Action Figure 1/4 Scale Arkham Knight Batman NECA

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking forward to receiving mine today after a long wait. While I can see the appeal of extending the neck to some, it makes the figure less game accurate. So I guess it's down to personal preference, but doubt I'll adjust mine. Have to see once he's in hand.

Looking forward to receiving mine today after a long wait. While I can see the appeal of extending the neck to some, it makes the figure less game accurate. So I guess it's down to personal preference, but doubt I'll adjust mine. Have to see once he's in hand.

IMO, the figure looks fine as is. However, the neck length's "accuracy" actually depends on the camera angle and movement of the character of course.

hr_Batman-_Arkham_Knight_thumb.jpg

(If I'm not mistaken, I remember you using this as reference, but this has the camera at slightly high angle :) )
screen-shot-2014-06-10-at-6-27-58-pm.png

But straight up eye-level, Bats should really have a longer neck, IMO.

batman-arkham-knight-screenshot-032714-01.jpg

batman-arkham-knight-ps4-5.jpg

Either way he looks fantastic. I'm certainly not criticising anyone's decision to make the adjustment. Your pics of your adjusted and repainted Bats look excellent, Michael. Just can't wait to get home later and finally have him in hand. Think this pic probably best illustrates the 'bull neck' design of the suit which Neca appear to have got spot on.
17cdaf472c906f886299bdcbd492a547.jpg

I just yank it out really hard...someone else suggest to use heat (blow dryer) and pliers pull out the neck piece

the chest piece /shoulder / cape are glue...onto the figure..I took it out slowly

and making the head sit higher look much better..imo..

[emoji3]

7eb09e986c5815287c29f3cd9e7bf49d.jpg

Great job, BigM! It's amazing how extending the neck can make this terrific figure look even better. Makes the proportion much well-balanced. Highly recommended modification that is not very difficult to do :)

So how do you guys do the neck Mod? I agree that the head looks to low. When you do the mod, is there a Gap left behind the head? thanks for any info as Ive been lookgin for a way to make his head sit higher.

So how do you guys do the neck Mod? I agree that the head looks to low. When you do the mod, is there a Gap left behind the head? thanks for any info as Ive been lookgin for a way to make his head sit higher.
Heubert mentioned in post 260 that the neck is double joint

like this:

0a22530fb2087fef562f2c2cf6d1a212.jpg

and he use expoxy to glue the bottom neck permanently

I use expoxy putty to sculpt an extended neck hole...in order to have that neck articulation..

I don't know if that makes sense to you...Lol

Heubert mentioned in post 260 that the neck is double joint

like this:

and he use expoxy to glue the bottom neck permanently

I use expoxy putty to sculpt an extended neck hole...in order to have that neck articulation..

I don't know if that makes sense to you...Lol

Yes, there would definitely be a gap. As I figured I needed half an inch more length on the neck post, I had to add a half-inch thick rubber pad that I then coated with resin epoxy to cling permanently on the neck post, as well as on the body. I think BigM did a much thorough job, as mine sacrificed the lower neck's articulation (but it's not a big deal for me, the head still can't move much anyway because of the collar on the suit).

Again great job, BigM! I see you went through the trouble of dismounting the chest piece!

Thanks guys, I guess its not so simple after all , well at least not to me :). It looks great guys good work.

Finally received mine. Wow, what a phenomenal job Neca have done on this at the price point. Outstanding!
6973f8f15e8b4ff82f03f996b6386fd2.jpg
b8934a2f2c990851f26bb877c93cc46d.jpg

This came out great, no need to mod or for a cape that costs more than the figure itself, IMO.
Yeah, that options there, but it's far from essential. I may weather up the armour a little, but it does look great straight out the box. Fantastic figure :)

Is it worth getting both this and the origins version? or will this make the origins one look too toyish in comparison (displaying side by side)?

Is it worth getting both this and the origins version? or will this make the origins one look too toyish in comparison (displaying side by side)?
Both look great IMO and although AK Bats is more detailed, I love the bulky, more comic book design of the OA figure as well.

Just got this and 1989 Batman last weekend, and my Arkham Origins will be arriving soon. It looks phenomenal, joints are great too! NECA really offers great value at this price point.

Great pics! I'm convinced! on a side note. is there a fix for the bat ears? origins looks a little bent.

Thanks! Agreed with Alex1984, I'd love NECA to do Arkham Asylum and Arkham City versions to complete the line. I'd be very happy even with just Arkham Asylum suit! For now however, these 2 make a great Alpha-and-Omega display of Bruce's career in the Arkham Games.

As for the bent ears on AO, it's very unnoticeable in person, and can only be seen at certain angles on pictures :)

Back