1/4 scale DC Kits ok'd for Prototypez

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yikes! The price makes them a pass for me. I look forward to seeing what the end result looks like after people get them finished.

Yeah, the pricing is crazy of late. Between a couple of XM and SSC pieces I have on PO, it doesn't leave much room for unpainted kits. Still, just like you, I can't wait to see what they look like. Erick is an incredibly talented sculptor and I can't wait to see what he comes up with in the 1/4 DC department.

As much as I like the SSC statues, it would be nice to see some company able to provide legitimate competition to them. These apparent license monopolies that allow stuff like sales only outside the U.S., or only unpainted, unassembled kits by other companies kind of suck for the purpose of ensuring customers the best products possible. Anyway. . .yeah, like others I can't see myself investing in that amount for what you get.

At that price tag, the edition size should be under 50 pieces. I have two Batman commission pieces under my belt at about $2k total with an ES of 30 & 25.
I don't see the selling point at 2x the SS money on something I still have to build and paint even, if it is a dynamic pose or untapped mkt as of yet, is it really worth twice the price?
Unfortunately I'll have to wait for the obscure SS pieces to arrive. These are gonna be a once in a blue moon purchase :(

Here are some WIP pics from Erik Sosa's FB

d01df190fc42908431e7d7aa727403b0_zps53c9f8f7.jpg

50e97a06a36b70d44199c85a1b5e4d06_zpsb4de8d98.jpg

So people know Batman is the first character to go up for approval. Also, I did suggest to Erick that he might want to provide some painting tutorials, and he sounded up for the idea. These will be pretty awesome.

Oh I get it, I have to admit that I would love to take a shot at painting one, and that keeps bringing back to look at them. Also, with ALL of those different Batman options he will be out ahead of other companies that is for sure.

So people know Batman is the first character to go up for approval. Also, I did suggest to Erick that he might want to provide some painting tutorials, and he sounded up for the idea. These will be pretty awesome.

if it helps any on my youtube channel i do a walk thru on their Sagat kit and have other tutorials on painting and putting together kits etc.. So if anyone want to try a kit on their own i show a lot of stuff which may help people decide if they want to start doing kits.

https://www.youtube.com/user/VinceVellCUSTOMS

if it helps any on my youtube channel i do a walk thru on their Sagat kit and have other tutorials on painting and putting together kits etc.. So if anyone want to try a kit on their own i show a lot of stuff which may help people decide if they want to start doing kits.

https://www.youtube.com/user/VinceVellCUSTOMS

As a matter a fact when I was talking to Erick your name came up Vince... Lol

Back