Statue 1/4 New 52 Batman - Prime 1 Studios

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw this in person last Monday and I thought it looked amazing and it wasn't even on my radar at all. I thought it looked okay in the pictures and was alright for me to pass on. I don't even like new 52 suit but in person this looks soo much better. The pose and the base was awesome I had to reserve it immediately :yess: This would be my first P1 piece.
Took a couple of phone pics.

20200224_161744.jpg
20200224_161737.jpg

I saw this in person last Monday and I thought it looked amazing and it wasn't on my radar at all. I don't even like new 52 suit but the pose was awesome. Then I had it reserved immediately :yess: This would be my first P1 piece.
Took a couple of phone pics.

View attachment 479860
View attachment 479861

oh no its still missing 2 tiny folds in the cape around the neck/left shoulder area, everyone hurry up and cancel lol. This sculpted cape (minus the two "minor sky is falling" folds) still looks more detailed than most sculpted capes at this scale, definitely better than any sculpted cape by SSC (in the good ole days when they actually sculpted capes instead of tossing in cheap fabric ones). Had those 2 minor folds not been shown in proto pictures, people would be praising this piece like crazy. I don't mind people wanting perfection, but the reality is very few pieces end up perfect, or exactly like the prototype. This bad boy is very close . The cape issue is a minor deviation (which could have been done for structural or fragility reasons) from the proto that doesn't take away from the overall impact of the piece whatsoever.

One thing is certain, this piece is by far the best 1/4 scale bats statue ever made, way better than any of SSC Bat PF's to date. Sure, ssc is still a bit cheaper (see latest bats pf), but your paying $100-150 less for lessor quality, the quality of this statue (even with the missing folds) is evident and seems to justify the price difference. Personally i dont even care about the missing detail in the cape i dont consider that a major issue, not nearly as bad as say a poorly painted head sculpt, so its a moot point for me. Ill take it any day over bat chaps, sc quality paint jobs. The new superman pf is nicely sculpted and painted for SSC quality but for the price the paint isn't nearly as good as prime 1 and (like batchaps pf) you get a cheap fabric cape made of material from either walmart or micheals. Its not even a fair comparison between this cape and ssc latest cape offerings. If you don't like the piece (or the 52 suit) fine but all this panic and canceling orders over a tiny loss of detail on the cape is a bit ridiculous imo, esp if thats the sole reason for canceling. The major issue people have with it just doesn't warrant the hate.

Honestly, this is nothing like the bait and switch sideshow usually pulls on us with their shoddy paint jobs and qc. Does it look exactly like the proto (the basis of which we judge perfection)? No -its missing a few tiny cape folds near neck/shoulder area. Does it look closer to its proto -and better painted, detailed and dynamic- than nearly every SSC PF that people end up praising? Yes! Is it still the best 1/4 batman (missing tiny folds and all) ever made or currently available on the market today??? YES!!!

The dynamic grapple gun pose, that ****ing base, the paint work and those head sculpts. Its ****ing batass!!!!

oh no its still missing 2 tiny folds in the cape around the neck/left shoulder area, everyone hurry up and cancel lol. This sculpted cape (minus the two "minor sky is falling" folds) still looks more detailed than most sculpted capes at this scale, definitely better than any sculpted cape by SSC (in the good ole days when they actually sculpted capes instead of tossing in cheap fabric ones). Had those 2 minor folds not been shown in proto pictures, people would be praising this piece like crazy. I don't mind people wanting perfection, but the reality is very few pieces end up perfect, or exactly like the prototype. This bad boy is very close . The cape issue is a minor deviation (which could have been done for structural or fragility reasons) from the proto that doesn't take away from the overall impact of the piece whatsoever.

One thing is certain, this piece is by far the best 1/4 scale bats statue ever made, way better than any of SSC Bat PF's to date. Sure, ssc is still a bit cheaper (see latest bats pf), but your paying $100-150 less for lessor quality, the quality of this statue (even with the missing folds) is evident and seems to justify the price difference. Personally i dont even care about the missing detail in the cape i dont consider that a major issue, not nearly as bad as say a poorly painted head sculpt, so its a moot point for me. Ill take it any day over bat chaps, sc quality paint jobs. The new superman pf is nicely sculpted and painted for SSC quality but for the price the paint isn't nearly as good as prime 1 and (like batchaps pf) you get a cheap fabric cape made of material from either walmart or micheals. Its not even a fair comparison between this cape and ssc latest cape offerings. If you don't like the piece (or the 52 suit) fine but all this panic and canceling orders over a tiny loss of detail on the cape is a bit ridiculous imo, esp if thats the sole reason for canceling. The major issue people have with it just doesn't warrant the hate.

Honestly, this is nothing like the bait and switch sideshow usually pulls on us with their shoddy paint jobs and qc. Does it look exactly like the proto (the basis of which we judge perfection)? No -its missing a few tiny cape folds near neck/shoulder area. Does it look closer to its proto -and better painted, detailed and dynamic- than nearly every SSC PF that people end up praising? Yes! Is it still the best 1/4 batman (missing tiny folds and all) ever made or currently available on the market today??? YES!!!

