Statue 1/4 New 52 Batman - Prime 1 Studios

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can relate to this discussion. Just found out that our Sideshow/Prime 1 dealer-distributor is asking for $938 for the Regular version of this statue. Our currency's at it's lowest since the last decade but it still came out to me as a surprise since our dealer's prices would usually *only* be $30-$40 north of Sideshow's SRP since the currency crash. the $169 difference vs Sideshow's price made this piece a pass for me, but I might end up not getting Miller Batman on Gargoyle as well as their DK Armored Batman if this price trend of our dealer stays :(

I can relate to this discussion. Just found out that our Sideshow/Prime 1 dealer-distributor is asking for $938 for the Regular version of this statue. Our currency's at it's lowest since the last decade but it still came out to me as a surprise since our dealer's prices would usually *only* be $30-$40 north of Sideshow's SRP since the currency crash. the $169 difference vs Sideshow's price made this piece a pass for me, but I might end up not getting Miller Batman on Gargoyle as well as their DK Armored Batman if this price trend of our dealer stays :(

I sympathise on the currency issue. A few years back a $1000 statue would have worked out less than £600, now with the pound sinking it will come to almost £800.

Still with the Miller Bats on gargoyle not even being up for pre order yet it must be at least 2 years away from release. Even putting aside a small amount each month should add up to a nice amount over that time. That's my plan to be able to afford that piece.

Currencies across the board is atrocious. I’m in Singapore and the their Dollar is way stronger than the Aussie Dollar. So it’s now getting harder to get statues either from the US or from Asia! These prices increase will eventually will do two things. Crash this industry or prices hikes will or have to taper off. $750 was a huge ask for Deadpool Heat-seeker. Now $799 for a 1/4 is nuts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,

I have been reading the board passively for quite some time but decided to register now. I swear I have read somewhere on the board something about screws being used in this statue. Does someone have more information on that?

Best

Hi all,

I have been reading the board passively for quite some time but decided to register now. I swear I have read somewhere on the board something about screws being used in this statue. Does someone have more information on that?

Best

I don't think anyone knows for sure. The piece shown by Kelvin with the screw/fastener could very well just be how the prototype versions are assembled. It looks like we're the fastener is located, there is a capping piece to cover the bolt.

I don't think anyone knows for sure. The piece shown by Kelvin with the screw/fastener could very well just be how the prototype versions are assembled. It looks like we're the fastener is located, there is a capping piece to cover the bolt.

And is that a good or a bad thing? I am very new to this hobby so I dont know anything yet about such matters. As for now I dont even have any statues yet, only pre-orders :)

Ok, im pulling the trigger on this. It will be my first statue of this scale, not to mention price. It just looks too good to pass up. I wonder how this would looks with the Supes SS PF. Is the scale about the same? I know it wont look as nice as a companion piece would, but the Hush Supes is too much $ for me. Yes, I am getting Batman, but Bats is my favorite character. Superman would be something that I think any collector should have bc its Superman. And the PF looks pretty good and the price is better for me. If they can fix that chin tho :slap

Was wondering what happened to all the steam this piece had surrounding it. Then I checked ss website and it says not due out until 2020. Sheesh... does this mean anything revealed coming up from p1 is going into 2021-22? Seems to me P1 is backing themselves up a bit.

Was wondering what happened to all the steam this piece had surrounding it. Then I checked ss website and it says not due out until 2020. Sheesh... does this mean anything revealed coming up from p1 is going into 2021-22? Seems to me P1 is backing themselves up a bit.

With most Prime 1 pieces, it's going to be an 18 month window plus delays from preorder to release.

It's been like that for a while now.

I think Prime 1 has way to much on their plate... Pre-Ordering a statue that won't come out for 2+ years... I won't do that because my tastes seem to change ever few years..... I'd be burning up lots of NRD's..

I think Prime 1 has way to much on their plate... Pre-Ordering a statue that won't come out for 2+ years... I won't do that because my tastes seem to change ever few years..... I'd be burning up lots of NRD's..

preach.

no reason to pre-order ANYTHING these days.

Not to mention there's so many reveals every year, that at times people lose interest with the older pre orders.

Not to mention there's so many reveals every year, that at times people lose interest with the older pre orders.

Yeah, by the time this even comes out there will probably be 2 more options for 1/4th scale Batman already around the corner.

Yeah, by the time this even comes out there will probably be 2 more options for 1/4th scale Batman already around the corner.
That's the predicament im in lol. 3 cool batman statues. Jusr too damn big and years away

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I decided to pull the trigger on this one. The 52 costume is my second favorite Bat-Suit. Really like how the cape is sculpted, the base is amazing, and its very accurate to the comic.

My only concern is the hook on the grappling gun. It looks so narrow, only part of the statue that isn't detailed, and it looks like it would break easily.

I'm still really tempted by this to put with some of the Sideshow 1/4 scale pieces but the depth is putting me off. It's listed as 59cm but clearly quite a lot of that is overhang from his outstretched arm and grapple gun.

Anyone able to estimate what depth of shelf would be needed to support the base?

bat1.jpg

I think release time for this is first quarter so we should hear something soon I would imagine. I've been waiting on this one too.

Back