensive and the head sculpts look like NECA - painted statue kinda look

Well,I for one will most definitely be buying the 1/4 Mark 42as soon as it's available in the US!As for the other suits,as AWESOME as they look there's just too much stuff coming out for me to invest that much ca*****hey do look AWESOME!^_^

Well,I for one will most definitely be buying the 1/4 Mark 42as soon as it's available in the US!As for the other suits,as AWESOME as they look there's just too much stuff coming out for me to invest that much ca*****hey do look AWESOME!^_^

Well, more than 600 USD for a 1/4 .... It hurts a lot man :D

1012914_396832673753350_378039564_n.jpg

damn...preorder again? where are the mk 42, starboost and wm 2? :dunno

And from Yes Anime:

Please take note that the release date for the following products has been changed.
This is to ensure that the quality is up to expectation.

· 1/4 Scale Starboost: August 2014
· 1/4 Scale War Machine Mark 2: July 2014
· 1/12 Scale Mark 42: February / March 2014
· 1/12 Scale Iron Patriot: February / March 2014
· 1/12 Scale War Machine Mark 2: January / February 2014
· 1/6 Scale Green Lantern: January / February 2014
· 1/6 Scale Superman: December/ January 2014

I checked Yesanime today and the Mark 42 1/4 is "Available on backorder".

I don't know what that means but it will cost ~ $750 shipped to the US and that's paid up front. :monkey4

Back