1/4 Scale Super Alloy Iron Man 3 Figures from Play Imaginative

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just seen these bad boys at NYCC. They are nice but there isn't much detail. They just don't look very crisp. And for the price they need to look damn good, almost darn perfect; which they dont.

What do you mean by lacking detail? someone has got to be specific please, because I clearly am not seeing what some of you are.

What do you mean by lacking detail? someone has got to be specific please, because I clearly am not seeing what some of you are.

The detail is simplified and soft in up close pics of the armor- starting with MK 42....from a distance they look fine but get up close...compare them to close ups of HT 1/6 figures and there is no comparison

Notice ALL these big 1/4 guys are 2014 releases?? Yeah, whatever!

Look at the ******* up proportions on "Sneaky" armor...what is going on with that???

I got some video on this I will put up after its downloaded and processed, there really amazing looking in person!!!

It does say that these are plastic prototypes and final product will differ.

Well, for starters, the paint jobs on these protos was downright sloppy. I was excited when I saw the display, but once I walked up close I told myself these things weren't worth $600.

The Mark II looked probably the worst of the bunch. If I had to choose one, I would probably get War Machine 1.0.

I really like what they did so far. Of course, those are prototypes and far from being perfect but so far so good.

I really see myself getting them all since I really like the 1/4 format but certainly not at $600 piece.

They are living in denial. Even if they target a small niche of really wealthy collectors, there is no way they are going to sell many of these figures.

Why? Because there is a disconnect between cost and value.
I could purchase them at $600 piece but I would feel robbed for the value I perceive.

I think they should be in the $300-$400 range, then I'll get them all.

I really like what they did so far. Of course, those are prototypes and far from being perfect but so far so good.

I really see myself getting them all since I really like the 1/4 format but certainly not at $600 piece.

They are living in denial. Even if they target a small niche of really wealthy collectors, there is no way they are going to sell many of these figures.

Why? Because there is a disconnect between cost and value.
I could purchase them at $600 piece but I would feel robbed for the value I perceive.

I think they should be in the $300-$400 range, then I'll get them all.

The quality isn't there yet for $600. I have to see a lot of detail pictures before I would pay that much. And then I saw the price of Hot Toy's Igor lol :slap This hobby has been getting very expensive.

I'm still not content with their quality, but I do appreciate the time you took to put the video together. It helps all of us who are still debating. :duff

I took a picture of every single 1/4 figure. Front and back. You can view the entire gallery here...

https://s158.photobucket.com/user/tybolt80/library/NYCC/Iron Man?sort=9&page=1

IMAG0603_zpsa07aa62c.jpg

is this a WM 1.0? i'm digging it!

Back