Statue 1/4 New 52 Batman - Prime 1 Studios

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right!? What about a Capullo Bats? Him and Snyder knock it out of the park for new 52 and we don't get their Batman sculpt!?! So confused by that.

I would love a Capullo Bats. Maybe theyre getting the veterans in first? ( Im assuming Finch was around before GC)

I met GC 20 years ago now and told him he was amazing back than! Both have been in comics for over 25 years IIRC.

I just can't believe they're using "New 52" only in name as reference to the suit the JL are wearing. Batman in a cliche superhero pose is nothing of his New 52 run. Tomasi, Johns, and Snyder made Batman a mere man again, an incredible homage to Frank Miller.

This should be no surprise, Francis Manapul's Flash run deserves 10 times the statue that thing P1 is making which has no reflection upon the character crafted in the New 52.

All of these runs I mention are brilliant, all deservedly being given the "Absolute" HC treatment if you missed out.

Day one PO for me!

How far out do you guys think this is from actually coming out? I'm guessing Fall of next year? Maybe they'll show it this year at SDCC? I'm using the New 52 Superman as an example. Thoughts?

Day one PO for me!

How far out do you guys think this is from actually coming out? I'm guessing Fall of next year? Maybe they'll show it this year at SDCC? I'm using the New 52 Superman as an example. Thoughts?

Thats just a digital WIP, too soon for SDCC 17.

Beat me to it lol. Ok this IS my last piece! :lecture LMAO.

"Kelvin Loke New 52 but look based on finch art. Not the finch Batman. R u confused?"

I'm confused because I know Finch's art and his Batman design (he brought back the yellow oval on the chest before for a short-lived suit then New 52 happened) but the pose seems to have been inspired by that Ivan Reis artwork.

I would love a Capullo Bats. Maybe theyre getting the veterans in first? ( Im assuming Finch was around before GC)

Capullo came in a few years earlier. When Finch broke in he also had some time doing assists and backgrounds for Marc Silvestri while Capullo was already doing his own X-Force monthly :)

I'm confused because I know Finch's art and his Batman design (he brought back the yellow oval on the chest before for a short-lived suit then New 52 happened) but the pose seems to have been inspired by that Ivan Reis artwork.

Capullo came in a few years earlier. When Finch broke in he also had some time doing assists and backgrounds for Marc Silvestri while Capullo was already doing his own X-Force monthly :)

The bold print was Kelvin Lokes quote from FB.
The art was not posted by P1 or Loke but another FB member, just posted for reference to pose. Personally Idk who's art it is.

But who was doing Bats first? Finch or Capullo? The veteran statement was a stab at answering the other members question.

My guess is we don't see these until a year after the Jim Lee Bats... and that's supposed to go up for PO end of this year I believe

My guess is we don't see these until a year after the Jim Lee Bats... and that's supposed to go up for PO end of this year I believe

Bat and Superman... Been waiting a while for these 2

The bold print was Kelvin Lokes quote from FB.
The art was not posted by P1 or Loke but another FB member, just posted for reference to pose. Personally Idk who's art it is.

But who was doing Bats first? Finch or Capullo? The veteran statement was a stab at answering the other members question.

Yeah, I know you were quoting Kevin :) But I didn't exactly get what you were trying to ask so thanks for clarifying. Yeah, Finch did Batman art at least a couple of years ahead of Capullo. Finch wrote and drew a short series when Bats came back from being "dead".

And yes, Capullo's art represents New 52 Batman more than Finch since he's in the flagship title for almost all the New 52 issues. Perhaps Prime 1 finds Capullo's art a little too cartoony/stylized for a quarter scale statue, but I think it would have made this figure stand out from the rest of other Batman statues with more realistic anatomy. A Mignola-esque sculpt worked for SSC's Hellboy comic PF, I believe a Capullo art in 3D form would also look good :)

Yeah, I know you were quoting Kevin :) But I didn't exactly get what you were trying to ask so thanks for clarifying. Yeah, Finch did Batman art at least a couple of years ahead of Capullo. Finch wrote and drew a short series when Bats came back from being "dead".

And yes, Capullo's art represents New 52 Batman more than Finch since he's in the flagship title for almost all the New 52 issues. Perhaps Prime 1 finds Capullo's art a little too cartoony/stylized for a quarter scale statue, but I think it would have made this figure stand out from the rest of other Batman statues with more realistic anatomy. A Mignola-esque sculpt worked for SSC's Hellboy comic PF, I believe a Capullo art in 3D form would also look good :)

:duff

They had an open Q&A session recently where you have the option to ask questions to be answered at a later time by one of the top guys at Prime 1 and so many were wasted, it closed down shortly the same day and there were so many better questions that could've been asked on upcoming releases and projects.

I think that all of the New 52 statues are good. (Not Great) They would look amazing all together, But for the life of me, I can't figure out why the Grapple wire in behind the grapple gun in the pic. Ive have looked at it for days now. It's behind it right? or am I missing something?

I think that all of the New 52 statues are good. (Not Great) They would look amazing all together, But for the life of me, I can't figure out why the Grapple wire in behind the grapple gun in the pic. Ive have looked at it for days now. It's behind it right? or am I missing something?

Good eye lol. I think everyone was so caught up in the tease it was overlooked. Has this been mentioned on FB so P1 can change it?

Back