The dynamic grapple gun pose, that ****ing base, the paint work and those head sculpts. Its ****ing batass!!!!

This incredibly biased rant doesn't hold much merit. Not sure if you're trying to convince yourself or if you were just looking for a chance to bash Sideshow by dragging them in unnecessarily.

People can form their own opinions on whether a statue is "worth it" or not. Some people will cancel over what others would consider nit-picks. These are expensive items so I can understand people being critical.

You are correct, i probably went overboard lol. But....The ranting goes both ways i got tired of reading all the negativity based on those crappy pics, talk about knee jerk reactions. On the flip side, it sounded to me like people were trying to convince themselves not to buy because it is expensive for them, if something cost too much why the need to nitpick it to death

You are correct, i probably went overboard lol. But....The ranting goes both ways i got tired of reading all the negativity based on those crappy pics, talk about knee jerk reactions

I agree with that. It gets frustrating reading extreme hype or extreme negativity. I wish we could all look at these a little more objectively though it can be difficult.

Video review looks great on it. This is definitely an amazing piece.

Does it though? I watched that video and thought with the lighting and camera-work that it was difficult to gauge the quality. Admittedly, I was trying to watch it on my phone. I'll have to view it on a larger screen with a higher quality connection once I'm home.

I'm hoping for a higher quality video with less harsh lighting and a tripod in use.

Does it though? I watched that video and thought with the lighting and camera-work that it was difficult to gauge the quality. Admittedly, I was trying to watch it on my phone. I'll have to view it on a larger screen with a higher quality connection once I'm home.

I'm hoping for a higher quality video with less harsh lighting and a tripod in use.

I guess I'm not as picky as you are. I think the video, while not perfect, still makes this look good.

I think overall he looks great, although that cape just looks like a big slab of polystone to me

I think overall he looks great, although that cape just looks like a big slab of polystone to me

I mean no disrespect here at all but if you want to see a cape that looks like a big slab of polystone just for a reference point, look no further than this pf. This really is a big slab of polystone that not only lacks the detail of this prime 1 piece but its also heavy as **** (no joke). This prime 1 bats isnt perfect but nothing close to this. This ****ing slab is so heavy it causes leaning issues. Original bat pf is another statue that has a cape that looks like big slab of polystone, and like superman pf its heavy too. SSC seems to have given up on sculpted capes since modern bats which was nothing more than a repaint with different head. Based on these capes i understand why. I give prime 1 credit for creating such a dynamic cape with this much detail in such a light weight package given its size and scope. The more detail they add the more fragile it is especially considering it isnt a big thick slab of polystone like the old ssc pfs had

Aa6Z3ML.jpg

It's impossible to tell how big that cape actually is when the only item we have for scale reference is a banana. Do you have a picture with an apple?

lol im not sure if your being sarcastic or not but the banana has nothing to do with it (first picture I found lol), the cape is the important part. I was simply illustrating what a slab of heavy undetailed polystone cape really looks like for reference. I think sometimes we lose sight of that when we nitpick pieces. Not saying people don't have the right to do so but when they do people have the right to bring those comments back in line with reality. The SSC cape is smaller size wise (even though that wasn't my point) but its still big relatively speaking and it lacks a ton of detail in comparison to the P1 piece which while bigger overall is still a fraction of the weight of the less detailed ssc cape. If you compare the two its obvious which one looks like a slab of polystone, and if you own both of them you can also feel which one is a slab of polystone because its heavy as **** and lacks the fine detail in the sculpt

lol im not sure if your being sarcastic or not but the banana has nothing to do with it (first picture I found lol), the cape is the important part. I was simply illustrating what a slab of heavy undetailed polystone cape really looks like for reference. I think sometimes we lose sight of that when we nitpick pieces. Not saying people don't have the right to do so but when they do people have the right to bring those comments back in line with reality. The SSC cape is smaller size wise (even though that wasn't my point) but its still big relatively speaking and it lacks a ton of detail in comparison to the P1 piece which while bigger is a fraction of the weight.

When you get right down to it, there’s no comparing (for sculpted in details) the older premium formats with the newer pieces coming out from any manufacturer; even Sideshow themselves.

How long ago was that PF put up for preorder, 7 years ago?

When you get right down to it, there’s no comparing (for sculpted in details) the older premium formats with the newer pieces coming out from any manufacturer; even Sideshow themselves.

How long ago was that PF put up for preorder, 7 years ago?

I agree. However, SSC doesnt sculpt capes anymore so its the only frame of reference I had. SSC owns the rights to 1/4 scale dc pieces I can only compare to these older ones. We are just lucky prime 1 and SSC got along for a bit so these newer 52 statues were allowed into existence. This will be the last sculpted cape on a 1/4 dc piece until SSC gives up their rights or partners with another company like prime 1.

lol im not sure if your being sarcastic or not but the banana has nothing to do with it (first picture I found lol), the cape is the important part.

Haha, I was being most sarcastic, referring to Sideshow’s apples.

I owned both the OG Superman and Batman statues from SS and hated the capes on them. They were obnoxious. Sold both statues.

Didn't realize this was 1:4. May pick it up. Looks like it would go nicely with the new SS Robin. Maybe someone will offer a replacement cape.

Back